How-To: Install Hubcentric Wheel Spacers - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 11-22-2012, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
I <3 My Honda

How-To: Install Hubcentric Wheel Spacers

Disclaimer: This article is being written as a reference guide only. Under no circumstances do I withhold liability should something go wrong and damage occurs to your personal vehicle. By following this how-to guide and choosing to go forward, you choose to perform this modification at your own risk.

HOW-TO: Install Hubcentric Wheel Spacers

Tools Required:

x1 Heavy-Duty Floor Jack
x2 Jack Stands
x1 Torque Wrench
x1 Breaker Bar w/ 19MM Socket
OR
x1 Tire Iron
x1 3/4 Socket
x1 Tube Anti-Seize
x1 Pair Hubcentric Wheel Spacers (of desired size)

I decided to go with H&R TRAK+ Hubcentric, 20MM for the front and 25MM for the rear, as I have had wonderful past experiences with this brand.

BEFORE PICS:

1) Apply the parking brake & working on one side at a time, loosen the five 19MM lug nuts with the tire iron OR a breaker bar with a 19MM socket but do not fully remove them

2) Jack up either the front or rear of the vehicle (that you are working on) and properly support on jack stands.

3) Continue by removing the lug nuts completely off of the wheel:

4) Remove the wheel from the vehicle

5) Apply a small amount of anti-seize on your finger and apply to each of the factory wheel studs; A large amount is not needed.

6) Install the wheel spacer loosely onto the hub and continue applying anti-seize to the additional five studs of the wheel spacer

7) Thread the five nuts that were included with the wheel spacers onto the factory studs using your fingers.

8) Using a 3/4 socket and torque wrench, tighten the nuts to the hub. Torque them to the factory recommended setting for lug nuts: 79 ft-lb Torque

9) Ensure that the wheel spacer is sitting flush against the bore and hub

10) Re-install the wheel onto the five wheel studs of the new wheel spacer and tighten the factory lug nuts "hand-tight."

11) Install the other wheel spacer by repeating this procedure to the opposite side

12) Carefully & slowly lower the vehicle off of the jack stands and back to the ground

13) Torque the factory lug nuts of both sides to the recommended setting: 79 ft-lb Torque with your torque wrench & 19MM socket

14) Lastly, take the car for a ride to verify that the wheel spacers and wheels are sitting flush. The hubcentric bore of the wheel spacer is 64.1 and should fit snugly like a glove over the factory hub assembly. You should not feel any shakes or rattles. If you do, go back and double check all of your work.

AFTER PICS

Enjoy your now flushed wheels

(Coming Soon: How-To Install Coilovers)

teezythakidd likes this.

Ben

'07 EX-L HFP V6 Coupe w/ Navi - "Tawonda"
Graphite Pearl / Black Leather
(Sold 07/26/17)

'17 Touring HFP V6 Coupe - "Bianca"
White Orchid Pearl / Black Ivory Leather
(Purchased 5/18/17)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DreaminAccord For This Useful Post:
jakenickle (07-13-2014), JimmyFL (06-17-2015), Kage_003 (12-12-2017)
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Dan
6th Gear

Nice! looks a million times better.

3.0-AT (7th Generation)
Notchback-stroker 410- 527 RWHP on nitrous
post #3 of 16 Old 11-22-2012, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
I <3 My Honda

Thanks Dan! Cant wait to get the coils installed as long as I can get a sunny day off

Ben

(Sold 07/26/17)

(Purchased 5/18/17)

post #4 of 16 Old 11-22-2012, 01:02 PM
4th Gear

yeah, looks nice. thanks for the guide.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved then those who falsely believe they are free" - Goethe

Current Car: 2007 Accord V6 3.0L EX AT (W/O Navi)
post #5 of 16 Old 11-22-2012, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
I <3 My Honda

I'd also like to add that if you choose to run spacers to get that lower offset look, they should be inspected often. Safety always comes first.

Even though these H&R TRAK+ are composed of an anodized aluminum/magnesium to give them extraordinary strength, there have been many scary stories of cheaper spacers, even including the more expensive Ichiba, where studs have broken; the spacers themselves have cracked; etc. As with any aftermarket product, please be careful and responsible.

