throttle body spacer? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-05-2009, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Send a message via AIM to A1one1nDarkness
throttle body spacer?

hey guys, im looking at some throttle body spacers for my I4 2005 accord and i was wondering do they really help or is it just a waste of money?

or

thanks for the help

Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-05-2009, 01:06 PM
1st Gear

They are a waste of money. If they worked, don't you think Honda would design the intake manifold to include all the magic properties that the vendors are claiming?

Up to a 22 hp increase? Give me a break! If you believe those claims, I've got some waterfront property I'd like to sell you.

2006 V6 6MT EX Sedan
post #3 of 10 Old 03-06-2009, 01:17 PM
'09 TL SH AWD Tech

They may do give some advantage on the track, but in real life driving, heat somehow finds its way all over the place. Same with the intake manifold spacer.

post #4 of 10 Old 03-06-2009, 01:21 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyWare View Post
They may do give some advantage on the track, but in real life driving, heat somehow finds its way all over the place. Same with the intake manifold spacer.
I dont think that is the purpose of those type of throttle body spacers. If I remember correctly they attempt to creats a vortex so the fuel atomizes better.

Looking to make a nice car even nicer....

2003 Accord EX-L AV6
post #5 of 10 Old 03-06-2009, 03:44 PM
I snapped my G string....

Send a message via Yahoo to Honda247 Send a message via Skype™ to Honda247
I have a P2R TB and love it......

2009 Civic EX TW
K&N Drop in Filter (33-2342)
Eibach SportLines (4.3140)
Apexcone Raptor V2 35W 5000K HIDs (9006)
Nokyas Hyper Yellow Stage1 2500k High/DRL (9005)
Nokyas Hyper Yellow Stage1 2500k Fogs (H11)
Painted Engine Cover

FRANCI5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 10 Old 03-07-2009, 01:09 AM
Noob City Resident

I bought one for my car (your 2nd link), thinking it would work on my 06. It didn't. The instructions clearly showed a slightly different layout/wiring. If you wanna try it, I'll sell it for $40 shipped.

Chlorophyl??? More like BOROphyl....

No mo Volks...
post #7 of 10 Old 03-08-2009, 09:07 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyWare View Post
I've been racing for a long time, and no one uses them at the track. Throttle body spacers give no advantage, except to the vendor that sells them to gullible buyers.

2006 V6 6MT EX Sedan
post #8 of 10 Old 03-08-2009, 01:57 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Boy View Post
I've been racing for a long time, and no one uses them at the track. Throttle body spacers give no advantage, except to the vendor that sells them to gullible buyers.
Ive seen dynos with and without and there is an increase of power in the top end.....now granted they could have been on different days with different barometric pressure, tempature, etc. I just like to go on the good faith principle. Ive had one and could feel a little more pull at the top end. I mean there are definetly better mods for money/power ratio but if youve got all the bolt ons already might as well give it a shot.

2003 Accord EX-L AV6
post #9 of 10 Old 03-08-2009, 07:38 PM
1st Gear

I would be shocked if back-to-back dyno runs without/with a TB spacer showed improvement.

Racers are pretty much only interested in top-end power, because that is where you keep the engine spinning. If they worked, then you would see them being used at the track. Theoretically, adding a TB spacer increases the length of the intake tract, which normally helps low-end power. If the spacer worked, it seems that it would show an improvement in lower-end torque.

I don't mean to come across as a curmudgeon, but the claims are just too good to be true. The car makers spend thousands of hours and millions of dollars developing their engine packages. Don't you think that if they could get an extra 20 - 25 horsepower by making such a minor change, they would? Having a 20 horsepower advantage over your competitors would be a tremendous marketing advantage. Honda generally makes excellent engines that are very efficient and have very good specific outputs, so I think that they really do know what they are doing.

2006 V6 6MT EX Sedan
post #10 of 10 Old 03-08-2009, 07:43 PM
4th Gear

Oh well if anyone is claiming 20 Hp for a TBS they are obviously blowing smoke. I just know that Ive seen dynos with increases but not anywhere even close to 20 hp LOL

2003 Accord EX-L AV6
Advertisement

Tags
2005, body, spacer, throttle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.