Will anyone be trading up for the 2018 Accord? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
31Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 62 Old 07-23-2017, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Will anyone be trading up for the 2018 Accord?

Hi Everyone-
As we all know, the new Honda Accord model was released earlier this month. As many may have heard, the coupe has been discontinued, along with the V6 engine. I've been looking around the brand new 10th generation Accord forum as of late, and it seems like a lot of enthusiasts are not pleased with the new model.

The new release got me thinking about my 7th generation coupe, and how much I appreciate the styling that went into it. Despite the issues that I've had with it, I think I will hold onto it for a while longer until I find a car that I really am excited about. I'm not sure what everyone else thinks, but I think the all new Accord is going to be a pass for me.

2004 Accord V-6 EX, Satin Silver, 6 speed M/T
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 Old 07-23-2017, 04:02 PM
Roll Tide!

Thanked 1,004 Times in 758 Posts
I will not trade down for that fuggly 4cyl turbo-lag model. I expect Drew03Accord to buy one since he's accordless now.

gmack24 likes this.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 62 Old 07-23-2017, 04:40 PM
Out of Control

I'll hold on to my car, nothing can top the 7th gen i4 auto for an old accord. Isn't that right jimijam?
tronfunkinblows likes this.

2005 EX-L Sedan, i4 + Automatic. over 185K and counting. runs like a clock.
V6 TL-S fsb/rsb
V6 battery upgrade
V6 strut bar
Weathertech floor liners
Tinted windows
New vtec gasket
New dipstick o-rings (thanks qman)
Penzoil Platinum 0W20
Fram ultra synthetic oil filter
Supertech -20*F washer fluid

Most meticulously maintained accord on this site

Quote:
An interference engine is one which interferes with your wallet if you don't keep a solid timing belt in it. -qman

post #4 of 62 Old 07-23-2017, 04:41 PM
5th Gear

That Accord looks like Honda decided to mash together the TL's head lamps together with Hyundai Sonata's tail lamps. And that front bumper is hideous. WTF were they thinking?

At least the dash is finally not the ugly contraption that started plaguing that car from 8th gen forward.

Getting rid of V6 is a surprise to me. I've always been afraid of the V6 version because of transmission problems, but I test-drove one before and it is much more fun than my four banger.

I guess it's a sign of the times.

2007 Honda Accord EX Sedan I4 auto
Self-installed Viper 2-way remote starter alarm
96k miles as of 12/3/2017
post #5 of 62 Old 07-23-2017, 04:47 PM
Don't drink and drive

Garage
No. At least not until there's one that's 3-4 years old.
scar_cle and demonics12 like this.

2005 Honda Accord V6 - 179k

"Ordinary people have big TVs. Extraordinary people have big libraries." - Robin Sharma
post #6 of 62 Old 07-23-2017, 04:58 PM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Enthusiasts may not be pleased, but I'd say the general public might be. Some characteristics of a turbocharged engine may be more suitable for daily driving.

Aren't you more interested in the Toyobaru?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijam View Post
I will not trade down for that fuggly 4cyl turbo-lag model.
The lag isn't really that bad, now that I am living with an I4T temporarily. It can be a bit noticeable at times, but that's because I keep flooring it time to time(which is the only way to get some fun out of a slush box). When driven more sanely like a daily driver, it's really fine.

I mean, sure, V8's are better, as long as you don't mind it eating through your wallet...

2008 Honda Accord Coupé EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

post #7 of 62 Old 07-23-2017, 05:18 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
.........The lag isn't really that bad, now that I am living with an I4T temporarily. It can be a bit noticeable at times, but that's because I keep flooring it time to time(which is the only way to get some fun out of a slush box). When driven more sanely like a daily driver, it's really fine.

I mean, sure, V8's are better, as long as you don't mind it eating through your wallet...
Have you convinced yourself yet?

You know you want the Power! I have the Powah!

