Body side molding removal ?? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-17-2006, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Body side molding removal ??

To make a long story short, I never park near anyone but this girl decides to park right next to me at work ( empty parking lot) and the wind blew the door out of her hands into my car luckly it only ripped some paint of the door molding and did not ding the door. I called the parts dept and they said the molding was $58 (factory painted). Anyone know how to take the door molding off. you guys must think im crazy but with 5300 miles I must fix this.

06 LXSE ACCORD AT
GRAPHITE PEARL
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-17-2006, 10:36 PM
4th Gear

GTC06, I feel your pain. I too park my car away from the mall rats but someone always finds it easier to park when they can find another car as reference. My car just reached 50,000km's without a door-ding. (knock on wood). I plan to keep my car for eight to ten years so I want it to look decent for a long time.

Regarding the door moulding... check here:

2013 BMW X3 mSport
2006 Acura CSX Premium, Civic SI rear sway bar
2005 Suzuki Katana 750, Hindle slip on, chopped shovel
post #3 of 5 Old 02-17-2006, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

thanks for that link and reply awesome im still not sure how to take just the molding off not the clips do i just pull it off.

06 LXSE ACCORD AT
GRAPHITE PEARL

post #4 of 5 Old 02-18-2006, 08:45 AM
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
does this help??

Special Tools Required
KTC trim tool set SOJATP2014
4-door
NOTE:

Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when prying components.

Be careful not to pry too far or you may bend the molding.

Put on gloves to protect your hands.

Prepare to release the molding clips from inside the vehicle.

To remove the front door molding, remove the front door panel and plastic cover.

To remove the rear door molding, remove the rear door panel and plastic cover.

Release the clips (A) and gently pry the front door molding (B) or rear door molding (C) away from the door while separating the adhesive tape (D, E, F).

Adhesive tape (D):
Thickness 1.2 mm (0.047 in.), Width 18 mm (0.71 in.)

Adhesive tape (E):
Thickness 1.2 mm (0.047 in.), Width 5 mm (0.2 in.)

Adhesive tape (F):
Thickness 0.4 mm (0.016 in.), Width 5 mm (0.2 in.)

Install the moldings in the reverse order of removal, and check the clips for damage or stress-whitening, and replace them with new ones and adhesive tape.
Attached Images
post #5 of 5 Old 02-18-2006, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

perfect thanks

06 LXSE ACCORD AT
GRAPHITE PEARL
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.