Chemik's Turbo 7th Gen - K24a4 - 6 Speed - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 85 Old 12-17-2009, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Chemik's Turbo 7th Gen - K24a4 - 6 Speed

Hi folks. Ive decided to create this threadfor my Accord. I always try and take the road less travelled & always do my own work unless I dont have the time or resources to do it.
I always tried to take pics whenever I was adding or taking something off but couldnt always. I want this thread to be here to help my fellow 7th Gen guy that might have a question. Feel free to ask me anything about what I have done so far. I feel blessed to have been given the chance to bring my Accord to the level its & relish in knowing some of the knowledge Ive gained can help the next guy. I got into tuning about a year ago now & will be updating the thread as I go to finish the Accord.I will be tuning it myself on KPRO. Happy Modding!

My Turbo K24a4 Accord Thread

2003 Accord EXL

I bought it January 07 as a "daily driver I would leave bone stock" Well we all know that never lasts! I soon bought an AEM CAI for it & it was downhill from there. I ended up putting a few other mods on it & dynoed roughly 151whp/157ftlbs on a DynoJet dyno.

Here are some pictures of it through the years, as well asthe mods it had when it was NA & the mods currently.

NA Mods:
DIY Intake
Coolant TB Bypass
Neuspeed Shortshift Kit
Corsport Shifter Bushings
TSX IM
TSX 6 Speed Transmission
Hondata IMG
Exedy Stg 1 Clutch
Ebay 7.5lb Flywheel
Ebay Rear Camber Kit
Ebay Header
Ebay Coilovers
Ebay Test Pipe
Ebay Exhaust Piping
350z pre-muffler
Magnaflow Muffler
Ingalls Front Camber Kit
NGK Wideband AF Monitor
JDM S2K 6spd Knob
8000k HIDs
18" G35 Wheels/ 225 40 18 Tires

Current Mods:
Coolant TB Bypass
Neuspeed Shortshift Kit
Corsport Shifter Bushings
TSX IM
TSX 6 Speed Transmission
Exedy Stg 1 Pressure Plate (higher clamping force than ACT HD Plate)
ACT 6 Puck Sprung Clutch Disk
Ebay 7.5lb Flywheel
Ingalls Front Camber Kit
Jpower Rear Camber Kit
Ebay Coilovers
Ebay Test Pipe
RSR Catback Exhaust
NGK Wideband AF Monitor
JDM S2K 6spd Knob
8000k HIDs
18" G35 Wheels/ 225 40 18 Tires
Greddy Turbo Kit 6psi
Goodridge Oil Lines
HKS BOV
Garrett Boost Gauge
KPRO - PNF ECU
CHAM KPRO Harness (modified by me)
RSX-S AF Sensor

First Mod! - Replaced stock 16" wheels w 05 Civic Si 16" Wheels

Blacked Out The OEM Headlights & added an AEM CAI

Install wasnt too bad but I did have to remove the bumper.
Consisted of clips mainly, 10mm bolts & phillips screws.

Tools Need:

Phillips Screwdriver
Flat head Scredriver
10mm Ratchet with extensions

Use flathead to install couplers and to remove the plastic pins securing the bumper

April 2007 - 18x7 TSW Wheels - 205 40 18 Tires - Lowered on Neuspeed Sport Springs

Install required :
Jack
Jack Stands
spring compressors
17mm impact socket
17mm Wrench
12mm Wrench (I believe, for top but on shock)
14mm impact socket
Allen head for top of shocks

Install was about 3-4 hours because I was drinking beer

September 2007 - Converting from 5Spd 4.4FD to TSX 6spd 4.7FD

Had a local shop owner take the tranny apart to make sure it was in tip top shape. It was!! Many thanks to the guy who shipped me the 2005 TSX transmission from NY to TX & gave me a great deal!

Install :

Advanced-
If youre not well versed in mechanics & have done transmissions before, then dont try this lol. I took the plunge simply because all the local shops wanted $1200-$1750 to INSTALL ONLY.

After doing the work, I see why they would charge that.
Just look at the pictures to see the work involved :p

Had a local shop owner take the tranny apart to make sure it was in tip top shape. It was!! Many thanks to the guy who shipped me the 2005 TSX transmission from NY to TX and gave me a great deal!

NOTE: After taking about a week to adjust to the lightened flywheel, I don't even notice it anymore. I drive in traffic too & its fine. Im just used to it. I love the acceleration too.

Also replaced the broken pickup it came with

Hondata IMG Install

Install:

Moderate. You have to get in some weird angles to access some of the bolts

Extensions, 10mm socket, 12mm socket, 12mm wrench.

NOTE: I left the lower intake manifold bracket off and left it off. Its been 3 years now & have no issues

Comparisons between the TSX & Accord injector base.

