Projector Fog Lights; Ford Fusion Retrofit - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 06-19-2014, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Projector Fog Lights; Ford Fusion Retrofit

So I had some work done on my fog lights and decided to share it with the world here.

So here is my lifestory...

The fog lights are afermarket from spyder auto. I got them on amazon with 35 W H8 halogens. Ran into some problems as can be seen below;

Heat + Plastic = PROBLEMS

I got a pair of LEDS to curb the heat issue...major glare this time; totally off from the focal point.

Attached Images
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 06-19-2014, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Continuing...

The next step: fix that glare...solution: Projectors.
I picked up a pair of OEM ford fusion foglights, took them to someone who knows what he's doing and got them retrofited.

Now look at that beam pattern

Yes, I know the output is useless; I'm working on that at the moment.

Attached Images
post #3 of 22 Old 06-19-2014, 09:20 PM
4th Gear

looks great, im actually putting a set of fusion fogs i had on my civic on my accord in a few weeks, im waiting on my retrofitted headlights to come back too

post #4 of 22 Old 06-19-2014, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

The actual retrofit

My fogs were made out of plastic (aftermarket) so the guy decided to sell me a pair or original 8th gen civic fogs (aluminium).

He spent some time cutting, nipping and tucking to get the job done.
He also removed the foreground shield; that's a plus. If someone can educate me on the usefulness of a foreground shield, I'd be eternally grateful.

The empty space was evenly filled with a resin. I have clue what it is except that it's awesome.

So that's that...

More pics to come if I slap in HIDs...they are projectors after all and these LEDs really don't do much for visibility either.
Attached Images
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lex33122 For This Useful Post:
bobbo (06-19-2014), crkdslider (06-20-2014)
post #5 of 22 Old 06-19-2014, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethlar View Post
looks great, im actually putting a set of fusion fogs i had on my civic on my accord in a few weeks, im waiting on my retrofitted headlights to come back too
You will love it. Make sure it's angled high and the foreground shield is gone. I need a harder and longer spring for my adjustments so I can raise the output just a bit more...
post #6 of 22 Old 06-19-2014, 10:00 PM
Bob's your UNCLE ...

Well played ... White 7.5 gen sedan, best looking girl at the prom ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-'07 K24/AT SE CM5

P&P ’08 TSX IM|P&P OEM Injector Base|’08 TSX TB|HPS short ram intake w/ K&N|wrapped headers
6-6 strut tower brace|Megan Racing strut tower brace|TL-S FSB|TL-S RSB
HDR grills|JDM emblems|HFP front lip|Inspire fogs|Mugen side sills|OEM deck-lid spoiler|OEM Hybrid tails|17"x7" EP-R5 (HFP) rims
ELM 327 Bluetooth|USA Spec BT-35 HON|Kicker CS65's|Kicker CS693's|LED interior bulbs
The Following User Says Thank You to bobbo For This Useful Post:
Lex33122 (06-19-2014)
post #7 of 22 Old 06-20-2014, 04:22 AM
Fear The Turtle!

Awesome mod! I've been kicking this around as my next mod.

Mike

2006 Accord EX-L K24 5MT ASM -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1961 Impala 2 Door Sedan Flat Roof 3MT -

2011 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Wife's
2008 Hyundai Sonata SE V6
2012 Tacoma TRD Sport CCSB 1GR 6MT 4WD MGM
2011 Civic Si K20 6MT CBP
2001 Pathfinder SE VQ35 5MT SB
2006 Excursion Limited V10 4WD 4AT
1997 Pathfinder SE VG33 5AT
1999 ML320 5AT
1996 Accord LX F22 4AT
The Following User Says Thank You to cintocrunch For This Useful Post:
Lex33122 (06-24-2014)
post #8 of 22 Old 06-20-2014, 05:29 AM
I detail my car, a lot.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex33122 View Post
He spent some time cutting, nipping and tucking to get the job done.
He also removed the foreground shield; that's a plus. If someone can educate me on the usefulness of a foreground shield, I'd be eternally grateful.
Check this out: scroll down to "Comparison Results"

2007 Accord V6 EX-L Navi

4 Door AT ASM
All Factory except: Inspire fogs, dash camera, AUX jack, reverse camera, condenser protection mod, speaker upgrades, interior LED swap, OEM shift boot, 35% tint, WeatherTech mats
Future Dreams: Auto Day/Night mirror, Hybrid side mirrors
120K Miles (as of October2017) - Heath
post #9 of 22 Old 06-20-2014, 10:10 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbo View Post

Well played ... White 7.5 gen sedan, best looking girl at the prom ...
Until a white 7th gen with a 7.5 front end arrives haha. Although yours is more beautiful on the inside.

Carlos
Honda Civic 2009 EX Sedan - Royal Blue Pearl -
Honda Accord 2003 EX Sedan - Taffeta White - Sold 12/15/14
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NightFire For This Useful Post:
bobbo (06-20-2014), Lex33122 (06-24-2014)
post #10 of 22 Old 06-21-2014, 09:26 AM
I <3 My Honda

The fusion fogs are one of the most well-known OEM halogen foglight projectors known to tolerate an HID bulb's output due to their straight cutoff shield and ability to distribute the beam evenly. I love the thought-up creativity in using an 8G Civic's lenses. Very nice mod choice, my friend.

