Hmmm, swap 03-05 gauge cluster with an 06-07? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 03-18-2010, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Rice-Free

Send a message via AIM to sleeperaccord
Hmmm, swap 03-05 gauge cluster with an 06-07?

It's probably a moot thing to do. Swap a cluster for another that's essentially the same. But, is it just me, or do the 06-07 gauges look better?

Has anyone actually done this? And would anyone have any DIY info? I havent searched, but I will now. Probably should've beforehand.

But thanks.

'05 AV6 Graphite Pearl--Picking away at those mods.

Current:
AEM V2 CAI
Optima RedTop
Unorthodox Crank Pulley

Pending:
Test Pipe
XLR-8 J-Pipe
Ignalls Torque Damper
P2R Throttle Body Spacer
Acura TL 17mm Rear Sway Bar
Acura MDX Intake Manifold Spacer
Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust(maybe)
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-18-2010, 10:07 PM
it is so Slooooow..

Send a message via MSN to XxSlowK24xX
yeah the 06-07 looks a lot nicer than the 03-05..i tried swaping it out with one and the plugs are diff..im sure is possible to do it but you will need to re wire it pin by pin..but it would be a sweet mod..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 Old 03-19-2010, 02:41 AM
JBM
boost master

Send a message via AIM to JBM
I'm almost positive that if you made a "boom slang" type harness it will work. So that way you can still return to stock.

I've seen people put in a s2000 cluster into civics & crx's. I don't know if the 06 & up cluster has the same mounting points, but other than that it should be as easy as wiring a stereo.

35% tint, TL-S 20mm rsb. 8k hid's, tsx im. rsx underdrive pulleys, custom cat back, obx headers. o2 simulator. cai, neuspeed lowering springs on kyb's.

post #4 of 15 Old 03-19-2010, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

While I am not 100% certain, you have to ask yourself why Honda made the main harness plug different for the 06-07 model? There may be enough electrical or electronic or software differences for Honda to go out of their way to make it not directly interchangeable.

2005 Satin Silver V6 Coupe 6 speed
TL shift knob, Hidden Hitch, Venture Shield clear protetive film,
GM Friction Modified Synchromesh transmission fluid,
2007 Acura TL-S front/rear sway bars,
Clutch slave cylinder restrictor valve delete.

Acura TL 5-spoke rims 245/45-17 Bridgestone Pole Position RE970
Honda steel rims 225/55-16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 15 Old 03-19-2010, 11:29 AM
JBM
boost master

Send a message via AIM to JBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviography View Post
While I am not 100% certain, you have to ask yourself why Honda made the main harness plug different for the 06-07 model?
It's the exact same reason why wire colors vary from year to year. "To be difficult"

35% tint, TL-S 20mm rsb. 8k hid's, tsx im. rsx underdrive pulleys, custom cat back, obx headers. o2 simulator. cai, neuspeed lowering springs on kyb's.
post #6 of 15 Old 03-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Sponsored by ambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
It's the exact same reason why wire colors vary from year to year. "To be difficult"
for example: the Navigation sub-display for the 03 model is "not compatible" with the 04+ models. I verified the pin out matches EXACTLY. The wires are just different colors.
post #7 of 15 Old 03-19-2010, 12:40 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryven View Post
for example: the Navigation sub-display for the 03 model is "not compatible" with the 04+ models. I verified the pin out matches EXACTLY. The wires are just different colors.
Honda what a bunch of haters. Like how the 98 civics ex dx lx..ect all have diff colorwires and other BS.

07 Accord EX-L V6 6spd(TSB)
Night Hawk Black
25% Tint all round
2 Door
USA-SPEC PA15 HON2
post #8 of 15 Old 03-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Princess supplied a pin out diagram for the 06-07 cluster a couple of years ago when I asked the question, if I have some time later I will find the posting and compare to my 03-05 service manual to see what's different in terms of signal descriptions, even if there is a one-to-one match in descriptions, there is still no guarantee the communications format (both software and hardware aspects) between the control electroincs elsewhere in the car to the instrument cluster is actually the same, everything is so complicated these days!

