Locks not working and Windows acting weird - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
2Likes
  • 1 Post By frenzal
  • 1 Post By Miker
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-09-2017, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Locks not working and Windows acting weird

I recently bought a 03 accord v6 3.0L 2 door. The doors do not lock with the key or the buttons only if u push them down yourself. You hear the drivers door trying to unlock but it doesn't, the passenger doesn't even make the noise. I'm not sure if this is a complete different problem but the passenger window,when rolling down rolls itself back up. If I use the drivers button to roll it up it has a better chance of staying down but will still roll right backup. The drivers side is usually fine but you have to hold the button until it's half way when closing it shut unless rolls back down... Someone help. I'm not trying to deal with not having locks

Last edited by MikeOG03; 05-10-2017 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Had to fix v6
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-10-2017, 02:24 AM
5th Gear

You might have a short in your door.

Also, might have a problem with the window switches.

MikeOG03 likes this.

Car: Honda Accord coupe 2005 V6 6-speed saphire blue
post #3 of 9 Old 05-10-2017, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Ok thank you any suggestions as to what I should do to fix it

post #4 of 9 Old 05-10-2017, 07:31 AM
Out of Control

You might want to try to find a indephendant mechanic which specializes in elect. repair, Honda prefered. Start looking on the net in your area.

2004 4cyl. EX Sedan automatic 510K - 2017 EX automatic 2K
post #5 of 9 Old 05-10-2017, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Trying to avoid bringing it somewhere and fix this myself any other suggestions ?? Maybe actuators are bad and Windows a whole different problem?
post #6 of 9 Old 01-13-2018, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

door locks dont work

my door locks on my 2003 accord coupe hasn't worked since I got the car. I can put the key in the door and lock it like that and just push down and pull up the sticks but that's it. when you click the button on the door you can hear the drivers side door trying to come up but dosent, you can also hear from the passenger side a weird spring type noise a silent DOYYNGG every 25 or so seconds like soething broken in there. let me know what your advice is
post #7 of 9 Old 01-14-2018, 07:10 AM
5th Gear

There are things that can be tested here, but it does take some work and patience. I did not have to do this but attached are procedures for how testing of various actuators and switches can be done.

Also note that there is a power window relay so you might also want to replace that first and see if it helps; if a relay is going / gone intermittently it could give you strange symptoms.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Passenger switch test.pdf (269.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: pdf Power window relay.pdf (253.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf Door switches test.pdf (790.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf Master switch test.pdf (1.56 MB, 4 views)

2017 Accord EX I4 w. Sensing Sedan
2005 Accord LX I4 Sedan > the one with a $2500 transmission rebuild
post #8 of 9 Old 01-14-2018, 08:11 AM
Elvira - the car

MikeOG03

Does the 03 have auto up, auto down?

It may simply need the reset procedure found here in this thread....

power window control unit reset
rookie likes this.

Mike

2013 EX-L V6/6A (no nav) sedan CBP
"vita est brevis, vado pro V6" - Me
"Speak only when you feel that your words are better than your silence." - Anonymous
"Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."- Benjamin Franklin
"Never walk past a mistake " - Colin Powell, retired four-star General
post #9 of 9 Old 01-17-2018, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

door locks dont work since ive bought it

My door locks haven't worked since I got my 03 accord coupe, only if I unlock and lock by pushing them down manually the key fob and door buttons don't work. you can hear the drivers door trying to open but dosent. the passenger dosent sound like it tries to go up at all. ive posted about this before but it wasn't a clear post and got no clear answers.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.