2008 Coupe V6
post #8 of 62 Old 07-23-2017, 05:26 PM
7th Gear

I think it's a neat looking car, though I am bummed it will no longer be offered as a coupe, the prospect of a turbo 4 and a 6 speed sure sounds like fun. I'll keep my car until it gives up the ghost, unless someone where to offer me stupid money for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salcuta View Post
No. At least not until there's one that's 3-4 years old.
I think we agree on that.

04 4mt ex-l Satin Silver/Black

Comptech Icebox, Tsx intake manifold, 6-6 front brake conversion with EBC blanks and Green Stuff pads, ADD shifter base bushings, '11 Tsx wheels, Comptech drop springs, TL base rsb, 35% tint, spoiler, fogs, Inspire Zenki headlights, OPT7 led fog light bulbs, led interior bulbs, Gr. 35 battery, DC5 exhaust finisher, Kenwood ddx574bh, JBL gto5ez, Digital Designs CC6.5 / VO components, 1.5F Cap, Digital Designs 510C subwoofer, back up camera
post #9 of 62 Old 07-23-2017, 09:11 PM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR4Lee View Post
Have you convinced yourself yet?

You know you want the Power! I have the Powah!
Convinced myself of what? I am a little lost.

Yeah the Jetta lacks power(150 RPM), but it's a pretty solid commuter with the turbo IMO. Honestly, the only thing that ruins it is the slush box, which is too conservative at D and outright stupid at S. The manual mode is a pain in the neck to use if you drive a real MT, so I don't even bother.

I would want a V8 muscle when I get better at driving and when I have the money. For now, I will stick with something with lower torque and power.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

You will be remembered.

post #10 of 62 Old 07-23-2017, 09:21 PM
Roll Tide!

Quote:
I would want a V8 muscle when I get better at driving and when I have the money.
They are not hard to drive, though you do have to pay attention when driving a real car, and they are only getting more expensive. It's a supply and demand thing.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

post #11 of 62 Old 07-23-2017, 09:30 PM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Quote:
They are not hard to drive, though you do have to pay attention when driving a real car, and they are only getting more expensive. It's a supply and demand thing.
I know, but I don't wanna be that guy that changes car like every year. I will live with my RX-8 for a while, at least until it loses compression or something, IDK.

Also, I am pretty sure the insurance rate is gonna be through the roof for a V8 muscle for me, so I will wait.

You will be remembered.

post #12 of 62 Old 07-23-2017, 09:41 PM
Roll Tide!

Quote:
Also, I am pretty sure the insurance rate is gonna be through the roof for a V8 muscle for me, so I will wait.
Classic car insurance is not expensive as long as the car is garaged AND you don't drive it daily. Hagerty costs me about $250 a year with an agreed upon value I selected for replacement cost if totaled or stolen.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

post #13 of 62 Old 07-24-2017, 05:54 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
I will not trade down for that fuggly 4cyl turbo-lag model. I expect Drew03Accord to buy one since he's accordless now.
Never had a car loan before and won't be starting now. The truck serves my needs right now. It's a gas guzzler (getting roughly 15 mpg avg), but gas is cheap.

2003 LX Sedan, i4 + Automatic. 201K and counting.
My toughest oil thread:

Update your sig with your ride here (10 post minimum req):
post #14 of 62 Old 07-24-2017, 05:58 AM

Bring back the PRELUDE

The 2018 Accord reminds me when Honda made a mistake with the first round of gen 7 Accord. Hence the gen 7.5 revision.
BenzAccord and jimijam like this.

07 V6 AUTO Sedan
post #15 of 62 Old 07-24-2017, 06:13 AM
Out of Control

The Accord has always done everything well, offers a bit of everything but does nothing perfectly. In other words, it never aces a category but always places at the top so the sum of its parts renders a great overall vehicle. This has been the core of its accolades and great reviews over decades. Is it something you trade in or up for because the latest and greatest is available soon? I think not for most folks.

And if you 7th gen folks do trade up, you can wait a little longer for prices to come down, it won't take long.

2009 CRV LX
2014 Accord EXL-V6
2015 CRV Touring
2017 Ridgeline RTS
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.