Did Michelin discontinue the Pilot HX MXM4 in our size? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 04-12-2011, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Did Michelin discontinue the Pilot HX MXM4 in our size?

I looked at tirerack and they have every size except our OEM 215/50/17 size for these tires... Discounttiredirect doesn't list them for our car either.

2006 Accord EXL-V6 Auto 4dr (CM6)
+ Desert Mist
+ MODS: HFP suspension with Ingalls rear camber kit, Morimoto Mini H1 retrofit, Nokya Hyper Yellow drl/highs, 17mm TL rear sway bar, JBL GTO 6x9's and tweeters, splash guards, WeatherTech DigitalFit floorliners (front) and Honda all-weather floormats (rear), trunk tray, hood bra.... More to come
= Sexy
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-12-2011, 09:41 PM
1st Gear

You might have to go to a tire dealership and have them special ordered. But im pretty sure they are not discontinued. Usually when they discontinue a specific tire they stop making every size. But i just put some on today at work, so just ask around at tire shops around your area.

post #3 of 14 Old 04-12-2011, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

thanks

+ Desert Mist
+ MODS: HFP suspension with Ingalls rear camber kit, Morimoto Mini H1 retrofit, Nokya Hyper Yellow drl/highs, 17mm TL rear sway bar, JBL GTO 6x9's and tweeters, splash guards, WeatherTech DigitalFit floorliners (front) and Honda all-weather floormats (rear), trunk tray, hood bra.... More to come
= Sexy

post #4 of 14 Old 04-12-2011, 10:17 PM
4th Gear

Not to be rude or anything, but why would you want them? They really are overpriced. And there are much better tires out there...

Her name is Nikki and she runs like a banshee: 07 4dr Ex-L V6 6mt - Bronze

Gm Syncromesh Fm, TL-S sway bars, Ingalls torque damper, Stage 1 exhaust mod, Intake resonator delete, short shifter, RV-6 V3 j-pipe, RV-6 V3 PCD's, P&P intake runners, semi-ported/polished intake plenum with custom throttle body spacer, TL-S trans mount, 06 TL 5 spoke rims
post #5 of 14 Old 04-12-2011, 10:21 PM
1st Gear

I took those things off my car at 400 miles.
post #6 of 14 Old 04-13-2011, 03:57 AM
4th Gear

I have the contis DWS. Once the slight pull to the right disappeared, they transformed the car. Much more quiet and supple. They cost about 75 less per tire. But i've replaced the Michs on my coupe and a 2001 Acura Cl and all three sets were much better for hundreds less.

2013 EX-l sedan
Hematite metallic
Jonesboro, Arkansas
post #7 of 14 Old 04-13-2011, 05:46 AM
Yal
07 Sdn

The Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 are almost exclusively OEM tires (in those popular sizes 205, 215, 225) for a few manufacturers, so those tires are hoarded by the dealerships. You may have to special order it or go to the dealer. Or just keep calling tire shops until you get a hit.

I'm with everyone else, just change them, you'll be a lot happier. Get a different Michelin if you like Michelins.
post #8 of 14 Old 04-13-2011, 06:05 AM
4th Gear

Those OEM Michelin tires are just about the worst tires I have ever had on any of my cars. The only other tires that maybe were as bad if not worse was the Falken Ziex 512. They were ok in the dry but absolutely horrible in the wet and don't even think of using them in any kind of snow. Just read the Tirerack reviews of that tire. Overpriced pieces of rubber. You might want to check out the Michelin Primacy MXV4. I have them and they have been very good in rain and have done quite well in the snow. Also, deliver a somewhat smoother ride and are quiet to boot. They are pricey but its a night and day difference between them and the OEM tires. Read the reviews on the Tirerack as most people are happy with them. Hope this helps.

06 Accord coupe EX V6 AT (cool blue metallic)
post #9 of 14 Old 04-13-2011, 06:24 AM

I think the best all season tire Michelin has is the Pilot Exalto A/S. Better than the harsh riding Pilot Sport A/S Plus and almost as smooth, quiet as my current Primacy MXV4.

06 EX-L 6 speed V6 sedan, 101K Traded in

2011 Mazda3s Hatchback automatic
post #10 of 14 Old 04-13-2011, 09:30 AM
06 6MT Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowingNFront View Post
I looked at tirerack and they have every size except our OEM 215/50/17 size for these tires... Discounttiredirect doesn't list them for our car either.
In every instance I have had the misfortune of driving on Michelin tires I have changed them as soon as possible. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

