Depo black headlight housing - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-18-2014, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Depo black headlight housing

How are these headlights? I have searched around and seemed most positive except a few ppl saying they start to "peel" after a while? What is that?

Here is two amazon products, i'm not certain which one is actually the good one?

I like the 2nd one more, but IDK if the quality is worse...

TY

Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-19-2014, 06:11 AM
Meego_Win

I've purchased Spec D headlights before, and they're good quality of the most part. Some headlights include Led conversions and whatever else like halos, and I'm pretty sure the ones you're trying to buy (the 2nd link) is just the housing. It's a pretty straight forward install with these guys. You just remove your bumper and then gently remove the bulbs from the old housings. Then you literally plug the new ones in, maybe take the factory bracket off the old house and stick it on the new one, and then wham! You got some sexy black housings!

I won't discourage you from looking around some more, but so far my headlights have survived a winter and some rain too and they seem okay.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

EDIT: If you need help with the install, and decide to go with Spec D, they have a YouTube channel that does all that stuff. I've heard of other brands like Spyder that are really good. Try Andys Auto Sport dot com and then if you find some you like, look for it on Amazon to save some money.

post #3 of 6 Old 01-19-2014, 09:20 AM
5th Gear

You can get them on ebay for cheaper. Or, if you want to be a DIY savy, you can pop open your own headlights and black house them yourself.

Back at it again.

post #4 of 6 Old 01-19-2014, 09:53 AM
Wave Interference

I have the black Depos - no concerns re quality or fitment. Good beam pattern as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan_W For This Useful Post:
jimijam (01-19-2014)
post #5 of 6 Old 01-19-2014, 04:41 PM
dont deviate

Depo is a good aftermarket brand. Used them with my 94 and 07.

/94EX CD7 G77M/DZ-D1/JDM S2K HID/18RH-C5/WW-T/(gone)
/07SE CM5 NH700M/17V6-6/OEM LIP/Decklid/Hybrid LED/TSX HID/
/02IS BD1 B01B 8N8/TRD/SD/
post #6 of 6 Old 01-19-2014, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Mahalo 4 the replies, I guess i'll end up prob buying the spec d jdm ones (they look better), seeing as my old ones are complete fogged up and yellow. I'll check out ebay, etc.

THANKS. Any1 got pics of the spec-d?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.