NGK Spark Plug Wires? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-06-2012, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

NGK Spark Plug Wires?

I plan on changing my spark plug wires on my '07 accord (87k miles) next week and I plan on changing the spark plug wires as well.

I'm having issues finding the right NGK spark plug wires.

There aren't any "made" for the 2007.

Should I just use the HE73?

Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-06-2012, 07:44 PM
3rd Gear

Honda recommends 105k for sparkplug change. I don't think you have sparkplug wires.

post #3 of 7 Old 07-06-2012, 07:49 PM

Spark plug wires have been gone since year 2001 for V6 Honda Accords. The coil packs are directly on top of the spark plug boot. The only thing you need to replace is the spark plugs. They aren't due until 100k miles.

post #4 of 7 Old 07-06-2012, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Oh, ok.

I wanted to change the spark plugs a bit early because I feel like the car is having a harder time starting than it did a few years ago.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-06-2012, 11:48 PM
3rd Gear

Have your battery checked, it might be going bad. Clean the throttle body. Buy quailty gas. Are you using the right sparkplugs for your engine. I prefer the NGK's.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-07-2012, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Battery was replaced 10 months ago. Cleaned the throttle body earlier last week using 3M fuel cleaner kit. I use quality gas, and I still have stock plugs in there from factory.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-07-2012, 12:21 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rd View Post
Spark plug wires have been gone since year 2001 for V6 Honda Accords. The coil packs are directly on top of the spark plug boot. The only thing you need to replace is the spark plugs. They aren't due until 100k miles.
This. But 90k is close enough, change em.

2003 Accord V6 EX Sedan (Redondo Red Pearl)
Magna-Flow CBE
K&N 69 Typhoon CAI
TL-S Front & Rear Sway Bars
Moog Front & Rear Sway Bar End Links
Moog Inner & Outter Tie Rods
DC Sports Upper Front Strut Bar
EBC Ultimax Slotted Rotors w/ Green Stuff Pads
35% Tint All Around + 50% Windshield
8000k HID Lows
Weather-Tech Side Window Deflectors
Custom iPod Hookup
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.