2006 Accord Sedan 6MT Navi
Audio Control LC6I / Rockford Fosgate R600X5 / Infinity Reference 9633cf / Infinity Reference 6030cs / Rockford Fosgate Punch P1-2X10 / Parrot MK6000 / Diode Dynamics 6000K HID Low Beams / DDM 3000K HID Factory Fogs / Diode Dynamcs Stage II LED Conversion / Backup Camera / Mid Muffler Delete / Dynomax Exhaust Resonator / Fujita CAI / 17mm TL Rear Sway Bar / Tein S Tech Springs / Tokico Blues / Ingalls Camber Kit / Ingalls Stiffy
post #11 of 14 Old 04-14-2011, 12:06 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansi View Post
Those OEM Michelin tires are just about the worst tires I have ever had on any of my cars. The only other tires that maybe were as bad if not worse was the Falken Ziex 512. They were ok in the dry but absolutely horrible in the wet and don't even think of using them in any kind of snow. Just read the Tirerack reviews of that tire. Overpriced pieces of rubber. You might want to check out the Michelin Primacy MXV4. I have them and they have been very good in rain and have done quite well in the snow. Also, deliver a somewhat smoother ride and are quiet to boot. They are pricey but its a night and day difference between them and the OEM tires. Read the reviews on the Tirerack as most people are happy with them. Hope this helps.
+1 .............. Terrible in rain. Terrible in snow. Mine were shot at 21,000 miles. I called Michelin and discussed replacements. They said they do not have a warranty since they are considered performance tires, but they would offer me a "goodwill" gesture. Their goodwill gesture was to offer me the same crappy tires with a 20% discount. Gee, thanks but no thanks...

2006 Accord EX-L Sedan V6MT : Mud guards, 20mm TL rear sway bar, trunk tray, Akebono pads + Brembo rotors
2006 Pilot EX-L : Roof rack, hitch, side steps, bug deflector, mud guards, fender flare kit, bull bar, driving lights, cargo tray, Akebono pads + Brembo rotors, transmission cooler
2006 CRF250R
1985 TRX125
1987 Mustang GT
post #12 of 14 Old 04-14-2011, 12:42 PM
No longer active

General Altimax HP's have made me a very happy dude.
Great in wet/snow, great in dry weather, quieter, smoother ride, no squealing (took an off ramp at 45 yesterday with only a slight scrubbing noise).
Michelin made me hate Michelin's and I took off my OEM's after just under 40k miles (as soon as I could afford it) even though the tires had at least another 10k on them.
Plus, the General's are way cheaper. Better in every way.

Since I can't figure out how to cancel my account, this serves as notice that the above user is no longer an active member of this community.

No messages will be checked. No responses will be given.

Frankly, even though this forum has a lot of very nice people, the few bad apples around here have gotten on my nerves. I simply don't care enough to log on and try and help others when all too frequently, I get mocked or made fun of.
post #13 of 14 Old 04-14-2011, 03:43 PM
4th Gear

^Squealing just means they are working...

Her name is Nikki and she runs like a banshee: 07 4dr Ex-L V6 6mt - Bronze

Gm Syncromesh Fm, TL-S sway bars, Ingalls torque damper, Stage 1 exhaust mod, Intake resonator delete, short shifter, RV-6 V3 j-pipe, RV-6 V3 PCD's, P&P intake runners, semi-ported/polished intake plenum with custom throttle body spacer, TL-S trans mount, 06 TL 5 spoke rims
post #14 of 14 Old 04-14-2011, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemyvtx View Post
Not to be rude or anything, but why would you want them? They really are overpriced. And there are much better tires out there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnisenbaum View Post
I have the contis DWS. Once the slight pull to the right disappeared, they transformed the car. Much more quiet and supple. They cost about 75 less per tire. But i've replaced the Michs on my coupe and a 2001 Acura Cl and all three sets were much better for hundreds less.
Let me give everybody in this thread some background. Bought the car at 20k miles and it had the Pilot HX MXM4s. The ride was pretty stiff, kinda harsh at times, the rain performance wasn't that great, and the snow was crappy.

So once they were going (about 44k miles), I switched to DWS. WORST tires ever for steering response. I was all over the lane and lost the precise steering feel and instead found a rubberbandy feel. Took them back.

I now have Yokohama Avid ENVigors and I've had them for the past 12-14k miles... They have been OK tires, but they have a really soft sidewall and the precision STILL doesn't match the OEM Michelins. Although these Yokos are better in the rain (snow is similar), and they corner better.

I miss the "Point and shoot" steering that the OEM Michelin Pilots provided, and I haven't found them in either of the other two tires I've tried. That right there, is just about enough to get me back to those Pilots..........

BUTTTTT, I found out through a member on V6P that the Michelin Primacy MXM4 (NOT MXV4.... The MXV4 are said to be more soft than the M4's... Don't want them to be too soft) are supposed to be a replacement to the Pilot MXM4, and they are supposed to be a bit smoother and quieter, but still have GREAT steering response.

I think I'm going with those next

+ Desert Mist
= Sexy
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.