The purpose of a foreground limiter is to increase the driver's distance visibility. The human eye tends to be subconsciously drawn to light that is closer to it than farther away. Imagine walking down a dark, unfamiliar hallway with a flashlight while someone else is pointing a pen light, not at your eye, but close to it. Although you're still able to navigate your way by using the flashlight and illuminating your path, the pen light is constantly going to be distracting your peripheral vision.

By limiting the amount of foreground light closest to the vehicle's front end, your eyes are then able to concentrate on the light output in the distance more easily without the distraction. This is most important in headlamps which are the main lighting source, as opposed to fog lamps, which sole's purpose is to illuminate the sides or lines of the road closest to the vehicle in inclement weather. Being that this mod was done to fog lamps, you should be fine with the foreground limiters removed.

Ben

'07 EX-L HFP V6 Coupe w/ Navi - "Tawonda"
Graphite Pearl / Black Leather
(Sold 07/26/17)

'17 Touring HFP V6 Coupe - "Bianca"
White Orchid Pearl / Black Ivory Leather
(Purchased 5/18/17)
post #11 of 22 Old 06-21-2014, 11:07 AM
4th Gear

ive had hids in my fusion fogs since i got them a year or so ago, never had any issues and they have fantastic output.

drivers side is a little off on rotation it was also sitting funny in its bracket at the time
post #12 of 22 Old 06-21-2014, 06:38 PM
I <3 My Honda

I have fusion vs. blazer HID outputs somewhere *looks under a big stack of papers* Now...if only I can find them in all this mess... lol

ethlar, what projectors are you running in the headlamps? The foreground limiters look a lot like the TL's

EDIT: Found my fusion output which I prefer a lot more over the blazers - the blazers give off more of a smiley face appearance as both sides bow up (see pics below). Second choice below the Fusions would be the Morimoto Matchbox.

Here is what I'm referring to - Photo credit goes to G L I on the VW forums.

Blazer fogs / 3,000K

Blazer fogs / 3,000K with Acura TL Bi-Xenon / 4,300K OEM Philips 85122+ D2S

Ben

'07 EX-L HFP V6 Coupe w/ Navi - "Tawonda"
Graphite Pearl / Black Leather
(Sold 07/26/17)

'17 Touring HFP V6 Coupe - "Bianca"
White Orchid Pearl / Black Ivory Leather
(Purchased 5/18/17)
post #13 of 22 Old 06-21-2014, 07:34 PM
4th Gear

The headlights in my pic were modded rx330s they actually have a cutout for "squirrel finders" in the shield to light up road signs
post #14 of 22 Old 06-24-2014, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

LEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathmc View Post
Check this out: scroll down to "Comparison Results"
(foreground shield)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaminAccord View Post
The fusion fogs are one of the most well-known OEM halogen foglight projectors known to tolerate an HID bulb's output due to their straight cutoff shield and ability to distribute the beam evenly. I love the thought-up creativity in using an 8G Civic's lenses. Very nice mod choice, my friend.

The purpose of a foreground limiter is to increase the driver's distance visibility. The human eye tends to be subconsciously drawn to light that is closer to it than farther away. Imagine walking down a dark, unfamiliar hallway with a flashlight while someone else is pointing a pen light, not at your eye, but close to it. Although you're still able to navigate your way by using the flashlight and illuminating your path, the pen light is constantly going to be distracting your peripheral vision.

By limiting the amount of foreground light closest to the vehicle's front end, your eyes are then able to concentrate on the light output in the distance more easily without the distraction. This is most important in headlamps which are the main lighting source, as opposed to fog lamps, which sole's purpose is to illuminate the sides or lines of the road closest to the vehicle in inclement weather. Being that this mod was done to fog lamps, you should be fine with the foreground limiters removed.
(foreground shield)

yes yes...i did some digging before i settled on the fusions...must say, they looked like a piece of art when i got them

HIDs on the way actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethlar View Post
ive had hids in my fusion fogs since i got them a year or so ago, never had any issues and they have fantastic output.

drivers side is a little off on rotation it was also sitting funny in its bracket at the time
you headlights output look amazing...im not fan of the 3000K colour (thats just me) but the fact that its SOOOO golden yellow is actually refreshing when compared to halogen (my hi/lo are still stock)

SO i got some pics to upload again but before i do that, below are two pairs of H11 LED "bulbs"

i have the 1st one in my fogs atm.

the 2nd pair with the heat sink and the fan...the drivers side fits well (thats the right hand side where I'm from)...however, when i jack it into the left side...it gets jammed and im left with a 2 INCH gap before the fog light housing even slips back into its slot...so its a no go...

that may not be such a bad thing though seeing as the risk of the fan failing is a potential or trouble...either way...i slapped it into the right side and took some pics...they're on their way
Attached Images
post #15 of 22 Old 06-24-2014, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

LED comparison

From the above post, the fan-less guys put out may be around 600 to 800 lumens ( could be less)

the pair with the heat sink and fan are specified: 20W, 1800 lumens

pic 1, pic 2 : dim guys

pic 3, pic 4, pic 5 : dim guys on the left side, bright guys on the right

as u can see in pic 4, my galaxy note 3 camera flipped out

Attached Images
Advertisement

Tags
7th generation, fog light install, ford fusion, projector, retrofit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.