Nokya 2500k yellow "80" watt 9005 bulbs - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 62 Old 09-21-2009, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Nokya 2500k yellow "80" watt 9005 bulbs

I want to buy some yellow bulbs for the drl/high beams... I have heard that a few people on here have the Nokyas and they like them.....

My question is.... They say 80 Watts on them... But is that what it is "putting out" while only USING 65 watts? Please let me know... Here is an example of the bulbs that I am talking about... Thanks

2006 Accord EXL-V6 Auto 4dr (CM6)
+ Desert Mist
+ MODS: HFP suspension with Ingalls rear camber kit, Morimoto Mini H1 retrofit, Nokya Hyper Yellow drl/highs, 17mm TL rear sway bar, JBL GTO 6x9's and tweeters, splash guards, WeatherTech DigitalFit floorliners (front) and Honda all-weather floormats (rear), trunk tray, hood bra.... More to come
= Sexy
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 Old 09-21-2009, 09:00 PM
5th Gear

Send a message via AIM to A1one1nDarkness
I just bought the same ones from that buyer lol. they are rated at 80 watts but since they are in your drl's they only should only use around (~55 watts) or less which is standard. unless you use your high beams for a long period of time or use them alot creating the 88 watts to be constantly drawn then it shouldn't be a problem.

Ive had them on my car for about a month or two now and ive had no problems. Its one of the cheapest mods ive done so far

2006 4DR V6 EX-L
post #3 of 62 Old 09-21-2009, 09:12 PM
2007 4DR EX-L V6 5AT

Send a message via AIM to LFSoccer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to LFSoccer2k6
dominicstl has had them in his drl for a few months now no probs. i have them in my fogs for a week now and no probs (knock on wood)

2007 NHBP EX-L V6 Sedan 5AT
CarDomain:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DIY Documents:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 62 Old 09-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Honda Guido 0809

Send a message via AIM to HondaGuido08c
Yea I bought Nokyas..Matching actually..Fogs and High Beams..in person..they mix so well with my HIDs..they look so sick..i just like to leave my highs on while traveling..lmao

- HIDs and Fogs
Highs and HIDs
- Woo

I just wanna switch my front turn signals to white..but in do time..too many cops keep following me already

- HondaGuido08c -
* 20% Tints All Around
* 35% Tinted Taillights
* 8K HID Kit
* JDM Stage 2 Yellow Fogs
* JDM Stage 2 High Beams
* Customized Red Calipers
* K&N Typhoon 69 Series SRI (Intake)
* Upgraded Trunk & License Plate Lights
* Interior Blue Lighting + Underlighting

Future Mods:
19" or 20" Black Rims
Falken Tires

Future Car in Progress:
Nothing Catching My Eye

Member of NYC ALIVE
post #5 of 62 Old 09-21-2009, 09:44 PM
VTAKKKK

Send a message via AIM to CYANiDE
Bought them from the same guy about a month and a half back. I rarely use my high beams, but with yellow visibility is still pretty decent. Good for the price. I believe 80watts is just their "visible" output, but they only draw 55watts. We need a lighting guy to get in here.

2006 Accord EX i4 Sedan - 5AT - Graphite Pearl - [89,0xx miles]
FF Type II Coilovers || Skunk2 Front Camber Arms || Ingalls Rear Camber Kit || Acura TL-S 27mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars || K&N SRI
post #6 of 62 Old 09-21-2009, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYANiDE View Post
Bought them from the same guy about a month and a half back. I rarely use my high beams, but with yellow visibility is still pretty decent. Good for the price. I believe 80watts is just their "visible" output, but they only draw 55watts. We need a lighting guy to get in here.
I do alot of country driving so I use my highs alot... I hope a lighting guy jumps in here quick because if these lights only draw 55-65 watts, Im buying them pronto!

+ Desert Mist
+ MODS: HFP suspension with Ingalls rear camber kit, Morimoto Mini H1 retrofit, Nokya Hyper Yellow drl/highs, 17mm TL rear sway bar, JBL GTO 6x9's and tweeters, splash guards, WeatherTech DigitalFit floorliners (front) and Honda all-weather floormats (rear), trunk tray, hood bra.... More to come
= Sexy
post #7 of 62 Old 09-21-2009, 09:56 PM
VTAKKKK

Send a message via AIM to CYANiDE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowingNFront View Post
I do alot of country driving so I use my highs alot... I hope a lighting guy jumps in here quick because if these lights only draw 55-65 watts, Im buying them pronto!
Then again, I might be wrong. but if you use your highs a lot, I suggest going with something whiter, Nokya does offer other brighter bulbs if I'm not mistaken. I think that these yellow will not be as good as bright white for visiblity.

