2004 Honda Accord V6 EX or 2004 Nissan Maxima SE? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 08-19-2006, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

2004 Honda Accord V6 EX or 2004 Nissan Maxima SE?

Which would you prefer? I actually bought the Honda but I want to see how this car stacks up against the same year Maxima.

3° Master Mason, PHA F&AM
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 08-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Shopaholic!

Send a message via AIM to Pilot4Life
Two different classes = Not gonna comapre. Altima/Accord is Fair TL/Maxima is Fair.

Karen

2006 Accord LX V6 Sedan 3k - Mods...XM, Spoiler, EX underside trim, TL Rear Sway (17mm), Homelink, Leather Shift Knob/Steering wheel Cover - Selling?
Left 8/26/2006 becuase of one member. Goodbye DA!
post #3 of 18 Old 08-19-2006, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Only reason I am comparing is because used, they both cost the same at about $20k - $22k with about 20k -30k miles on it. But with the Accord, you would get the fully loaded for that price vs. the maxima you would get cloth upholstrey. The SE maxima has everything that the fully loaded EX V6 would have minus the navigation (a fully loaded SE maxima would have navi). So basically the only difference between the two cars would be the leather and heated seats.

So which would you prefer under the circumstances?

post #4 of 18 Old 08-19-2006, 06:57 PM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
actually, is not just the equipment here. the maxima is bigger than the accord. the max, i believe, is right underneath full-size sedan size, whereas the accord is a midsize car.

someone pls correct me if i'm wrong......

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 20xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)
post #5 of 18 Old 08-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Lost in my mind

been discussed before, try searching... Not this precise topic but there is a thread on this forum comparing Maxima and Accord

Accord-less
post #6 of 18 Old 08-20-2006, 07:12 AM
39.1 going on 40mpg!

It's comparing two different vehicle classes. The Accord is a regular mid-sized sedan that can be loaded with a bunch of luxury features and the Maxima is a near-luxury maxi-mid-sized sedan that can be loaded up like a luxury vehicle. They aim for two different target groups so you can't really compare. It's like comparing a fully-loaded Accord with a base TL... After a few years, the used-prices are going to be similar, but you still won't shop either car against each other.
post #7 of 18 Old 08-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Shopaholic!

Send a message via AIM to Pilot4Life
Apparently he went with the Accord...

I read it in another thread. To the OP...

If you really don't like the Accord (Which is the vibe that came off in another Maxima/Accord thread), why didn't you just look at other cars with your wife so you two could find one to agree on? I'd never buy a car that I felt; "I think the 2004 Accord's exterior styling is very boring and suits senior citizens very well." Even if it was for your wife, I mean won't you drive it at some point? I guess its in stone now though because you bought it, but hopefully you'll grow to like it. A spoiler, front lip, fogs, and a sun roof visor really change the look. Go look in our gallery, lots of beautiful Accords in there!

"You don't get as excited when driving the Accord as you would get when driving the Maxima."

I haven't driven the new Maxima, but I know that becuase they're at the same price used right now, in 4 years the Accord will likely be 3-5k higher in price to the Maxima. Which means when your wife wants another car, the Accord will be much easier to get out of.

Karen

2006 Accord LX V6 Sedan 3k - Mods...XM, Spoiler, EX underside trim, TL Rear Sway (17mm), Homelink, Leather Shift Knob/Steering wheel Cover - Selling?
Left 8/26/2006 becuase of one member. Goodbye DA!
post #8 of 18 Old 08-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Out of Control

The poster said in the original post that he already bought the Honda...

The Accord will not be 3-5K more than the Maxima in a few years. I looked at purchasing both before I found the Honda and they are around the same price, maybe 1K more for the Honda at most.

They are both great cars and I think the Accord's styling tends to be on the boring side in general. Suits me just fine, call me a senior citizen if you'd like...styling isn't a big thing for me unless you're talking an Aztek level of design. I would have bought either car in a snap...almost bought a 95 Max but missed it by 3 hours
post #9 of 18 Old 08-20-2006, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot4Life
Apparently he went with the Accord...