2005 Satin Silver V6 Coupe 6 speed
TL shift knob, Hidden Hitch, Venture Shield clear protetive film,
GM Friction Modified Synchromesh transmission fluid,
2007 Acura TL-S front/rear sway bars,
Clutch slave cylinder restrictor valve delete.

Acura TL 5-spoke rims 245/45-17 Bridgestone Pole Position RE970
Honda steel rims 225/55-16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3

post #9 of 15 Old 03-19-2010, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Rice-Free

Rubbish. If that's the case, I'll just stick with the original. After all, the 7th gen gauges are nicer than most stock gauges on comparable cars.

Particularly, Nissan = fail, with they're gauges and interior accent on the 02-06 Altimas and 04-06 Max's.

Thanks for the feedback!

Current:
AEM V2 CAI
Optima RedTop
Unorthodox Crank Pulley

Pending:
Test Pipe
XLR-8 J-Pipe
Ignalls Torque Damper
P2R Throttle Body Spacer
post #10 of 15 Old 03-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Prim and Proper

I've actually been wondering about this mod myself. Not worth the time if it's a PITA but would be pretty sweet if there was a harness to make a direct swap more feasible

2003 Accord LX-V6

5% Rear Tint, 25% Front Tint | Weapon R Dragon Short Ram Intake with APC Cone Filter | Acura TL 17mm Rear Sway Bar | Eagle Eye LED Taillights - Red/Smoke | Nokya Hyper Yellow Hi-Beam Headlights | Resonator and Pre-muffler Removed | Test Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfrog View Post
All cars get the flu......Yugo had the plague...
post #11 of 15 Old 03-19-2010, 06:12 PM
The taste of Vtec!

I just want my gauge lightings to be blue then I'm all good

2003 Ex-L V6 Honda Accord

| Blue Interior | Blue LEDGlow Bars | Dual Halo Projectors with LEDs | Smoked Foglights | 8000k HIDs on Fogs and Projectors | Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust | Secret Weapon Intake | Pioneer DEH-P7100BT (Bluetooth, iPod, USB) | JL TR690-TXi (Rear) + JL TR600-CXi (Front) Speakers |

2009 Acura RDX

| Fully Loaded | Stock |
post #12 of 15 Old 03-19-2010, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Rice-Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickkxO View Post
I just want my gauge lightings to be blue then I'm all good
Well, if you havent seen this yet...

Gives your gauges a blueish tint, and people seem to be satisfied with the results.

Current:
AEM V2 CAI
Optima RedTop
Unorthodox Crank Pulley

Pending:
Test Pipe
XLR-8 J-Pipe
Ignalls Torque Damper
P2R Throttle Body Spacer
post #13 of 15 Old 03-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Prim and Proper

I was looking for that earlier but didn't want to search for too long

2003 Accord LX-V6

5% Rear Tint, 25% Front Tint | Weapon R Dragon Short Ram Intake with APC Cone Filter | Acura TL 17mm Rear Sway Bar | Eagle Eye LED Taillights - Red/Smoke | Nokya Hyper Yellow Hi-Beam Headlights | Resonator and Pre-muffler Removed | Test Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfrog View Post
All cars get the flu......Yugo had the plague...
post #14 of 15 Old 03-19-2010, 08:01 PM
6th Gear

Meh, I prefer my OEM white backlighting. Call me a hater, but the blue is kinda rice IMO.

I like the 06-07 gauges a bit better, but I'm satisfied with my 03 one and it's not worth the work to switch it IMO. Besides, our IP is tons better than many offerings even on brand-new cars.

Current:
2003 Honda Accord EXL: 2008-

Growing up:
1992 Chevrolet Cavalier: 2000-2008
1986 Pontiac 6000 LE: 1995-2000
1982 Honda Accord: 1993-1995
1979 Honda Civic: 1991-1993
post #15 of 15 Old 03-20-2010, 07:51 AM
Too old to tolerate

I did it on a Civic. I swapped the '94 DX manual cluster for a '92 EX cluster. The downside was the cluster was from an auto tranny so I bought a lighted cluster face to cover the gear column. And it was plug and play.

The only thing I can think of is the MM. 06-07 has that and one of the pins on the 03-05 was moved to make room for that...

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.