how to use touch up paint pen? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-31-2005, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Send a message via Yahoo to trainchaser
how to use touch up paint pen?

...ok, got another little ding in my paint, so I get out my handy dandy genuine Honda touch-up paint pen, the one the guy in the service dept said was better than the bottled stuff, and it says on it to "refer to the application guide before using"...ok, only problem is...what application guide? Never received one, wasn't any mention of needing one, so what gives?

...what is the procedure for using one of these things correctly? seems to me you should apply the paint part when its not too cold or damp out, wait for it to dry, then apply the clear coat part and let that dry...does that sound right? ...speak to me gang, people want to know this stuff...

cheers,

Lorne Miller
05 EX-L deep green pearl
96 Odyssey taffeta white

Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-31-2005, 12:43 PM
04 Accord I4

You should have gotten a pamphlet with it, go back to the dealer and get one.

Off the top of my head (i.e. don't blame me =) you first need to clean/sand rust off the affected area.

Shake the pen and on a piece of cardboard or the like, press the colour tip down until it is saturated with paint.

Apply to the area on the car, carefully. Press the nib against the cardboard again if you need more.

Let dry for probably at least an hour or even overnight; if you apply the clearcoat side too early, it just mixes with the coloured paint and you have to start over.

Check it to see if you need more colour; if so, repeat the above. Otherwise, open the clearcoat side, and apply the nib to the piece of cardboard until the tip is saturated with clearcoat.

Apply carefully over the touched up spot until it is all covered.

Let dry.

'04 CDN Accord LX-G I4
post #3 of 4 Old 08-31-2005, 01:10 PM
3rd Gear

I bought a pen as well, never used it yet. I also did not get any guide or pamphlet. In the mean time, here is an article on repairing chips and scratches. Not "exactly" what you may be looking for, but it definitely is good info:

1991 Accord LX
1992 Civic Si Hatch
1994 Accord EX-R
1994 CBR900RR
2005 Accord LXG
2007 Odyssey EX - Current
2008 Accord LX - Current

post #4 of 4 Old 08-31-2005, 01:11 PM
5th Gear

I just shook mine, then pressed the tip lightly against the target area. A small amount of paint will keep coming out, so only press slightly and see if it's enough. You can always add more when it dries.

Durka Durka
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.