How to install a prostart remote starter on 2005 accord - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-25-2011, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

How to install a prostart remote starter on 2005 accord

I didn't know this is so complicated, I just went to Canadian tire and bought a prostart remote starter and went to ask my friend to help, he is a mechanic, but he is not familar with this I think...

Now if the key is in, the remote starter will work, but it won't start without the key in place.

there is an option on the remote starter saying it will send a disarm pulse before start up, will this disarm pulse disable the key secure function?

Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Not a n00b!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjytea View Post
I didn't know this is so complicated, I just went to Canadian tire and bought a prostart remote starter and went to ask my friend to help, he is a mechanic, but he is not familar with this I think...

Now if the key is in, the remote starter will work, but it won't start without the key in place.

there is an option on the remote starter saying it will send a disarm pulse before start up, will this disarm pulse disable the key secure function?
Dude,

You need a lot more than the prostart. you need a honday bypass module and if you have factory security, then you need to go into the driver's door to bypass that too. I can set you up with the bypass module (i buy them wholesale - this is not me selling something for you mods!!) and I can offer you advice on installing the unit.

PM me if you need more info.

R.

05 Accord EXV6 - leather, OEM fogs, TSX Retrofit Projectors, Chrome Exhaust Tips, Mud Guards, HFP Lip Spoiler, 20% Tint all around, HFP Suspension, Autostart Two Way Remote starter, 16" Kumho I'zen Winters, 17" Acura TL wheels with NEXEN 3000 summers
post #3 of 5 Old 04-25-2011, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

but I am in calgary.....

I don't have alarm system

post #4 of 5 Old 04-25-2011, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpor View Post
Dude,

You need a lot more than the prostart. you need a honday bypass module and if you have factory security, then you need to go into the driver's door to bypass that too. I can set you up with the bypass module (i buy them wholesale - this is not me selling something for you mods!!) and I can offer you advice on installing the unit.

PM me if you need more info.

R.
Thanks!
post #5 of 5 Old 04-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Not a n00b!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjytea View Post
Thanks!
Pm'd you with the correct part needed from Xpresskit.

05 Accord EXV6 - leather, OEM fogs, TSX Retrofit Projectors, Chrome Exhaust Tips, Mud Guards, HFP Lip Spoiler, 20% Tint all around, HFP Suspension, Autostart Two Way Remote starter, 16" Kumho I'zen Winters, 17" Acura TL wheels with NEXEN 3000 summers
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.