2006 Accord EX i4 Sedan - 5AT - Graphite Pearl - [89,0xx miles]
FF Type II Coilovers || Skunk2 Front Camber Arms || Ingalls Rear Camber Kit || Acura TL-S 27mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars || K&N SRI
post #8 of 62 Old 09-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Honda Guido 0809

Im going to take a pic of how much it lights up..i have a big backyard and woods to the water...it lights up the left middle and right side YELLOWY GOODNESS..the ones i bought r poppin =)...and flashing people at night with yellow is just JOY!!

- HondaGuido08c -
* 20% Tints All Around
* 35% Tinted Taillights
* 8K HID Kit
* JDM Stage 2 High Beams

Future Mods:
19" or 20" Black Rims
Falken Tires

Future Car in Progress:
Nothing Catching My Eye

Member of NYC ALIVE
post #9 of 62 Old 09-21-2009, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYANiDE View Post
Then again, I might be wrong. but if you use your highs a lot, I suggest going with something whiter, Nokya does offer other brighter bulbs if I'm not mistaken. I think that these yellow will not be as good as bright white for visiblity.
ehhhh for $15 it wont hurt to try them... If Im not satisfied with the visibility i will just swap back in my regular drl/highs... The only question for me is how much wattage the consume... Since I use my highs so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuido08c View Post
Im going to take a pic of how much it lights up..i have a big backyard and woods to the water...it lights up the left middle and right side YELLOWY GOODNESS..the ones i bought r poppin =)...and flashing people at night with yellow is just JOY!!
Oh I def believe you... Im getting them if they are the right wattage.

+ Desert Mist
= Sexy
post #10 of 62 Old 09-21-2009, 10:16 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
and flashing people at night with yellow is just JOY!!
Thank goodness you added the "with yellow"

Latest mod: 35W 3000K Fogs.

2005 Accord Coupe i4
post #11 of 62 Old 09-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Honda Guido 0809

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry05coupe View Post
Thank goodness you added the "with yellow"
OMG OMG OMG..you no it took me a good 30 seconds to understand what you meant..and now im DYING OF LA UGHTER..LMAO YOU FUNNY GUY..ROFL ROFL..WOWWWWW HA

- HondaGuido08c -
* 20% Tints All Around
* 35% Tinted Taillights
* 8K HID Kit
* JDM Stage 2 High Beams

Future Mods:
19" or 20" Black Rims
Falken Tires

Future Car in Progress:
Nothing Catching My Eye

Member of NYC ALIVE
post #12 of 62 Old 09-21-2009, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

well I just saw another ebay listing for Nokya 9006 hyper yellow bulbs that say 70Watts instead of 80Watts....

It also says that the input wattage is 55w and the output is 70w... So that may be what I buy... Check it out... ANy thoughts?

"Brand New Nokya Hyper Yellow Halogen Bulbs
Type: 9006 / HB4

Sold As: 2 Bulbs

Wattage(input): 55

Wattage(output): 70

Color: Hyper Yellow

Color Temp: 2500K ( Stage I )

Note: Do not touch the bulb surface during installation

Product Details:

High output Halogen Headlight Upgrade
Give 30% more visibility in poor weather
Plug and Play Design.
No wiring upgrade necessary"

+ Desert Mist
= Sexy
post #13 of 62 Old 09-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Honda Guido 0809

Nah..Let me show you this bro..When Your Going to shop for anything..Only Trust Amazon.com or other KNOWN Sites..Ebay is GARBAGE

80W Output =)

- HondaGuido08c -
* 20% Tints All Around
* 35% Tinted Taillights
* 8K HID Kit
* JDM Stage 2 High Beams

Future Mods:
19" or 20" Black Rims
Falken Tires

Future Car in Progress:
Nothing Catching My Eye

Member of NYC ALIVE
post #14 of 62 Old 09-21-2009, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Nah..Let me show you this bro..When Your Going to shop for anything..Only Trust Amazon.com or other KNOWN Sites..Ebay is GARBAGE

80W Output =)
Yeah I just noticed that the link I posted above was for 9006 bulbs... But I know it says that the output is 80W.... But alot of people say that meaning that it lights up like an 80w bulb... When the output can be stock.

+ Desert Mist
= Sexy
post #15 of 62 Old 09-21-2009, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

What about Luminics 2500k 9005 bulbs?

They are rated at 65 input watts and 140 output watts. (the last number is obviously trying to say that they are alot brighter than usual... But on the box it says 65W!)

Might have to spring for these?

EDIT: I also just saw another one where it said that the Nokyas are actually stock wattage... Look

Ok.... In that last link I provided ^^^ It shows a pic of the headlight bulb from the back... It says 12v65W!!! FOR THE NOKYAS!!!!!

So this means that the Nokyas are in fact stock wattage... Im getting them! Thanks

+ Desert Mist
= Sexy
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.