Buying a used 2006/2007 Accord - LX, SE, or EX? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 08-09-2009, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Buying a used 2006/2007 Accord - LX, SE, or EX?

I'm looking at a couple used 7th Generation Accords of the LX, SE, and EX trim lines. I was wondering if the EX was worth the extra $800-$1000.

From what I understand, the SE adds alloy wheels and better brakes (rear disk + EBD) and a better audio system.

The EX adds a moonroof and nicer interior. Edit: I see that it also has a security system and heated side mirrors too.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 08-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Insert witty statement

Definitely go for the EX, glad I did. My favorite part is probably the automatic climate control.

2011 HPF coupe V6At

Past:
2004 EX-L coupe
2010 EX V6 coupe
2003 EX coupe
1990 EXR sedan
post #3 of 25 Old 08-09-2009, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

I figure I'll start negotiating a price on an EX first. If I can't get something within my price range I'll move down to an SE and then an LX. Honestly I think I would be happy with any of these cars because they all use the same K24 iVTEC engine, which is a huge step up from the ancient F22B in my current vehicle.

Anyone know about any common issues I should be wary of when I inspect these cars? I am shopping mostly Honda Certified models in order to avoid cars with serious problems, but I am still being vigilant about potential problems.

post #4 of 25 Old 08-09-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiclightbulb View Post
Anyone know about any common issues I should be wary of when I inspect these cars?
The search function is your friend... I'll help you out though.

7th Gen FAQ

I would not "settle" for an LX. I was leasing a 2005 LX and the decision came for me between buying out the lease and financing the 05, purchase a used 7th gen EX for a few $K more, or purchase a used 6th gen EX for half the price. I went with a used 6th gen. Financially it was a better choice and I knew I would be left wanting had I bought out my LX.
post #5 of 25 Old 08-09-2009, 07:41 PM
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm

All the Accords have the same audio system at 120-watts. Some may have a single CD (LX model), others a 6-CD stacker. Only the V6 6-speed manual offered the 180-watt Premium Audio System with a dedicated crossover for the front tweeters. The EX-V6 would be your best choice.
post #6 of 25 Old 08-10-2009, 12:19 AM
4th Gear

I brought a LX and happy with it.

Honda Accord 2007 LX I4
post #7 of 25 Old 08-10-2009, 06:06 AM
Jimmy Rustler

Depends on your budget. You can find great deals on LXs if you don't mind missing out on some options. The LX is sans 16" alloy wheels, 6 disc changer, rear disc brakes, illuminated window switches for the pass and rear doors, overhead ambient lamp, chrome accents on the vents and a different design on the cloth seats. Depending on the year, I believe that 04 is the exception, side airbags are standard on the EX vs optional on the LX. The one you want to avoid is the DX line. Two speakers, no power mirrors, no remote entry, no color keyed mirrors or door handles and no map light.

I got a LX for a few thousand less and found a wrecked EX and scavenged some parts. So I now have the illuminated switches, overhead ambient light w/ homelink and chrome vents for a $100 or so. I also swapped the black plastic center storage bin and shift surround with the brushed aluminum looking one. I then added an outside temp gauge and auto dimming rear view mirror w/ compass.

I can grab some EX wheels off of eBay or CL for a couple of hundred dollars, but the Honda alloys don't hold up too well. Better on going aftermarket. Also a 6-disc radio can be had off of eBay for a couple of hundred too. I don't listen to CDs too often, so it is not a priority. I just added the iPod / Aux adapter to the stock radio and use my iPhone.

2017 Sport SE 6MT in San Marino Red
2012 Pilot EX-L w/ NAV (family truckster)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 25 Old 08-10-2009, 06:23 AM
6th Gear

SE would be fine...
post #9 of 25 Old 08-10-2009, 06:57 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post
All the Accords have the same audio system at 120-watts. Some may have a single CD (LX model), others a 6-CD stacker. Only the V6 6-speed manual offered the 180-watt Premium Audio System with a dedicated crossover for the front tweeters. The EX-V6 would be your best choice.

