Adding heated seats to EX Cloth Seats - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-08-2011, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Adding heated seats to EX Cloth Seats

I was thinking about adding heated seats to my accord. Is the installation difficult, can you even add heated seats to a cloth interior, & what are some website to buy OEM heated seats.

Thanks

Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Your laughter weeps.

any seat can be heated, the 2010 subaru comes with heated cloth

I don't know of any aftermarket application, but they must exist

2009 Sedan EX I-4 Auto
Alabaster Silver Metallic/Black interior

Stock 17" Rims with Winterforce by Firestone(snow)
click here to see----->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Window tint F/35 R/15
Kicker ZR-120, Single Alpine 12" E Series
iPod hook-up
Disabled DRL's

(Looking for some wheels next)
post #3 of 11 Old 01-08-2011, 10:01 PM
6th Gear

I doubt it. The heating assembly isn't some sort of plug n play thing, it's probably deep in the bowels of the seat. You'd probably have to get heated leather seats, then swap out the leather for cloth, which seems kind of redundant, no?

IMO you'd really be better off selling your car and buying one with heated leather seats, the price difference is almost nothing by now, and you get leather as well.

Or you could just swap in leather seats, but then if you want everything to look in place you'd have to get all the other leather parts as well. It's been done before and is definetely possible.

Current:
2003 Honda Accord EXL: 2008-

Growing up:
1992 Chevrolet Cavalier: 2000-2008
1986 Pontiac 6000 LE: 1995-2000
1982 Honda Accord: 1993-1995
1979 Honda Civic: 1991-1993

post #4 of 11 Old 01-09-2011, 04:11 PM
5th Gear

Check out ebay or google " heated seat kits". They do have aftermarket kits with all the electric parts you'd need, like wiring & on/off switches, etc. I had heated seats added in when I had my leather conversion done a few years back.

2007 EX-L
2016 Tundra SR5 DC
2017 EX-L V6
post #5 of 11 Old 01-09-2011, 04:21 PM
6th Gear

The Accords in Canada have heated cloth from what I understand. Try to find out about some seats on Ebay or CL from up there.

2006 Accord EXL-V6 Auto 4dr (CM6)
+ Desert Mist
+ MODS: HFP suspension with Ingalls rear camber kit, Morimoto Mini H1 retrofit, Nokya Hyper Yellow drl/highs, 17mm TL rear sway bar, JBL GTO 6x9's and tweeters, splash guards, WeatherTech DigitalFit floorliners (front) and Honda all-weather floormats (rear), trunk tray, hood bra.... More to come
= Sexy
post #6 of 11 Old 01-09-2011, 06:55 PM
3rd Gear

I did my driver's side and I have cloth. I got them off ebay and took me about 5 hours to do. Should have been less but I was messing around. I did a post with some pictures.

2007 I4 Sedan Graphite Pearl (aka black)
OEM Foglights
Black JDM headlights
Turn signals in the side view mirrors
Magnefilter on the tranny
Dynamat like crazy and speaker upgrades
Acura rear sway bar 17mm
Front strut bar (ebay cheapo)
Carbon fiber hood
Blue paint on the engine plastics also
Tanabe Sustec Coilovers
Wicked camberkit on the rear
DC Sports CAI
Acura Intake Manifold
Magnaflow 14832 dual muffler conversion
DC sports header
post #7 of 11 Old 01-10-2011, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by keoke526 View Post
I did my driver's side and I have cloth. I got them off ebay and took me about 5 hours to do. Should have been less but I was messing around. I did a post with some pictures.
I found your post..In your opinion do you think that it was worth it?
post #8 of 11 Old 01-25-2011, 05:12 PM
3rd Gear

I just performed an OEM swap in my 2003. Heated seats are worth it. hands down.

2003 Accord Sedan 4 Cyl.
HFP 18" Wheels|Morimoto MH1 Retro W/Blacked Housings 5000K Bulbs|Full Heated Leather Seat Swap|Tein S Tech|Tokico Blues|Megan Racing Rear Camber Kit|17mm TL RSB|Centric Drilled & Slotted Rotors & Pads|Goodridge SS Brake Lines|Acura TSX Intake Manifold|AEM Short Ram Intake|TSX header|Tanabe Touring Medalion Cat-back|Apexi Neo| PLX Wideband
post #9 of 11 Old 01-29-2015, 09:50 PM
1st Gear

Garage
Where can I find your post?
post #10 of 11 Old 01-30-2015, 01:50 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAN1 View Post
IMO you'd really be better off selling your car and buying one with heated leather seats, the price difference is almost nothing by now, and you get leather as well.

spend the time to sell as Private Party to get full resale value, then spend the time/research on finding another well-maintained Accord all for Heated Seats?

maybe if he wanted a different transmission Auto to Manual, Manual to Auto but for some heated seats seems silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by keoke526 View Post
hopefully you did it when you lived some place colder. i used to live in SoCal for a long time but having come from a place w/4 True seasons, i rarely every had to even break out a hoodie all year long in SoCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevek24 View Post
I just performed an OEM swap in my 2003. Heated seats are worth it. hands down.
couldn't agree more, one of those things you can't appreciate until you have it. my Accord was my first experience w/heated seats and i don't think i would buy another Car if they didn't have them

heat on the lower back is a good thing too

2003 Accord 4dr EX V6 Graphite Pearl aka Dark Grey
250,000+ on 2nd Transmission

Mods: Driven heavily modded vehicles. "once a modder always a modder"

*G Modifiers Crew Member #2*
post #11 of 11 Old 01-30-2015, 08:29 AM
Honda Buff

I installed / in my wife's 2006 CR-V for Christmas last year. It does take some time do it nicely, but it is fairly straight forward if you take your time and follow the instructions. I didn't like the fuse tap that came in this kit, so I bought an add a fuse kit / to get power. The wife is very happy with it, so that makes me happy. I also have OEM seat heaters in my Accord, and this Dorman kit gets a lot hotter in high than the factory seat heaters. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but now you know. The low setting is plenty warm enough for me (in Phoenix).

Joe
'06 Accord Coupe EX-L V6-6MT - Alabaster Silver Metallic (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
'14 Civic LX-CVT Sedan
'06 CR-V EX-AT - Nighthawk Black Pearl

Previous Hondas
'83 Accord Hatchback
'96 Civic Coupe EX I4-5MT - Milano Red (Love this color)
'98 Accord Sedan EX I4-5MT - Taffeta White
'01 Accord Sedan EX I4-5MT - Naples Gold Metallic

"Pro tip: If your headlights light up the seats and back of the driver's head in the car in front of you, you need to aim your headlights downward."
- enne
Advertisement

Tags
aftermarket, heated, oem, seats

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.