Trunk release issues - MacGuyver vs. MacGruber - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
3Likes
  • 1 Post By qman
  • 1 Post By tinman93
  • 1 Post By RickBlaine
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-19-2015, 06:00 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Trunk release issues - MacGuyver vs. MacGruber

Ive had my trunk release latch in lock position for as long as i can i remember on my 2005. I think the battery just died in my fob. I cant use it on my trunk. I unlocked the latch but nothing happens when i pull it. I managed to get the key in backseat release with great difficulty and only release the passenger side back seat where i pulled out the stuff i need for work like my back pack and vest and little wire which i think controls the backseat lock before accidentally pushing the seat back up. I dont know if its possible now because the first one wont come down, but how do i get all the backseats down so the trunk is bigger? and any suggestions on how to get into my trunk without a fob and stuck latch? i know very little about cars.

Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-19-2015, 06:19 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver151 View Post
and any suggestions on how to get into my trunk without a fob and stuck latch? i know very little about cars.
And you call yourself MacGyver? Time to hire a midget from the circus. It will be cheaper than the dealership.

Just giving you a hard time. Why don't you replace the battery in the key fob?

2003 LX Sedan, i4 + Automatic. 201K and counting.
My toughest oil thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Update your sig with your ride here (10 post minimum req):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-19-2015, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Im just a huge fan of the show. Obviously because he does stuff i cant. yeah changing the battery occurred to me but im not sure when im going to have time to drive to a dealership(oops didnt notice video link before posting.) I could go to a local shop for the latch but i was hoping there might be a quick fix.

and for the record my fob is completely falling apart. i macgyvered it back together with an elastic band so i'll have no trouble getting inside. The guy doesn't mention what type of battery it is though.

And the wire i think i grabbed was just for the back seat pulldown lock. I have no idea why the pullup latch wont work.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-19-2015, 06:32 AM
Out of Control

Yep, quick fix is to get a $6 battery from Walmart. No need for dealership. Once you're in the trunk, resolve all the lockout issues for future incidents.

Quote:
and for the record my fob is completely falling apart. i macgyvered it back together with an elastic band so i'll have no trouble getting inside. The guy doesn't mention what type of battery it is though.
The type of battery is stamped on the back of the dead battery you'll be removing.

2003 LX Sedan, i4 + Automatic. 201K and counting.
My toughest oil thread:

Update your sig with your ride here (10 post minimum req):
post #5 of 7 Old 06-19-2015, 07:26 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
i macgyvered it back together with an elastic band
There's no way you macgyvered it back together. If you did it would work. You jerry rigged it.

And BTW, it takes like 2 minutes to replace a battery.
RickBlaine likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-19-2015, 07:26 AM
4th Gear

Looks like you should have ordered the most important option:

qman likes this.

2015 Black Accord Coupe EX MT
1/15/15
Current Mods:
Door edge guards
Custom Pistol Grip Shifter
Honda OEM All Weather Mats
Honda OEM Trunk Liner
WeatherTech Window Vents
35% Tint all around with 15% windshield strip
OEM Splash Guards
OEM Cargo Net
To be Completed:
LED/Who Knows?
post #7 of 7 Old 06-19-2015, 07:54 AM

Thanked 1,913 Times in 1,361 Posts
Did you MacGuyver it?....

.....or did you MacGruber it?

YOU DECIDE!
qman likes this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.