I'm polarized (4 years now) - yes, you get a more capable (power/6-disc CD et al) audio setup. If you get the 6M, acceleration (QM in about 14.5), fuel efficiency (I routinely get 36 - 37 on I-5) plus all the other Honda perks.

best, ez....

2005 Accord EX V-6 Coupe 6M
Taff. White;cargo net;7-24-05

'13 VW JETTA SPTWGN TDI 6M
Build date:03/12/2013 NO NAV
ZERO SUNROOF:CANDY WHITE

1982 VW Rab. Diesel Pickup 5M
Mojave Beige/ac/bedliner/alloys
(sold to restoration outfit)
post #10 of 25 Old 08-10-2009, 07:20 AM
5th Gear

My parents have a 07 SE v6, and compared to my 06 6MT EXL the fit and finish of interior materials is a lot better on mine. The se is still a great deal though for what it is.

2006 AV6 6sp
post #11 of 25 Old 08-10-2009, 08:23 AM
4th Gear

I think it really just comes down to what your budget is. As you move up the food chain, I do believe that the cars get more bells and whistles proportionate to what Honda charges for them. That is, I think the EX is worth the extra money, if you've got it to spend. But for their respective pricetags, the LX and SE are nice cars as well.

Someone mentioned that the LX has a single-CD, vs the six-CD stacker in the higher grade models. Be aware, though, that the stackers don't shuffle between CDs. Which I am aware a lot of people don't like to shuffle muti-discs anyway, for a number of reasons, but to me, without that capability, there really isn't that much that a changer brings to the table that you aren't already getting from the single-disc player.

Proud owner of a 2007 Honda Accord coupe V6/6MT with navi
Nighthawk black pearl/Ebony leather
Wing spoiler
Fog lights
Parrot bluetooth kit
Sport pedals
VentureShield hood protectant
post #12 of 25 Old 08-10-2009, 02:21 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolefan32 View Post
Be aware, though, that the stackers don't shuffle between CDs..

'fan, I'd sure appreciate clarification of your "shuffle between CDs" - - - -

best, ez....

2005 Accord EX V-6 Coupe 6M
Taff. White;cargo net;7-24-05

'13 VW JETTA SPTWGN TDI 6M
Build date:03/12/2013 NO NAV
ZERO SUNROOF:CANDY WHITE

1982 VW Rab. Diesel Pickup 5M
Mojave Beige/ac/bedliner/alloys
(sold to restoration outfit)
post #13 of 25 Old 08-10-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezshift5 View Post
'fan, I'd sure appreciate clarification of your "shuffle between CDs" - - - -

best, ez....
The 6-CD "stacker" in-dash changer and the 8-CD External Magazine Changer will NOT shuffle songs (random play) between all discs. It will only shuffle play one CD, then go to the next CD.

My old Sony CDX-A15 10-Disc Magazine changer would shuffle songs from any of the 10 CD's loaded. It was a true shuffle play. The Honda External magazine changer does change discs faster than the in-dash 6 CD stacker, so it was upsetting to find out the Honda magazine changer wouldn't do a true shuffle play.
post #14 of 25 Old 08-10-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolefan32 View Post
there really isn't that much that a changer brings to the table that you aren't already getting from the single-disc player.
Except for the convenience and safety of not having to change CD's while driving.
post #15 of 25 Old 08-10-2009, 03:15 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post
Except for the convenience and safety of not having to change CD's while driving.
I'm impressed you need six hours (or more, based on the average CD length) of continuous music before you need to pull over for any reason (a stop that could include changing a CD).

Though I've personally never felt that changing a CD was all that much more distracting than changing a radio station, or talking on a cell phone.

Proud owner of a 2007 Honda Accord coupe V6/6MT with navi
Nighthawk black pearl/Ebony leather
Wing spoiler
Fog lights
Parrot bluetooth kit
Sport pedals
VentureShield hood protectant
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.