Drivers Wiper Blade Anco 31 26" - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
2Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 12-08-2016, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Drivers Wiper Blade Anco 31 26"

I bought an Anco 31 series 26 inch wiper blade for my drivers side. It doesn't clean for the entire length of the blade. The last 3-4 inches at the end of the blade away from the motor are where the issue is. The blade fits in a holder on the other end of it and the fit is really tight. Does this have something to do with it not cleaning well?

How do I solve this?

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 12-08-2016, 10:41 AM
Out of Control

Watch out pal. You didn't mention anything in here about this issue having to do with a car. You're probably gonna get scolded.

2003 Accord EX I4 AT (mine), K&N drop in (surprised), JL Audio TR690Txi 6X9 in the rear
2004 Accord EX I4 MT (wife's), totally bone stock except for all the crap that fills every cubic inch that is not the driver seat.
post #3 of 29 Old 12-08-2016, 10:46 AM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
Could be faulty. See if you can return it for a different one.

I prefer the Bosch icons myself. Never a problem with those

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 20xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)

post #4 of 29 Old 12-08-2016, 11:49 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1234567890 View Post
The blade fits in a holder on the other end of it and the fit is really tight. Does this have something to do with it not cleaning well?
If the "holder" you're talking about is the u-shaped plastic piece on the bottom of the driver's side wiper arm then the answer is yes. If the wiper blade doesn't fit properly into it it won't clean well at all. If so you can either find a brand of blade that fits in the "holder" better than yours or go back to the stock blades and just put new rubber inserts in them. Generally, removing the offending bracket or holder doesn't really work very well. Good luck.

2006 Accord Coupe silver V6 6-speed
2003 Accord Coupe silver V6 auto
post #5 of 29 Old 12-08-2016, 01:07 PM
Out of Control

Is it the rubber blade that's tight, where it's connected to arm fingers? Or...is it the U shaped metal at end of arm, that clips into the middle of the blade assembly?

2003 LX Sedan, i4 + Automatic. 201K and counting.
My toughest oil thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Update your sig with your ride here (10 post minimum req):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 29 Old 12-08-2016, 01:28 PM
3rd Gear

I've had really bad luck with all the "beam" style wiper blades on the driver side. It seems that my windshield has a "flat" spot in the middle, and the beam style cannot go flat enough to stay in contact. I have gone back to the basic weatherbeater blades and they work much better!

2004 Honda Accord DX - 5-spd Manual - I4 K24 Motor

post #7 of 29 Old 12-08-2016, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

ypsibird, yes it is the u shaped bracket on the bottom of the wiper arm that fits very tightly with the new wiper blade. Has anyone had success in trying to modify the new blade so it fits into the holder?

Drew03Acc. It is neither of these. It is the u shaped bracket on the bottom of the wiper arm that fits very tightly with the new wiper blade.

Soler25. I think it may be the tight fit in the u shaped bracket that is preventing mine for making good contact at the other end.

Has anyone been able to get something like this working? If so how?
post #8 of 29 Old 12-08-2016, 03:20 PM
Out of Control

Are you using all the hardware that came with the new blades, or reusing something from old?

2003 LX Sedan, i4 + Automatic. 201K and counting.
My toughest oil thread:

Update your sig with your ride here (10 post minimum req):
post #9 of 29 Old 12-08-2016, 04:02 PM

Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qman View Post
Watch out pal. You didn't mention anything in here about this issue having to do with a car. You're probably gonna get scolded.
Yeah, funny, but look how well it was written, and how he answered all questions with a thorough description. He also asked for help, and took the time to say thank you.

If his entire post only stated, "My purchase doesn't work!" no doubt you would have sprung into action, using your Spidey-Sense to detect that it was an issue about a 7th Gen Accord windshield not getting cleaned properly. And I....I would have stood on the sidelines like a cow at a phone bank wishing I had opposable thumbs. But if you were not online, qman, what then must we do?

My point is not saying that people have to state that the issue is about a car- but that it actually contains useful info. Seriously, five years from now another 1,000 people could come across this thread- immediately identify as having the same issue, and leave with a conclusion. All because the OP took a few extra seconds to write properly.
post #10 of 29 Old 12-08-2016, 04:08 PM

OP, do you have the original windshield on, or a replacement windshield?

99% sure it is the blade holder issue.....some brands don't work well with our design of windshield, even if you use new blade hardware.
post #11 of 29 Old 12-08-2016, 04:16 PM
Out of Control

Garage
Quote:
The last 3-4 inches at the end of the blade away from the motor are where the issue is. The blade fits in a holder on the other end of it and the fit is really tight. Does this have something to do with it not cleaning well?
That "holder" you refer to is not a holder. It's a stabilizer bracket and it's not supposed to be tight around the wiper frame; the wiper should move freely in and out of the bracket. Remove the bracket and you should be good.

2007 Accord SE sedan; I-4 automatic
post #12 of 29 Old 12-08-2016, 07:36 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtts60 View Post
Remove the bracket and you should be good.
When I previously said that removing the offending bracket or holder really doesn't work very well I said it due to personal experience. That bracket is there for a reason. Removing it might make your driver side wiper work a little bit better but it still won't work right. The rubber insert for your original wiper will work much better and is probably cheaper than the blade you bought.

2006 Accord Coupe silver V6 6-speed
2003 Accord Coupe silver V6 auto
post #13 of 29 Old 12-08-2016, 09:49 PM
Out of Control

Garage
For those of us that need winter wiper blades, the bracket must be removed.

2007 Accord SE sedan; I-4 automatic
post #14 of 29 Old 12-09-2016, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Rick Blaine: It is a replacement windshield. When you say it is about the blade holder are you referring to the U shaped holder on the bottom of the wiper arm or the old refillable frames where you can just change the inserts?

mtts60: I considered doing that but I am concerned that it would significantly reduce the strength of the wiper blade during heavy rains. I live where we get frequent heavy rains in very heavy traffic and I can't risk not having the wipers effective during them.

ypsibird: I no longer have my original blades.
post #15 of 29 Old 12-09-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Rick Blaine: It is a replacement windshield. When you say it is about the blade holder are you referring to the U shaped holder on the bottom of the wiper arm or the old refillable frames where you can just change the inserts?

mtts60: I considered doing that but I am concerned that it would significantly reduce the strength of the wiper blade during heavy rains. I live where we get frequent heavy rains in very heavy traffic and I can't risk not having the wipers effective during them.

ypsibird: I no longer have my original blades.
I was referring to the U-Shaped holder....I threw out my original wiper blades (I wish I kept them) and use various brands on sale or free with rebate. Some work well, some not so well. I too have a replacement windshield and I noticed a difference on cleaning ability using the same exact wiper blades when I went from the original glass to the replacement glass.

Either way, that U-shaped holder had to go- for me, at least.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.