I did this to settle some curiosities as to whether there was a difference in them in regards to power. I was able to measure about a 2mm difference in the TSX injector base. No difference in the runner diameter between the 2

Off Road Suspension Upgrade :p

Minor wire tuck work

done

ASA AR1 Wheels. 18" 205 40 18 Tires

Later I went with AP1 S2000 wheels since I managed to curb check all the previous ones and crack 1

here comes the BOOOOOST

I am running an RSX Greddy Kit Modified to fit the Accord of course. Running upgraded feed & return line
Due to this I had to drop the subframe quite a bit to be able to pull the pan as to let me tap it for the return line
Total Install Time: 20 Hours

After tuning on emanage at 6.5psi, I went from emanage to FIC.
Heres a clip when I was on emanage.

12/26/09 Motor Blows up

Returns with ARP head studs, cometic head gasket & ACT 6 Puck Clutch disk
Thanks to my boy's shop VIKTEK that handled the work when I was too busy AT work

Fresh k24a4 w/ appx 40k on the clock

Installed an RSR Catback Exhaust and Blitz Dual Turbo timer

2003 Accord EXL K24 6spd Nighthawk Black Coupe
Performance: Greddy Turbo Kit - Cometic Headgasket - ARP Head Studs - HKS BOV - TSX IM - Greddy Strut Bar - Test Pipe - Magnaflow SS Exhaust - Neuspeed Short Shift Adaptor - TSX 6spd Transmission - 7.5lb Flywheel - ACT 6 Puck Clutch - Ralco 3 Pulley Set - NGK AFX Wideband o2 Monitor - KPRO
Exterior: Black Housing Headlights - 6000k HIDs - 18" G35 Wheels - Wilwood BBK - Ingallls Camber Kit - $45 Coilovers -Tokico Blues - OEM Spoiler
Advertisement

post #2 of 85 Old 12-17-2009, 12:38 PM
banned

I love it! Met this car in person!! IT'S BEAST!

post #3 of 85 Old 12-17-2009, 12:41 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to 421
holy shit, the 7g game is over!

post #4 of 85 Old 12-17-2009, 12:42 PM
6th Gear

Told you Furple!

If I ever do get the chance/money/know how to go boost, I'd definetely do this setup, with the TSX transmission.

Did you have to use the RSX head to make the turbo work?
post #5 of 85 Old 12-17-2009, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAN1 View Post
Told you Furple!

If I ever do get the chance/money/know how to go boost, I'd definetely do this setup, with the TSX transmission.

Did you have to use the RSX head to make the turbo work?

K series are all the same so I used the complete 115k Accord k24a4 motor (block and head). Only modification that was done to the turbo kit was the downpipe and the charge piping. I had to remove my metal bumper under the bumper cover due to the large intercooler. Ill prob be going to a smaller one down the road as I do want that metal bumper on there.

Its actually not that bad since you can use your stock "J" pipe from the stock header. Mine hooked right up to my exhaust.

I would say stay 5 spd if going boost. Itll help with traction.
I initally planned on staying all motor but saw that I wasnt making much power with all the bolt ons so I went boost.

6/13/10 KPRO UPDATE

Ok so I finished installing KPRO, I took lots of pictures and spent 4 hours sorting, adjusting and editing all of them as to make some sort of sense. For those always wanting to know the process, well here is mine. Mine was a bit different than everyone else's Kpro install because my harness did NOT come with the VTC- and VTC+ wire ready to be ran into the engine bay.

Cham told me on the phone he was trying something new on mine that may or may not work. Well it didnt work 100% but did 50%

The reason behind the hurdle is simply this: The Accord uses a BODY GROUND for the VTC Oil Solenoid, while the EP hatch and RSX use an ECU GROUND

I tried splicing wire B23 (vtc -) into wire A4 (ecu ground) but it didnt work. My only other option was to run B23 (vtc -) straight to the solenoid. This ended up working.

I also setup a ground at the passenger floor board which would allow me to go back to stock a lot easier than having to mess with the VTC solenoid plug in the bay since its a tight squeeze full of sharp edges(see bloody hand picture)

After getting everything running, my RSX-S sensor ended up going bad in a day (free used sensor) so I may be going with a 2004-2005 Civic D17 sensor that I hear is a direct connect to the Accord harness (no having to solder finicky o2 sensor wires!)

Ill let the pics do the explaining. Feel free to ask away if I missed anything.

2003 Accord EXL K24 6spd Nighthawk Black Coupe
Performance: Greddy Turbo Kit - Cometic Headgasket - ARP Head Studs - HKS BOV - TSX IM - Greddy Strut Bar - Test Pipe - Magnaflow SS Exhaust - Neuspeed Short Shift Adaptor - TSX 6spd Transmission - 7.5lb Flywheel - ACT 6 Puck Clutch - Ralco 3 Pulley Set - NGK AFX Wideband o2 Monitor - KPRO
Exterior: Black Housing Headlights - 6000k HIDs - 18" G35 Wheels - Wilwood BBK - Ingallls Camber Kit - $45 Coilovers -Tokico Blues - OEM Spoiler
post #6 of 85 Old 12-17-2009, 01:14 PM
2005 Honda Accord Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 421 View Post
holy shit, the 7g game is over!
Game over as in no more?Cease to exist? lol

-Eric
post #7 of 85 Old 12-17-2009, 01:27 PM
6th Gear

I read about someone who used the RSX head on his Accord's K24 because the RSX's head had i-VTEC on the intake and exhaust valves, as opposed to our K's, which only have i-VTEC on the intake side.

