Engine dress up - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 10-21-2014, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
VaderAccord

Engine dress up

Hey guys I have a 2003 Accord EX 2.4L with a Weapon R Dragon intake and would love to put an engine dress up kit under the hood. Looking for red. I just am not sure as to what size hoses I need. Any help would be very much appreciated. Also, are silicone hoses okay to use?

Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 10-21-2014, 06:36 PM
6th Gear

This should help you:

Betty White's thread.
Betty White "progress thread"

Carlos
Honda Civic 2009 EX Sedan - Royal Blue Pearl -
Honda Accord 2003 EX Sedan - Taffeta White - Sold 12/15/14
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NightFire For This Useful Post:
bobbo (10-21-2014), Stoneboy (10-21-2014)
post #3 of 25 Old 10-21-2014, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
VaderAccord

Thanx man. Betty White is one good looking Accord. My 03 is all blacked out. What about the hoses that can be changed to colored ones? I'd love to change the radiator hose and any other hose I can to red. I just don't know the sizes or which ones are even changable. I think the radiator hose is a 3" hose just not 100% sure. Any ideas?

post #4 of 25 Old 10-21-2014, 07:20 PM
BRWNFLSH now

Just make sure it's a quality made hose. Don't replace a good Honda hose with some cheap aftermarket crap that will fail on you, just because it is Red. I wonder if there is some kind of paint or dye that would work to make the stock hose Red, without damage to the hose.

92 EX Sedan auto (RBM) - sold after 12 years (140k miles)
03 EX V6 Sedan auto (NBP, then Ford Blue) - traded in after 13 years (135k miles)
16 EX I4 CVT with sensing (KCM) - 14,000 miles so far
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BLCKFLSH For This Useful Post:
bobbo (10-21-2014), Stoneboy (10-21-2014)
post #5 of 25 Old 10-21-2014, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
VaderAccord

That's why I'm posting here because I want to make sure I get a quality hose. I have some red caliper paint ( Spray and brush on ) and if anything would work I would think that would be it. Just not sure. I would prefer and actual red hose but if there are no good ones then painting maybe they way to go.
post #6 of 25 Old 10-21-2014, 08:52 PM
Bob's your UNCLE ...

I pop into this thread, totally expecting to throw down a nice engine bay pic ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightFire View Post
This should help you:

Betty White's thread.
Betty White "progress thread"
Only to play seconds' to Carlos !!! Good looking out mate ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneboy View Post
Thanx man. Betty White is one good looking Accord. My 03 is all blacked out. What about the hoses that can be changed to colored ones? I'd love to change the radiator hose and any other hose I can to red. I just don't know the sizes or which ones are even changable. I think the radiator hose is a 3" hose just not 100% sure. Any ideas?
Whichever avenue you venture down, please don't make it fully red and go overboard ... be tasteful son.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-'07 K24/AT SE CM5

P&P ’08 TSX IM|P&P OEM Injector Base|’08 TSX TB|HPS short ram intake w/ K&N|wrapped headers
6-6 strut tower brace|Megan Racing strut tower brace|TL-S FSB|TL-S RSB
HDR grills|JDM emblems|HFP front lip|Inspire fogs|Mugen side sills|OEM deck-lid spoiler|OEM Hybrid tails|17"x7" EP-R5 (HFP) rims
ELM 327 Bluetooth|USA Spec BT-35 HON|Kicker CS65's|Kicker CS693's|LED interior bulbs
The Following User Says Thank You to bobbo For This Useful Post:
NightFire (10-22-2014)
post #7 of 25 Old 10-21-2014, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
VaderAccord

I love how you painted the engine cover red. I'm gonna do that next. What kind of strut bar is that you have?
post #8 of 25 Old 10-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Bob's your UNCLE ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneboy View Post
I love how you painted the engine cover red. I'm gonna do that next. What kind of strut bar is that you have?
Well, Betty's so special she runs two - just to be unique. That's how she rolls.

The one painted red comes from a V6 MT (brand new ordered for a 2007 6-6 coupe) - coupe, sedan doesn't mater, only the V6's equipped with MT have them stock.

The chrome one is a Megan Racing strut brace.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-'07 K24/AT SE CM5

P&P ’08 TSX IM|P&P OEM Injector Base|’08 TSX TB|HPS short ram intake w/ K&N|wrapped headers
HDR grills|JDM emblems|HFP front lip|Inspire fogs|Mugen side sills|OEM deck-lid spoiler|OEM Hybrid tails|17"x7" EP-R5 (HFP) rims
ELM 327 Bluetooth|USA Spec BT-35 HON|Kicker CS65's|Kicker CS693's|LED interior bulbs
Stoneboy (10-21-2014)
post #9 of 25 Old 10-21-2014, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
VaderAccord

OK cool. I definitely won't be going too crazy with the red. Thought about the engine cover and radiator hose and a strut bar. The only other red on Vader are the brake calipers. Just not sure where to find a good red radiator hose.
post #10 of 25 Old 10-22-2014, 07:45 AM
Bob's your UNCLE ...

Get yourself a $1 roll of red electrical tape, and wrap that rad hose ... then step back two feet and see if you actually like it. At least you can see what it'll look like red and make a decision from there.

Hose dress up kits are a dime a dozen on the interwebs - but heed BLCKFLSH's advice, and don't put cheap aftermarket crap in your engine bay just to look cool ... if that rad hose fails while your driving, that won't be cool at all mate.

-'07 K24/AT SE CM5

post #11 of 25 Old 10-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Roll Tide!

That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more. Ima have to out Bobbo once and for all.

Guys, the pic Bobbo keeps posting is NOT of his engine bay. It's a photoshop of a clean engine pic he grabbed off this forum.

This is his engine bay.....

Sorry Bobbo. You should have sent the money.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

The Following User Says Thank You to jimijam For This Useful Post:
bobbo (10-22-2014)
post #12 of 25 Old 10-22-2014, 12:42 PM
Bob's your UNCLE ...

Dammit Jim ... I can keep up with your payments, honest, just give me 1 more week !?!

Ah well - since it's all coming out anyway ... I actually drive a Camry. "Betty White" is just some random dude's car I grab pics of off CarDomian ...

-'07 K24/AT SE CM5

jimijam (10-22-2014)
post #13 of 25 Old 10-22-2014, 12:51 PM
Out of Control

Never understood the whole painting under the hood thing. Are you guys entering car shows or are you going "pssst" and flipping the hood open when people walk by? (flasher style)

2003 LX Sedan, i4 + Automatic. 201K and counting.
My toughest oil thread:

Update your sig with your ride here (10 post minimum req):
post #14 of 25 Old 10-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Bob's your UNCLE ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew03Accord View Post
Never understood the whole painting under the hood thing. Are you guys entering car shows or are you going "pssst" and flipping the hood open when people walk by? (flasher style)
Betty's a straight up flasher ... won't even pretend to deny it. She's got a wrap sheet longer than her carfax report for indecent exposure tickets.

In all seriousness though Drew, I'm the only one who sees it, and I'm the only one who cares ... it's a personal thing. Like people who choose to eat gluten-free ...

-'07 K24/AT SE CM5

post #15 of 25 Old 10-23-2014, 08:11 AM
5th Gear

i was wondering in what driving situations does a person see your engine bay? Or ever going to a store or something..? i cant think of a situation where i stop some where and pop my hood open? dont get my wrong.. i think it looks nice! besides you, and people on here, who see's it ?

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.