Left Turn signal problem(not a bulb issue) - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 04-19-2007, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Accord03

Angry Left Turn signal problem(not a bulb issue)

Hi guys,
I am having problem with left turn signal on my 2003 Accord. Right turn signal is working fine. I double checked both front and rear turn signal bulb, and I don't think it's a bulb issue.

Left turn signal won't light on the instrument panel either.
No click/ticking sound can be heard. When I switch on Hazard light, light doesn't work for left signal only. Where should I begin to look for?
Could this be a problem from a turn signal switch or flasher relay? If I need to replace any of those parts, can I find them in local pepboys or autozone?
Thanks in advance.

******HERE IS UPDATE*****

Someone from AskYahoo(seems like Honda mechanics) suggested to check ground wire from each connector. He thinks one of ground wire might have got shorted because left signal indicator on instrument gauge doesn't work. He suggested me to check both front and back. I was able to checked rear side where all grounds wires from lights were attached behind the rear bumper. Everything seems connected, and there was no sign of burn-out.

I couldn't check the front side because it was such a small space to dig around. But I am confident that ground wire for front side is ok because I get light on front left signal lamp when I turn on the parking light. (Front left signal sockets were consisted with two red/one black)

I was able to locate a flasher relay to make sure there is no sign of burned out resistor or anything. I had hard time to remove lower dash panel. After couple hours of struggle, I was able to remove and check the flash. I removed cover of flasher relay, and I didn't see any sign of burned or short circuit. I couldn't find how to check/diagnosis this type of flasher relay.

After search through various forums for any honda vehicle, I read "Hazard Switch" may cause a faulty turn signal. Does anyone have any idea if this statement is valid?

Last edited by polaris; 04-22-2007 at 10:02 AM. Reason: After further investigation and research, I found out followings
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-20-2007, 06:02 AM
banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordlover
fuse! Check them.

post #3 of 9 Old 04-20-2007, 06:26 AM
<error: divide by zero>

I wonder if its a problem with actual signal switch or the relay assebly. I would think that if it was a problem with the relay assembly or fuse, you wouldnt have any working.

Do the signal bulbs on the left flash if you turn on the hazards? (I am not sure what you meant when you said the hazard didnt make a difference)

If it does, I am going to guess its the lighting combo switch failing. If thats it, the part number is 35255-SDA-A01 and it runs about $20-30. Not sure on labor.

Mike M

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wheels,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(temp and Maplights),

post #4 of 9 Old 04-20-2007, 07:18 AM
Rule Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to stevencrosbie
^^^^^

I think you're relay might be bad. Since you have no ticking or anything, it leads me to think its the relay.

I hope its not the switch...
post #5 of 9 Old 04-20-2007, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Accord03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accordlover
fuse! Check them.
There is no fuse for turn signal lamp. Both turn signal lamps light on with parking light. So I am sure it's not a fuse. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmcginn

Do the signal bulbs on the left flash if you turn on the hazards? (I am not sure what you meant when you said the hazard didnt make a difference)
Sorry for the confusion. The left signal bulb doesn't turn on with the hazard. Someone from Ask.yahoo.com mentioned that I might have to replace the bulb on the cluster since it doesn't ligh on either. I hope this is not the situation because it seems very difficult to DIY.
Thank you for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencrosbie
^^^^^

I think you're relay might be bad. Since you have no ticking or anything, it leads me to think its the relay.

I hope its not the switch...
Does Accord have two flasher relays, both left and right side? Someone from Honda-tech mentioned, if relays are bad, a right side blinker won't work at all. Where are those relays located? Thanks
post #6 of 9 Old 04-20-2007, 09:17 AM
<error: divide by zero>

I think from the parts diagram on collegehillshonda.com it is just one relay, and that makes sense, because its named as a combination relay for the hazards and signals. I really cant see the bulb in the cluster being the issue. I have never seen one burn out on cars 20 years old. I think if princess can give us the information on the turn signal circuit, it may help us figure it out.

Mike M

Wheels,
(temp and Maplights),
post #7 of 9 Old 04-23-2007, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Accord03

Left Turn Signal Broken (Resolved)

After numerous posting and investigation regarding to malfunction of left turn signal, an issue was resolved by simple replacement of Flasher Relay(38300-SDA-A03).
I purchased the part from local Honda dealer at $18.07. I tried NAPA, Autozone, and Pepboys but no one had a part except Honda dealership.

Hope this help other Accord owners.

2003 Accord LX(4Cyl)
post #8 of 9 Old 08-11-2011, 12:45 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris View Post
After numerous posting and investigation regarding to malfunction of left turn signal, an issue was resolved by simple replacement of Flasher Relay(38300-SDA-A03).
I purchased the part from local Honda dealer at $18.07. I tried NAPA, Autozone, and Pepboys but no one had a part except Honda dealership.
I'm having the same issue. I will try replacing the relay today. (bulbs and fuses are fine)
post #9 of 9 Old 08-11-2011, 01:16 PM

You might have just pinpointed my problem. I have a 07 and my left front turn signal hyper blinks sometimes for no reason. It would do this on and off for no reason but most of the time it works fine. I tried replacing bulbs at one point and it didn't fix the problem.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.