How much do you think you're putting down? The one I read about put down 301 whp, 310 wtq.
post #8 of 85 Old 12-17-2009, 01:27 PM
moooo

damn dude I am in awe, its on like donkey kong
post #9 of 85 Old 12-17-2009, 01:39 PM
4th Gear

did you lose your ability to use A/C since the intercooler goes in the location of the condenser

2007 Acura RDX
DDM 8000K Fogs | 20% Tint | iSimple | Exhaust resonator delete | Hondata reflash | 2-way Alarm/ remote starter

Accord sedan 2005 EX-L i4 [TRADED]
miles: 40,XXX
DDM 8000K HIDS | 20% Tint | Eibach Pro | OEM fogs | Rotora | Hawk | Switch blade key | iSimple ipod adapter | 2-way Alarm/ remote starter | Intake Resonator delete
post #10 of 85 Old 12-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Out of Control

Send a message via Yahoo to chaqui74
have u dyno on boost ? and whats ur psi?

2008 ASM Accord V6
Vossen VVS-CV3
F20x9-225/35/20
R20X10.5-255/35/20
Megan SS Coilover
HID's 5k Headlights/Fog lights
15% Tints
P2R T/B Spacer
K&N Air Filter
post #11 of 85 Old 12-17-2009, 03:23 PM
2nd Gear

and if you get the chance sound clips please

chaqui74 i think he's running 6 psi. according to his "current" list

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 85 Old 12-17-2009, 06:31 PM
JBM
boost master

Send a message via AIM to JBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaqui74 View Post
have u dyno on boost ? and whats ur psi?
i love how everyone asks "how much psi, or how many pound of boost?"

it does not matter really. 5 psi on a td04-13c is not the same as 5 psi on lets say a evo 16g, or a holset he1.

a better question would be, hey what turbo are you running & how much cfm does it produce.

sorry, didnt mean to single you out.

35% tint, TL-S 20mm rsb. 8k hid's, tsx im. rsx underdrive pulleys, custom cat back, obx headers. o2 simulator. cai, neuspeed lowering springs on kyb's.
post #13 of 85 Old 12-17-2009, 07:11 PM
4th Gear

nice looking car man.. Good work.
post #14 of 85 Old 12-17-2009, 09:23 PM
‎']['{[]}{[]}][_

I applaud you for doing the turbo correctly!

A guy I (kinda) worked with a while ago effed up his 6th gen Accord with a "custom" turbo set-up; he put it on his slushbox Accord which ended up shifting real weird. I think he even tried to reprogram his ECU to run with the turbo but I don't think he could get it to work properly.

The guy was bragging about his turbo set-up and was even challenging another co-worker, who had an EVO IX, that he'd beat him in a drag race. I don't think he ever raced the EVO though; talking to the EVO owner, he told me, besides his ECU issues, his turbo was way too big for his set-up (apparently, boost kicked in way too late). Not only did he have a horrible turbo set-up, he did some kinda hack job to his bumper to make the "custom" intercooler piping fit. It looked terrible: the sides bulged out, the bumper sagged a bit, and cuts he made to his bumper opening were unprofessionally jagged. I don't know too much about turbo set-ups but talking to the guy and asking him questions, he didn't seem very knowledgeable about it. I know someone else helped him install his turbo but I don't think they were too savy on turbo's either.

Needless to say, he's now driving around a Mazdaspeed6; I guess he couldn't get his turboed Accord to work properly so he went with a car with a stock turbo set-up...

If you don't mind me asking: what is the final price tag for all your current mods???

ASM 2007 EX-V6 6MT Sedan
MODS:
-35% tint
-Acura TSX retro headlights (Blacked out) w/amber LED turn sig bulbs & "bullet" angel eyes
-Depo Fogs w/2500K bulbs
-Hybrid Tail Lamps w/red 7w LED turn sig bulbs
-Custom JDM style grill & mesh lower grill insert
-K&N Typhoon CAI
-USA Spec iPod interface
-Front 12.6" Wilwood BBK & Rear 12" upgrade w/15mm Ichiba wheel spacers

FUTURE MODS:
-Tein Coilovers
-Vossen 19" VVS-CV3
-Hybrid Mirrors
-Tanabe Medalion Touring Exhaust
post #15 of 85 Old 12-18-2009, 12:39 AM
6th Gear

how much did you spend?

07 Accord EX-L V6 6spd(TSB)
Night Hawk Black
25% Tint all round
2 Door
USA-SPEC PA15 HON2
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.