finally did the mesh grillE gutter guard mod! - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 10-18-2010, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to nodrog321
finally did the mesh grillE gutter guard mod!

so i finally had the chance to do it today. took me around 1.5 hours. i didnt take off my bumper to do it but i would DEFINITELY recommend doing so (especially if you got big hands like me). the upside down clips that holds the grille in place is a bitch to get out and put back on.

upper grille is held on by the three screws that looks like tightens the chrome part of the grille on. (i have a sedan)

lower grille is held on by a couple zip ties. one at each plastic thingy.. not sure how to explain it. its like the grille inserts. goes like +++ . used black zip ties so its not as noticeable.

FYI, the gutter guard height is perfect for the bottom grille. the length i measured to around 33 + 1 inch. of course it went over the hole so i had some room to work with.
the upper grille, i just measured the length to cover one opening and cut it. then i went ahead and cut it in half again the long way so i have two. once i secured it with the three screws, i trimmed the other side and decided to put a piece of tape. (the red ones in the pic) probably wont hold long but eh why not right?

price:
gutter guard: 5.99
zip ties: 2.99
total around $10 (with tax)

thanks redrain for the tips!

2007 Honda "Nikita" Accord I-4 LX Sedan
Graphite Pearl
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Soundgate aux integration
-Diode Dynamics stage 2 kit (license plate, front door lights)
-Aftermarket Inspire Fogs with 4300k HIDs
-TL Type S rims!
-OEM Decklid Spoiler
-Nokya Hyper Yellow DRL
-JL Audio TR690 rear speakers
-Polk DB 6501 front speakers
-K&N Short Ram Intake
-Acura TL RSB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 10-18-2010, 04:58 PM
6th Gear

looks good! gotta do this asap if only i wasnt so lazy, haha.

2007 Honda Accord Sedan SE AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic

17mm TL RSB,
, 5000k 35w DDM Tuning HID kit, Nokya Hyper Yellow DRLs,

, 35% SolarGard Titanium Tint, LED Glow 7-Color kit,
, Fujita CAI,
Hybrid tail replicas, Megan Racing coilovers, Ingalls rear camber kit, Acura TL wheels w/ Conti DWS
post #3 of 25 Old 10-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Boosted Sedan

Yeah did mine 2 weeks ago, easiest mod ever, love the way the bottom looks to match the top, was gonna say you could use a silicon adhesive to make sure it stays put for the top thats what i did to make sure my custom badge hung in there lol -

2012 Midnight Black Hyundai Sonata 2.0T W/Navigation &
2011 Taffetta White Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (Wife's)

Vehicle History:
2009 Honda Accord Sedan I4 (Wife's first Honda)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
2006 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6MT W/Navigation
2000 VW GTI VR6
1994 Honda Accord Sedan I4
1989 Honda Accord Sedan I4
1988 Buick Park Ave V6 (First Car)

post #4 of 25 Old 10-18-2010, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

yea but if i ever wanted to take it off for whatever reason i have the option to

Graphite Pearl
-

-TL Type S rims!
-OEM Decklid Spoiler
-Nokya Hyper Yellow DRL
-K&N Short Ram Intake
-Acura TL RSB

post #5 of 25 Old 10-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Motor City

Very nice!
post #6 of 25 Old 10-18-2010, 07:35 PM
1st Gear

I should have done this the beginning of the summer. A month ago a rock hit my A/C condensor through the front bumper. It was not cheap to fix.

Nicely done. I never thought to use gutter guard to do this. lol
post #7 of 25 Old 10-20-2010, 08:27 AM
2nd Gear

good job buddy looks good, glad i could help.

08 Gun grey Accord coupe v6-Takeda Short Ram, DynoMax Superturbo mufflers,NESA N-81ACRD
07 Alabaster silver 4dr i4
post #8 of 25 Old 10-20-2010, 09:27 AM
4th Gear

Very nice! I might try this when I take off my bumper to adjust my retro.

2003 Honda Accord EX-L I4 Auto 120,XXX Miles

Morimoto Mini H1 Retro 4300K | USA Spec PA15-HON2
post #9 of 25 Old 10-23-2010, 05:17 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by devi0us View Post
Very nice! I might try this when I take off my bumper to adjust my retro.
I may do this when I take my bumper off to actually do my retro

2006 Accord EXL-V6 Auto 4dr (CM6)
+ Desert Mist
+ MODS: HFP suspension with Ingalls rear camber kit, Morimoto Mini H1 retrofit, Nokya Hyper Yellow drl/highs, 17mm TL rear sway bar, JBL GTO 6x9's and tweeters, splash guards, WeatherTech DigitalFit floorliners (front) and Honda all-weather floormats (rear), trunk tray, hood bra.... More to come
= Sexy
post #10 of 25 Old 10-23-2010, 05:21 PM
4th Gear

Send a message via MSN to 01AudiA4
Nice.
post #11 of 25 Old 10-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Coldspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinhboy82 View Post
I should have done this the beginning of the summer. A month ago a rock hit my A/C condensor through the front bumper. It was not cheap to fix.

Nicely done. I never thought to use gutter guard to do this. lol
Might need something a liiiiiitle stronger than just gutter guard plastic for true protection. This'll help a lot, but flying rocks might be able to tear through it depending on speed. Hah.

On another note, I should do this. Just one more thing to add to my winter todo list. Great, mod list is piling up, haha.

12/06-04/08 '93 Sentra SE cpe
08/07-02/10 '98 Accord EX-V6 cpe
07/08-05/09 '91 Festiva
3/10-Current '03 Accord EXNV-V6 cpe
post #12 of 25 Old 10-23-2010, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

^ unless the rocks are like the size of a quarter or something then it should be ok. the bottom is pretty secure cause of the zip ties, but the upper grille, its only held on by the three screws on top and the bottom isnt really held on so it can push through somehow. the tape i put on didnt really hold lol but if theyre small they can definitely still go through the openings anyways

Graphite Pearl
-

-TL Type S rims!
-OEM Decklid Spoiler
-Nokya Hyper Yellow DRL
-K&N Short Ram Intake
-Acura TL RSB

post #13 of 25 Old 11-18-2010, 04:05 PM
2009 EX-L V6 NAVI SEDAN

Fasten the outer edges

How did you fasten the left and right edges where there are no supports, just the edge of the hole? I can seen the zip ties working on the middle supports but there are no supports on the far left and right. I would think that the plastic mesh would be to flimsy to stay flat by itself.
post #14 of 25 Old 11-18-2010, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo View Post
How did you fasten the left and right edges where there are no supports, just the edge of the hole? I can seen the zip ties working on the middle supports but there are no supports on the far left and right. I would think that the plastic mesh would be to flimsy to stay flat by itself.
you mean the bottom one? i have zip ties on the middle plastic support too you can see it here all the way on the right:

Graphite Pearl
-

-TL Type S rims!
-OEM Decklid Spoiler
-Nokya Hyper Yellow DRL
-K&N Short Ram Intake
-Acura TL RSB

post #15 of 25 Old 11-18-2010, 04:15 PM
24th Gear

Send a message via AIM to Accordguy04
Nice, looks good. Can ya take some daytime shots for us?

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.