Throttle Position Sensor 2007 accord - Drive Accord Honda Forums |
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 04-05-2012, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Throttle Position Sensor 2007 accord

Hey guys, just went to the dealer because I had a check engine light on.

They diagnosed it as the Throttle position sensor and quoted me $433 for the repair

I wanted some advice on where to obtain this part and how hard is this for me to install myself?

Thanks in advanced!

I have a 2007 honda accord 4cyl SE sedan. ~134k miles on it.

post #2 of 9 Old 04-05-2012, 08:19 PM
6th Gear

The cost is high because the throttle position sensor isn't a separate item. They have to replace the entire throttle body to replace the sensor.

2006 Accord Coupe silver V6 6-speed
2003 Accord Coupe silver V6 auto
post #3 of 9 Old 04-05-2012, 08:33 PM

What he said above.

You can try giving it a cleaning to remove the built up carbon and see if that helps. I attached the pages from the shop manual. Hope you can read it.
Attached Images

2007 EX-L 4DR

post #4 of 9 Old 04-07-2012, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Yeah, I've removed the carbon build up several times but the problem keeps coming back. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet on this one this time =(
post #5 of 9 Old 04-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Out of Control

but a use TB on ebay. its like 50 bucks.

Peace Out SuckA!!!!
post #6 of 9 Old 04-07-2012, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Yeah, unfortunately, I don't know enough about the parts to see which is a right fit or not. I'll spare the hundred or two and go with the stealer this time =/ They'll warranty the work, so I guess its ok. Plan on keeping her till she dies.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-07-2012, 11:20 PM
2006 I4 MT

A new TB only cost $100 new.

I always order new bolts in case I round the heads or strip them. Cheap insurance

2006 Accord LX Coupe I4 MT
post #8 of 9 Old 04-08-2012, 06:41 PM
4th Gear

Not sure if a reflash is necessary after changing the throttle body and tps
post #9 of 9 Old 06-23-2012, 09:00 PM
1st Gear

It may be too late for the OP, but it is, in fact possible to replace the TPS. They are available on eBay for $20-$30. The TPS is attached to the throttle body with two threaded studs, which are essentially headless screws. To remove them, cut slots in the ends of the screws with a Dremel or a hacksaw blade so you can use a flat bladed screwdriver to unscrew them. Buy a couple of 5mm Allen head bolts, 16 mm long, and a couple of lock washers and flat washers to attach the new TPS. Before installing the new TPS, run the engine until it is at normal operating temp. Install the new TPS, but leave the bolts loose enough that the TPS can be turned. Plug in the electrical connector, then back-probe the middle wire on the connector with a paper clip or similar. Attach the red lead from a multimeter to the paper lip with an alligator clip. Ground the black multimeter lead to the battery ground. Set the multimeter to the 20v range and turn it on. Turn the ignition key to ACC, then read the voltage on the multimeter. Rotate the TPS until the voltage reads 0.5v, then tighten down the bolts. Turn the ignition key all the way off, put away your tools, go for a test drive, then crack a beer and enjoy the fact that you've just saved yourself from needlessly giving $400 to the stealership

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.