Transmission Malfunction - Reverse gear not workin - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 01-18-2012, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Send a message via Yahoo to richmon74
Transmission Malfunction - Reverse gear not workin

My transmission is malfunctioning. When I push the gear lever to "R' nothing happens. The car does not move. But on any other forward gear it moves but all the gear indicators light up.
A scanner result shows:
P0718 - Input/Turbine Speed Sensor A ckt intermittent.
P0705 - Trans Range Sensor ckt Malfunction (PRNDL Input)

Where do I go from here?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-18-2012, 01:32 PM
07 Coupe EX 2.4L AT

the 718 is a sensor on the transmission that measures rpm for shift firmness i believe. It is on tailshaft. I have seen a few go bad on Acuras for whatever reason.

705 is the switch that tells the trans what gear to shift to. they can be adjusted IIRC.

post #3 of 13 Old 01-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Out of Gear

sounds like electronic problems instead of mechanical. thank your lucky stars! i don't know if they still do, but i bought a lock up solenoid from hondapartscheap.com last week. all the tranny parts were on sale. worth checking out.

post #4 of 13 Old 01-19-2012, 05:24 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmon74 View Post
My transmission is malfunctioning. When I push the gear lever to "R' nothing happens. The car does not move. But on any other forward gear it moves but all the gear indicators light up.
A scanner result shows:
P0718 - Input/Turbine Speed Sensor A ckt intermittent.
P0705 - Trans Range Sensor ckt Malfunction (PRNDL Input)

Where do I go from here?
Wow, after reading the past few posts, you should be really lucky!
Usually when all the gear indicators light up, or they blink, thats the end of the transmissions life...
I have heard of this prob on acuras as well...Sounds like a pretty easy fix compared to what it could have been...

Former:
1984 Olds Cutlass(1st car)
1991 Taurus wagon (LOL)
1995 Mitsu eclipse- GSX
2002 Honda Civic(RIP AUTO-TRANS)
2008 Honda Accord LX (Traded-Oil burner)

Current:
2007 Honda Accord EX-L(His)
2016 Honda Accord EX-L(Hers)
post #5 of 13 Old 01-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Jimmy Rustler

I'm very curious, you seem to be having lots of electronic/sensor failures (been looking at your posts).

So this has me wondering, where did your Accord come from? I know you are in Africa, but where was it built? Reason I ask is because there are sleazy folks who ship totaled/rebuilt/flood cars overseas from the States.

2017 Sport SE 6MT in San Marino Red
2012 Pilot EX-L w/ NAV (family truckster)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 13 Old 01-19-2012, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by golftango View Post
I'm very curious, you seem to be having lots of electronic/sensor failures (been looking at your posts).

So this has me wondering, where did your Accord come from? I know you are in Africa, but where was it built? Reason I ask is because there are sleazy folks who ship totaled/rebuilt/flood cars overseas from the States.
Yea, you are right. My car was used in US. It was actually bought it after an accident. More so I drive the car through very unpleasant terrains - through deep/muddy waters, bad roads etc. So I'm not surprise at the faults. This particular case I was on a very rough road and the car was shaking and in the process I don't know how it happened but my Trans oil inlet cover was open without my knowledge. I drove it like that for about 18 miles before I started noticing gear malfunctioning. when I pull over I did not even notice any ATF on the deep stick but I had no other option than to still drive the car another 20 miles like that to the nearest city so I expected something to go wrong.

I what I want to know is what gotten bad and how to fix it. I have no other option than to fix it at any cost.

post #7 of 13 Old 01-19-2012, 09:44 AM
ATR
4th Gear

Yikes, you're going to need to get a replacement automatic transmission from the sounds of things. There's a few places in japan that will likely ship a well maintained one to you.

06 Accord EX-L I4 manual trans.
post #8 of 13 Old 01-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Yea, you are right. My car was used in US. It was actually bought it after an accident.
Put your VIN here and check:

2017 Sport SE 6MT in San Marino Red
2012 Pilot EX-L w/ NAV (family truckster)

post #9 of 13 Old 01-19-2012, 01:36 PM
07 Coupe EX 2.4L AT

Water plays hell on sensors and electrical connections. i normally used dielectric grease on all the connections on the trail rigs I work on just as insurance that it will keep water out inside the electrical tape. It washes off after a few trips through the mud but it might be worth looking into
post #10 of 13 Old 01-21-2012, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Hey all. I got this fixed. It was easy electrical fault. Some cables were short circuiting.

post #11 of 13 Old 01-11-2014, 11:47 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Hey all. I got this fixed. It was easy electrical fault. Some cables were short circuiting.
I think I have the same problem what did you get to fix it?
post #12 of 13 Old 01-12-2014, 09:47 AM
6th Gear

Wow, consider yourself lucky if you drove the car with no ATF showing on the stick for 40 miles and nothing happened.

Carlos
Honda Civic 2009 EX Sedan - Royal Blue Pearl -
Honda Accord 2003 EX Sedan - Taffeta White - Sold 12/15/14
post #13 of 13 Old 01-12-2014, 10:42 AM
5th Gear

i know this doesnt help.. but from the sound of it.. you dont need a honda accord. you need like a chevy tracker or a jeep.. more ground clearance and suspension built for what you are doing. either way, i hope you get things resolved without needing a new transmission..
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.