I read it in another thread. To the OP...

If you really don't like the Accord (Which is the vibe that came off in another Maxima/Accord thread), why didn't you just look at other cars with your wife so you two could find one to agree on? I'd never buy a car that I felt; "I think the 2004 Accord's exterior styling is very boring and suits senior citizens very well." Even if it was for your wife, I mean won't you drive it at some point? I guess its in stone now though because you bought it, but hopefully you'll grow to like it. A spoiler, front lip, fogs, and a sun roof visor really change the look. Go look in our gallery, lots of beautiful Accords in there!

"You don't get as excited when driving the Accord as you would get when driving the Maxima."

I haven't driven the new Maxima, but I know that becuase they're at the same price used right now, in 4 years the Accord will likely be 3-5k higher in price to the Maxima. Which means when your wife wants another car, the Accord will be much easier to get out of.

Karen
Well, the reason why I went with the car she wanted was because as a gift to her for having our second child (a girl!), I let her do teh picking. We both liked the Accord and Maxima (the Camry was just too plain for both our taste) but I like the Maxima much better. She liked the Accord so I couldn't renig on my gift to her so I bought the Accord.

It is growing on me slowly but surely (I bought some tire cleaner and am looking to buy some Zaino!), I mean, it does drive like a dream, I guess I didn't like it as fast as I would the Maxi.

post #10 of 18 Old 08-21-2006, 08:04 AM
39.1 going on 40mpg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD650
It is growing on me slowly but surely (I bought some tire cleaner and am looking to buy some Zaino!), I mean, it does drive like a dream, I guess I didn't like it as fast as I would the Maxi.
Herein lies the difference between these two cars... The Accord is an "acquired taste". It's styling and engineering will grow on your whereas the Max is the other way around. It will wow you with exterior styling and specs, but you will lose interest in it as you get better aquainted with it. It's a proven fact, however unscientific it may be.
post #11 of 18 Old 08-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Rule Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to stevencrosbie
Keep this in mind. In the last 6 years, Nissan has really changed the looks of the Maxima. So much, that you cannot see any resemblence at all. At least with Honda, their changes are more subtle. At least you can tell its a Honda even if the 6th and 7th gens models are completely different.

I think I read you bought the Honda. Good on you. At least you won't have a car that will look old and outdated in 2 years.

I still think the 6th gens are great looking cars.
post #12 of 18 Old 08-21-2006, 10:02 PM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
the 4th gens have aged wonderfully as well..... you still see a ton of them on the road.....

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 20xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)
post #13 of 18 Old 08-22-2006, 08:16 AM
39.1 going on 40mpg!

Speaking of 4th gens, I'm thinking of inheriting my cousin's '93 10th anniversary edition Accord for a second car.. The engine has 140k+ miles and tranny probably never seen fresh fluid, but both still seem good. I won't mind working on the car to get it up to date and running if I can get 50k or more out of it.
post #14 of 18 Old 08-22-2006, 12:13 PM

The latest Maxima look like a big Saturn Ion. I've driven the 06 Maxima SE in auto and its a very nice engine/tranny. There is not much to improve on in the powertrain dept.

06 EX-L 6 speed V6 sedan, 101K Traded in

2011 Mazda3s Hatchback automatic
post #15 of 18 Old 08-22-2006, 12:35 PM
6th Gear

the 4th gens have aged wonderfully as well>>>

Still one of my favorite generations Local dealership has a 1993 Honda Accord SE w/ 53,000 original miles in showroom condition. Of course, they want far too much money for it ($6500) but I'd love to bring it home! I offered them $5k for it, but they weren't interested.

1990 Honda Accord LX coupe
130,XXX miles

1989 Honda Accord LX sedan
186,XXX miles

1998 Lexus GS400
170,XXX miles

1992 Cadillac Allante
70,XXX miles

2013 Kia Optima LX
8,xxx miles
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.