HID / LED options - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
3Likes
  • 2 Post By jimijam
  • 1 Post By czelaya
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-13-2018, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

HID / LED options

I have been reading the HID retrofit threads, but all of them seem a bit older.

Is there a better/cheaper option than retrofitting headlights with projectors? any recommended preinstalled projector headlamps?

Please share. My old headlights have moisture, so instead of getting regular replacements, will it be worth to get ones with projectors and install HIDs?

Thanks!

Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-13-2018, 02:40 PM
Roll Tide!

Cheaper? Any junk replacememt assemblies you find for sale that are made in china.

Better? Absolutely not.

RickBlaine and UnknownJinX like this.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-13-2018, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

I Was hoping that there may be quality assemblies with projectors already installed available by now.

I guess, retrofitting is still the preferred way.

post #4 of 8 Old 01-13-2018, 06:07 PM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
A lot of those aftermarket assemblies tend to fail quickly, and they also look ricey...

There is the option of getting the 4th Gen Inspire(a fancier North American 7th Gen Accord sold in other markets) headlights with HID, but since Inspires are RHD, the cutoff will still not be quite right in an LHD country.

Or you will have to bake open the headlights and fit HID projectors in there.

2008 Honda Accord Coupé EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

post #5 of 8 Old 01-14-2018, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Thanks.
I guess i will go with some aftermarket halogen assemblies and retrofit.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-14-2018, 06:16 PM
2nd Gear

Morimoto just released the MLED, all-in-one, retrofit kit.

You have to pay for good quality. Unfortunately, headlight OEM assemblies are very costly to make due to the different manufactures involved with the units. I'm sure one company makes the headlight, another company is involved with projector headlight, ballast, igniter, and bulbs; then another company may be involved with LED components. However, there are some retrofit projectors that are a lot easier to install but may not have the most optimal output and light pattern, but are still light years ahead of filament based OEM lighting system.

Mini H1 projectors are suppose to be one of the easiest retrofits to do.

Either way, you want quality components because the last thing you want to do is go back into the headlight assembly.
jimijam likes this.

2017 CBP Accord Coupe V6 6-speed manual

Mods:
Advan RZII 19x9.0 et35 & 19x10.0 et35
Tires:245/40 & 275/35
Tein SA Coilovers
SPC 3-piece camber kit
Rays Dura Aluminum lug nuts
Strut King Aluminum Pedals
OEM Side Skirts, Illuminated Side Sills, & Lip Spoilers
Putco 6000K/Amber Switchbacks
Morimoto 6500K HID
Optic Blue Lamin-x fog light covers
Brembo BBK
StopTech Rear Cross Drilled Rotors
Corsomotion LED interior
JDM Hazard Button

Future Mods:
4G TL-R Retrofit/Osram D2S bulbs
post #7 of 8 Old 01-14-2018, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Thank You for the recommendation. Will order the MORIMOTO MINI H1 STAGE III kit you linked and the following headlights.

Thoughts?
post #8 of 8 Old 01-14-2018, 07:17 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw44 View Post
Thank You for the recommendation. Will order the MORIMOTO MINI H1 STAGE III kit you linked and the following headlights.

Thoughts?
I've seen plenty of retrofits. I've never done one personally. However, the one factor that is universal with seeing retrofits is that it's best to stay with OEM headlights. If you want the fancier looks, like angel eyes, yes, you're still better off retrofitting them with an OEM headlight. I've seen too many times, cheap headlights being taken off of cars because they're cheap and have abysmal quality issues within a couple of months.

If you're going to retrofit, you're going to have to reseal the headlight. Resealing headlights will take care of your condensation problem. Personally, I'm doing quad projectors (4G TL-R & Mini H-1 projectors) with angel eyes that have external drivers with some minor cosmetics.

In the end, I've been burned too many times by cheap parts. There's a reason why quality costs. Furthermore, it doesn't have to cost that much.

2017 CBP Accord Coupe V6 6-speed manual

Mods:
Advan RZII 19x9.0 et35 & 19x10.0 et35
Tires:245/40 & 275/35
Tein SA Coilovers
SPC 3-piece camber kit
Rays Dura Aluminum lug nuts
Strut King Aluminum Pedals
OEM Side Skirts, Illuminated Side Sills, & Lip Spoilers
Putco 6000K/Amber Switchbacks
Morimoto 6500K HID
Optic Blue Lamin-x fog light covers
Brembo BBK
StopTech Rear Cross Drilled Rotors
Corsomotion LED interior
JDM Hazard Button

Future Mods:
4G TL-R Retrofit/Osram D2S bulbs
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.