Adjusting front bumper - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-16-2014, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Adjusting front bumper

I noticed the other day that my front bumper is a little bit loose in the area behind the right headlight. The right side of the bumper is sticking out about 1/4-1/2 inch more than the other side, and I can start to see some of the rectangular holes for the clips in the area that's sticking out a bit.

I've looked through the service manual, but the pictures for bumper removal/installation weren't really all that detailed. Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the bumper so that the hooks under the headlight can be re-attached to the holes in the bumper? Or would that require bumper removal?

2003 EX-L I4 5AT Sedan
2007 LX I4 5AT Sedan
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-16-2014, 08:56 AM
I detail my car, a lot.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03EX View Post
I noticed the other day that my front bumper is a little bit loose in the area under the right headlight. The right side of the bumper is sticking out about 1/4-1/2 inch more than the other side, and I can start to see some of the rectangular holes for the clips in the area that's sticking out a bit.

I've looked through the service manual, but the pictures for bumper removal/installation weren't really all that detailed. Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the bumper so that the hooks under the headlight can be re-attached to the holes in the bumper? Or would that require bumper removal?
Open your hood and remove your radiator cover (very easy just ten clips), then on the either side of the car right above the upper grill, where the two panels meet there is a plastic piece that should be wedged between two metal pieces. Check that and then check the screw in the wheel well. The bumper for the most part just snaps into place you may be able to push it in to place. However the actual removal of the bumper (cover) is dead simple, I was worried I couldn't do it when installing my fog lights but it really is super simple!

2007 Accord V6 EX-L Navi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4 Door AT ASM
All Factory except: Inspire fogs, dash camera, AUX jack, reverse camera, condenser protection mod, speaker upgrades, interior LED swap, OEM shift boot, 35% tint, WeatherTech mats
Future Dreams: Auto Day/Night mirror, Hybrid side mirrors
120K Miles (as of October2017) - Heath
The Following User Says Thank You to heathmc For This Useful Post:
RickBlaine (07-16-2014)
post #3 of 7 Old 07-16-2014, 09:04 AM

Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,377 Posts
Just to add on heathmc's statement- it would be better (and easier to simply remove the bumper cover, then re-install it. It can be difficult to "push in" or correct one small area of the bumper cover when the rest of it is firmly attached to the car. Been there, done that.
The Following User Says Thank You to RickBlaine For This Useful Post:
heathmc (07-16-2014)

post #4 of 7 Old 07-16-2014, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Just for clarification, I circled the part that's sticking out a bit more than usual. I incorrectly said before that the part sticking out was under the headlight, but really it's actually behind the headlight. All other parts of the bumper seem to be lined up correctly. So without removing the bumper, there isn't an easy way to "re-hook" that side?

I'll take a look at the clips under the radiator cover today.

2003 EX-L I4 5AT Sedan
2007 LX I4 5AT Sedan
The Following User Says Thank You to 03EX For This Useful Post:
RickBlaine (07-16-2014)
post #5 of 7 Old 07-16-2014, 09:58 AM

Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,377 Posts
You can try, but I will bet the answer is "no". There is a sequence to install these bumper COVERS, and starting/ending at the area you circled is NOT it.

I would try, however, by removing the screw in the wheel well and unfastening everything up to that point, then try to re-insert. But you really should inspect all the bumper cover fasteners to see if any are broken off.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-16-2014, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
You can try, but I will bet the answer is "no". There is a sequence to install these bumper COVERS, and starting/ending at the area you circled is NOT it.

I would try, however, by removing the screw in the wheel well and unfastening everything up to that point, then try to re-insert. But you really should inspect all the bumper cover fasteners to see if any are broken off.
Will do, thanks. Going to check tonight to see if anything is loose or broken.

2003 EX-L I4 5AT Sedan
2007 LX I4 5AT Sedan
post #7 of 7 Old 07-16-2014, 10:22 AM
I detail my car, a lot.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03EX View Post
Will do, thanks. Going to check tonight to see if anything is loose or broken.
Completely agree with Rick, I recently removed by bumper cover and tried to document it here Mine. Princess PDF's.
Hope this helps!

2007 Accord V6 EX-L Navi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4 Door AT ASM
All Factory except: Inspire fogs, dash camera, AUX jack, reverse camera, condenser protection mod, speaker upgrades, interior LED swap, OEM shift boot, 35% tint, WeatherTech mats
Future Dreams: Auto Day/Night mirror, Hybrid side mirrors
120K Miles (as of October2017) - Heath
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.