Turn signal indicators not lighting up - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-05-2012, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Exclamation Turn signal indicators not lighting up

Hey there guys, I seem to be having a problem with my turn signals...

The other day my right one went out, the light in the dash stopped working totally, while the left one remained working. I checked the outside to see if they were working, and not either one was working, giving me suspicion that something is wrong. After about a week and a half of me putting off fixing it, my left one went out too!

Now I have neither turn signal working. I have checked every fuse (I didnt know which one was for the blinkers) and they are all working... Im not sure what to do..

My sister rear ended someone about 5 months ago, but I figure this is a different problem altogether. I talked to the guys at auto zone and they told me I need to get a new blinker control module ($60) and that should fix it, although I dont want to buy that to have it not fix anytihng...

Has anyone had similar problems or know how to fix this? I checked the forums and couldnt really find anything on this issue.. Please help me, as I am making a 12 hour trip in a week and need my blinkers hah

EDIT: Oh yes, and its a 2007 Accord LX 4dr 4cylinder... Under 70,000 miles

Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-07-2012, 08:28 AM
5th Gear

replace the blinker module if it doesn't fix it return it. Did you check your bulbs as well? Find the fuse for the blinkers. Pull the fuse and replace it I have had fuses blow that would trip with my tester but couldn't pass electricity through them very strange I know but it happened.

post #3 of 7 Old 06-07-2012, 08:49 AM
VTAKKKK

Send a message via AIM to CYANiDE
I literally just went through this yesterday.

Hopefully this works for you:

2006 Accord EX i4 Sedan - 5AT - Graphite Pearl - [89,0xx miles]
FF Type II Coilovers || Skunk2 Front Camber Arms || Ingalls Rear Camber Kit || Acura TL-S 27mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars || K&N SRI

post #4 of 7 Old 06-07-2012, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Im gonna head to the dealership right now and get a relay... I checked underneath the steering column and peeked in my fuse box and couldnt find the relay location... I looked online and it said I would have to take off the trim underneath the column.. I tried looking up a bit and to the side and I think I saw where it might be.. DO you guys know exactly where it would be on my car, or have any diagrams/instructions for removing the trim in an orderly manner haha
post #5 of 7 Old 06-07-2012, 02:32 PM
VTAKKKK

Send a message via AIM to CYANiDE
Yea, I couldn't find it according to the article. I used the shop manual for the location. Here's the picture:

It is easy to spot top-right above the fuse box door. It is hard to get to without removing the plastic under the dash but it is doable. That's how I did it.

2006 Accord EX i4 Sedan - 5AT - Graphite Pearl - [89,0xx miles]
FF Type II Coilovers || Skunk2 Front Camber Arms || Ingalls Rear Camber Kit || Acura TL-S 27mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars || K&N SRI
post #6 of 7 Old 06-07-2012, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Good news!! I got it fixed! I looked at the diagram and easily found it without taking anything off... I quickly realized that I had to disassemble some stuff to reach it though ha..

I took off the trim around the fuse box, tried that for a while, ended up taking off the surrounding trim and the black plastic under the dash hiding all the wiring and it was easily accessible.. the two clamps that keep it in place on either side are a pain to work with though.. Its near impossible to get both hands up in there to un-clamp them

I ended up getting some adjustable pliers and was able to work it out eventually.. replaced with the new one and they are working like a charm!

auto zone - $60
Dealership - $25.75

easy to fix guys... even with no car experience.. such as myself.. I was able to change it out in about 15 minutes..

Thanks for all your help guys!
post #7 of 7 Old 07-06-2014, 01:53 PM
You're easy money.

What if I replaced the flasher and the turn signal stalk and they still don't work?

'04 Eternal Blue Pearl K24 sedan
White Led Interior/Trunk/License plate/reverse lights/turn signals
OEM Spoiler
K&N Typhoon SRI intake 60-1209ts with AEM dry filter
V6 Battery upgrade
TSX intake manifold swap (Favorite mod so far!)
Intake resonator removed
Strut bar installed
Rear Acura TL base sway bar
Lowered on Tein SS coilovers (finally!)
Hella horn upgrade
35% tint all around
Aftermarket TSX header installed

Advertisement

Tags
blinkers, problem, support

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.