engine mount replacement? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-21-2011, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

engine mount replacement?

Hi,

I went to dealer today, they did free inspection on my 04 accord v6, which I just bought and has 120K mile. After that they told me the RF(rear and front?) motor mount need to be replaced. It costs $400 to do that. But I didn't feel anything wrong with engine. It's very smooth when accelerates. There is a little vibration when idle and at low speed.

Is it a serious problem from you guys' experience? I haven't heard of it before, so I don't know what to do. Can I leave it there and wait? Will it cause serious problem? Thanks!

Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-21-2011, 09:52 PM
5th Gear

leave it alone
dont change unless it is leaking oil from the mounts

post #3 of 8 Old 07-21-2011, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattmann View Post
leave it alone
dont change unless it is leaking oil from the mounts
What oil would leak from there? Engine oil?

post #4 of 8 Old 07-22-2011, 07:32 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by astr627 View Post
What oil would leak from there? Engine oil?
Of cause not.
To almost totally eliminate engine vibration in the passenger area, the Accord Sedan V6 has an electronically controlled liquid-filled front engine mount and conventional liquid-filled engine mounts (standard liquid front mount on other versions of the Accord Sedan). A computer-controlled electric current in the liquid changes its viscosity, allowing the mount to dampen the engine completely at all RPMs.

Honda Accord hybrid '07
without NAVI Silver 198k miles - sold
Honda Accord Touring '13 MSM
post #5 of 8 Old 07-22-2011, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drozzin View Post
Of cause not.
To almost totally eliminate engine vibration in the passenger area, the Accord Sedan V6 has an electronically controlled liquid-filled front engine mount and conventional liquid-filled engine mounts (standard liquid front mount on other versions of the Accord Sedan). A computer-controlled electric current in the liquid changes its viscosity, allowing the mount to dampen the engine completely at all RPMs.
Sounds fantastic. I will keep an eye on the mount. Once it leaks or vibrates badly I will replace it. Thank you very much
post #6 of 8 Old 07-22-2011, 08:34 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Hi,

I went to dealer today, they did free inspection on my 04 accord v6 ... they told me the ... motor mount need to be replaced. It costs $400
Sounds about right. Free inspection = we better find something we can make a profit on.

2006 Accord SE Sedan - I4 - 5MT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-22-2011, 08:43 AM

I remember when I went in for the "free" dealer inspection. This was on the 99 Accord with around 60k on it. I kept up with all the maintenance. They said the rear main seal was leaking and it would cost $700. For this repair the trans has to removed from the engine. Talked to the service mgr at another dealer who quoted $500. Talked to Honda corp who said they would cover 50%. So it ran $250.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-22-2011, 02:06 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Sounds fantastic. I will keep an eye on the mount. Once it leaks or vibrates badly I will replace it. Thank you very much
It is not fantastic. But I think this electronically control engine mounts are only for VCM equipped engines. For the rest it is just conventional liquid-filled engine mounts.

Honda Accord hybrid '07
without NAVI Silver 198k miles - sold
Honda Accord Touring '13 MSM
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.