Alarm Valet Switch location - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-19-2013, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Alarm Valet Switch location

Just purchased 06 Accord & it came with Hornet alarm from looking underneath the SW dash. The LED alarm has a constant red light, which I think is on valet mode. I can lock & unlock with the horn sounding off. Problem is the alarm does not sound/goes off when I open the doors while the alarm is on. Is it because the alarm is on "valet" mode?

I opened up the underneath dash panel to look for the valet switch but I cannot see this SOB anywhere! Is there another place to look. I assume it's standard practice to leave the valet switch underneath the steering wheel panel.

I can't ask the previous owner because she doesn't know.

I took apart the panel & it's a Hornet 727T alarm. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-19-2013, 06:38 PM

To enter or exit Valet® Mode with the Valet® switch:
Turn ignition to “on” position,
then turn to “off” position. Press
and release the Valet® switch within
10 seconds. The status LED will
light steady if you have entered
Valet® Mode. To exit Valet® Mode, repeat the steps above. The LED will
turn off when exiting Valet® Mode.
remote valet®
Remote Valet® is a convenient feature that makes bypassing the security
system easier. This feature makes it possible to exit or enter Valet®
Mode using your factory keyless transmitter.
1. Open any door.
2. Press LOCK on the transmitter.
3. Press UNLOCK on the transmitter.
4. Press LOCK on the transmitter.

The valet switch is plugged into a 2 pin blue connect on the unit. You can trace the wires back to the switch. If you have the remote try those steps.

2007 EX-L 4DR
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.