Ben

(Sold 07/26/17)

(Purchased 5/18/17)
post #6 of 16 Old 11-22-2012, 05:13 PM
1st Gear

Anti seize is not recommended.

Scroll down to the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using

'05 BMW M3
'07 Honda Accord EX-L V6
'08 Honda Pilot EX-L Navi
'09 Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
post #7 of 16 Old 11-22-2012, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
I <3 My Honda

Very good to know, thanks JaTe for contributing! When I recheck them in a few days, I'll double check what their torqued at and possibly loosen them just a few ft-lbs.

Ben

(Sold 07/26/17)

(Purchased 5/18/17)
post #8 of 16 Old 11-24-2012, 04:36 AM

I'm going to have to do some homework. I ASSumed you would have to remove the OEM studs when using this size of spacer. Had I known different I could have picked up a set of spacers locally for a good price.

2014 MSM Accord Sport Sedan 6M
post #9 of 16 Old 11-24-2012, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
I <3 My Honda

One thing that you will notice if going with these same size spacers, is that your OEM studs will poke through (roughly 1/4") the 20MM (or smaller) spacer. The studs sitting perfectly flushed with the 25MM on the rears. On some cars, this will be a problem as it will prevent the wheel from sitting flush against the spacer. In that situation, one must shave down their OEM studs or exchange them with slightly smaller studs. However, on most Honda wheels there are recesses in the wheel itself, that provides extra "room" for the protruding OEM stud to fit into.

(Example pic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaks2k View Post
I ASSumed you would have to remove the OEM studs when using this size of spacer.
Well there are many different types of spacer styles to choose from:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRsprings.com
DR Series spacers fit between the wheel and hub, and require longer wheel bolts (ordered separately). Please verify bolt specifics before ordering (taper or round bolt head and shaft length).

DRS Series spacers fit between the wheel and hub, and require exchanging the existing wheel studs for longer ones (studs are included).

DRA Series spacers bolt to the hub with special wheel bolts (included) and provide new threaded holes for the existing wheel bolts.

DRM Series spacers bolt to the hub with existing wheel studs and special nuts (included). Wheel is bolted to new DRM wheel studs.
Mine are the DRM series

Ben

(Sold 07/26/17)

(Purchased 5/18/17)
post #10 of 16 Old 11-24-2012, 03:34 PM
'03 E39 Sport - 5 Spd

Yeah, I never used anti-seize compound and I've been running spacers for several months now with absolutely no problem. Love those wheels with spacers.
post #11 of 16 Old 11-24-2012, 04:09 PM

That's what I get for not searching first!

post #12 of 16 Old 11-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Povy > Dreaminaccord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaks2k View Post
That's what I get for not searching first!
LOL out of all people sodaks THE SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND :P

Looks good Ben! Nice work bravo now get those daggum coils on! I was gonna say clean your wheels too but you cleaned them up for the after pics well done!

Good to see my headlights still lookin' goooood

2006 LX i4 Graphite Pearl 84k. RIP 11/23/13
2000 silverstone S2K 149k (bone stock) ;)
2005 satin v6 ex-l coupe 58k
Lots of mods.
Mod master

Romans 1:16 Maranatha!
post #13 of 16 Old 11-27-2012, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
I <3 My Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by povy View Post
Looks good Ben! Nice work bravo now get those daggum coils on! I was gonna say clean your wheels too but you cleaned them up for the after pics well done!

Good to see my headlights still lookin' goooood
haha you know me and my OCD arse...of COURSE I had to clean my wheels Much easier to do off the car, then on, hence the dirty wheels in the before pics

...and oh yes, your headlamps are in good hands

Ben

(Sold 07/26/17)

(Purchased 5/18/17)
post #14 of 16 Old 11-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Povy > Dreaminaccord

your arse is feelin it now!

Sent from my iPhone using

2006 LX i4 Graphite Pearl 84k. RIP 11/23/13
2000 silverstone S2K 149k (bone stock) ;)
2005 satin v6 ex-l coupe 58k
Lots of mods.
Mod master

Romans 1:16 Maranatha!
post #15 of 16 Old 11-27-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by povy View Post
LOL out of all people sodaks THE SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND :P
And now I can't find squat for spacers for the price I found them before.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.