Cost to replace an O2 Sensor - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-31-2012, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
My First Post

Cost to replace an O2 Sensor

Hi,

My car is a 2006 Accord.

My engine light just came on and the ODBII sensor shows a code of P0135 (o2 sensor heater circuit malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1).

Question - does anyone know what a dealer would charge to replace this sensor? Part and labor?

Thanks in advance, Picard63

Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-31-2012, 10:17 AM
2006 I4 MT

My alldataDIY subscriptions says to check relays and fuses for this code first.

Are you sure its an O2 sensor?

Labor is .5 for the front and rear is .9.

That wouldn't include the diagnostic fee they would charge you. About $140 on top of any parts and labor.

2006 Accord LX Coupe I4 MT
post #3 of 6 Old 12-31-2012, 07:39 PM
1st Gear

I had mine replaced last summer and it added up to about 310$. I've actually seen a YouTube video on doing it yourself on another car... So if you can do that, it'd be like half that price and not too hard, I don't think. Of course you need to be able to get under the car.

post #4 of 6 Old 12-31-2012, 10:59 PM
4th Gear

sensor is like a 100 on amazon. easy diy if you just get that o2 sensor socket from harbor freight or autozone which is like 8 dollars. watch some youtube vids, easy diy. dont get raped by the stealership. make sure you buy ngk or denso. i prefer ngk because most come with anti-seize already applied.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-01-2013, 07:42 AM
4th Gear

8 year or 80,000 mile epa govenment emissions warranty applicable?

2013 EX-l sedan
Hematite metallic
Jonesboro, Arkansas
post #6 of 6 Old 01-01-2013, 10:05 AM
'09 TL SH AWD Tech

If you replace it yourself get also some PB Blaster () to loosen it up first and lightly bang it with a hammer. Don't bother applying anti-seize on the threads of the new one... by the time it gets toasted again you'll be driving a new car
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.