K&N or Fujita Cold Air Intake for an 06 I4 EX-L w/ MAF? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 12-09-2010, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Smile K&N or Fujita Cold Air Intake for an 06 I4 EX-L w/ MAF?

I've gotten mixed reviews on both, saying that one is better than the other.
The K&N is the 69 Series Typhoon kit, 69-1209TS. The Fujita is the CA-1914 kit.

I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but the Fujita tube is significantly longer than the K&N-

Fujita:

K&N:

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-09-2010, 02:35 PM
6th Gear

Someone sent me an email threatening me to sell my Fujita CAI to them for $100 for they will spend $130 on a Dragon-R intake.

Cold Air Intake is performance, it gives it a better throttle response. I've debated between the K&N and Fujita as well. I now have the Fujita CAI which in my opinion is better than a short ram.
If you live in an area with alot of rain/puddles/etc... a bypass valve on the CAI would be a good choice.

2004 Honda Accord LX-i4 Sedan
Mod list can be found here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Custom mod:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DIY - 7th Gen I4 Drive Belt Replacement

post #3 of 9 Old 12-09-2010, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

The K&N isn't a short ram. The only difference I can think of is that since the Fujita is longer and closer to the ground, it increases the risk of hydrolocking and can draw up more debris.

*edited for filtered word usage

post #4 of 9 Old 12-09-2010, 03:27 PM
3rd Gear

I took off my resonator 4 days ago. My intake air temperture was 67 when i stareted the car and 1 hour and 15 minutes later it was 73 when I parked the car. Mostly highway driving with a few street lights. So far the only difference is the sound. I honestly cannot tell if performance has changed.

2007 I4 Sedan Graphite Pearl (aka black)
OEM Foglights
Black JDM headlights
Turn signals in the side view mirrors
Magnefilter on the tranny
Dynamat like crazy and speaker upgrades
Acura rear sway bar 17mm
Front strut bar (ebay cheapo)
Carbon fiber hood
Blue paint on the engine plastics also
Tanabe Sustec Coilovers
Wicked camberkit on the rear
DC Sports CAI
Acura Intake Manifold
Magnaflow 14832 dual muffler conversion
DC sports header
post #5 of 9 Old 12-09-2010, 06:12 PM
1st Gear

wait, I'm no expert, but if you have an MAF sensor, I think Fujita is your only choice. I love my Fujita CAI. As far as it's location, it is tucked in the perfect spot behind the bumper, I'm not worried about hydrolock at all, by the time it gets that high, it's time to find another route
post #6 of 9 Old 12-09-2010, 06:57 PM
mobiless2

K&N is considered a Short Ram, Fujita is a Cold air intake.

2009 ASM EX I-4 Auto 4DR: Weapon-R I Throttle/TL FSB RSB/Morimoto H1/Fogs/K40/Viper 5704/exLED 146K

2015 HM SPORT I-4 CVT 4DR: TL RSB, exLED, OEM Tweeters-LED Mirrors-LED Tail Lights, Coutesy Lights, Ambient Light Kit, 4G TL Retrofit w/TSX-R Lens, RV6 PCD, Bridgestone Potenza S-04 36K

2016 ABP Civic EX-T CVT 4DR
exLED
post #7 of 9 Old 12-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobiless2 View Post
k&n is considered a short ram, fujita is a cold air intake.
^+1

2007 Acura TL Type-S
post #8 of 9 Old 12-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Motor City

K&N is a pretty good company, haven't heard of the other one before.

2010 Accord EX-L
post #9 of 9 Old 12-09-2010, 08:57 PM
1st Gear

What is your goal?

The K&N is a little louder if you are just looking for the sound.

I wanted to add a CAI to my car, but never found one that worked well...

Neither add a significant performance, and when I dyno'd them, they both make the a/f ratio dangerously lean, enough to where I put my stock stuff back on. I say that the Honda engineers know what they are doing.

2003 EX-L V6 - for sale
2006 Hybrid w/NAV - no mods yet
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.