installing aftermarket Red H Emblems and experience/advice/pics - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-14-2018, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

installing aftermarket Red H Emblems and experience/advice/pics

i've had Red H Emblems for the Front/Rear/Steering Wheel for a while and noticed 3 rock cracks on the Front one so decided to post my experience w/them since i need to replace it soon and plan to put a clear film and hopefully that'll help

Front:

if i remember correctly they did come w/double sided tape but i opted not to use it and went w/3M Double Sided Tape at least 20+ lbs....30+ lbs. is the best

couple different pics of front Emblems on various Accords:

1. closest to my set up but i got the 03-05 version:

2. chrome version w/Red H Emblem

3. still one of my Fav. Accords

4. Mugen Emblem & aftermarket upper Grill

5. unique placement

6. Type R Emblem & Red H Emblem

Rear:

The Rear one has held up pretty well except when i went to remove it from my OEM Trunk to put on the Carbon Fiber Trunk...could be the super strong Tape that didn't make it crack but it isn't 100% perfect anymore

1. mine during removal & Trunk w/Inspire Wing w/LED w/out back-up dash Cam as i really wanted to keep the large Red H Emblem

Steering Wheel Emblem:

i had this lying around and decided to take it apart tonight...basically the reason that most opt to simply put the Emblem on top of the existing Emblem is that it is a major PITA to remove the OEM Steering Wheel Emblem...i think Honda did this as a theft deterrent but not so easy to swap it out for the flush look

1. mine w/Steering Wheel cover which has held up very well

2. painted steering wheel controls

to Fully remove the OEM H Emblem from the Steering Wheel:

i got this at a Junk Yard but if you decide to attempt it while Steering Wheel cover still on the car, ALWAYS take off Neg. Battery Terminal...highly unlikely to set off the airbag but just in case

4. backside - main reason its a PITA is the Metal Emblem is held on by 6 Tabs behind another layer of Rubber

5. removed w/rubber piece front side

6. the other way i think might work is simply slice the tabs off and leave them in the rubber if you really want the flush look

aftermarket Emblems:

1. i've got this style as it fits perfectly and its not flush since the OEM Emblem is still underneath plus its slightly larger size but i like it (also is aMember who put Blue Film over Gauge Cluster cover to get a Blue look):

2. Mugen

3. Red H Emblem w/CF background

hope this helps, PM anytime w/questions, concerns, etc.

2003 Accord 4dr EX V6 Graphite Pearl aka Dark Grey
250,000+ on 2nd Transmission

Mods: Driven heavily modded vehicles. "once a modder always a modder"

*G Modifiers Crew Member #2*
The Following User Says Thank You to 2i2dk1ny2i3 For This Useful Post:
04Hcoupe (01-25-2018)
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-16-2018, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear

i'm going to post this here so i don't get the same PM's and it will be easier to find:

the easiest way is measure your emblems, then check ebay/jdm site/amazon or message the seller and ask what size emblem you want is

Rear, i would go w/larger one for 7th gen Coupe and a bit smaller for 7.5 gen since the trunk design is different. Same thing for Sedan IMO

i sourced mine from eBay and went with a Seller selling them in the Honda packaging but its a big if on 100% JDM version...imo

if you source them directly from Honda, i think all 3 would be $200ish

If you have a Coupe, taking measurements is the easiest way, then message Seller...i didn't wanna deal w/having to send stuff back so that's what i did

The picture w/the Blue light Gauge Cluster was done by another Member and very unique. It shouldn't be too hard to source some Blue vinyl to do the same. If you've never handled Vinyl, just remove the plastic piece or have them install it for you, shouldn't cost too much

tip: i had a full LED Gauge Cluster done in Blue and even w/high end LED's...Blue will be harder to see than OEM White in the daytime but the Blue does look nice at Night

hope this helps

The Following User Says Thank You to 2i2dk1ny2i3 For This Useful Post:
04Hcoupe (01-25-2018)
post #3 of 6 Old 01-17-2018, 09:40 PM
2nd Gear

Any idea who makes that headlight visor/cover on the black accord in 3rd pic?

post #4 of 6 Old 01-20-2018, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmack24 View Post
Any idea who makes that headlight visor/cover on the black accord in 3rd pic?

pretty sure it was custom...the Accord is not US version for sure from what i recall

post #5 of 6 Old 01-22-2018, 10:28 AM
Bob's your UNCLE ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2i2dk1ny2i3 View Post

3. Red H Emblem w/CF background

YEAH BABY - Betty White represent !!! Best set-up ever ...

How in the world did you pull that pic ? Photobucket won't let me link any of my photos anymore without paying $$$ for the business class membership.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-'07 K24/AT SE CM5

P&P ’08 TSX IM|P&P OEM Injector Base|’08 TSX TB|HPS short ram intake w/ K&N|wrapped headers
6-6 strut tower brace|Megan Racing strut tower brace|TL-S FSB|TL-S RSB
HDR grills|JDM emblems|HFP front lip|Inspire fogs|Mugen side sills|OEM deck-lid spoiler|OEM Hybrid tails|17"x7" EP-R5 (HFP) rims
ELM 327 Bluetooth|USA Spec BT-35 HON|Kicker CS65's|Kicker CS693's|LED interior bulbs
post #6 of 6 Old 01-24-2018, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

How to see all those Deleted PhotoBucket pics

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.