TL front strut tower bar... - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 03-27-2005, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Trip
TL front strut tower bar...

Hi all - another newbie joining the club.

These Accord dedicated forums are awesome.

My question: I've searched on "TL front strut bar" and a few other phrases but keep turning up threads about the TL rear sway bar mod or the Accord V6 6-speed front tower brace.

I've heard other people mention that the TL front tower brace works in the 2003 and up Accords...and it's easier to install because you don't have to remove the 45 degree braces that are in there aready. Any info would be appreciated.

Tks!

Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-27-2005, 12:38 PM
1st Gear

strut tower bar

I installed the 6 speed v6 front strut bar on my sedan. I did have to remove the stock bars to get the 6 speed bar in place. The installation was a bit of fun but nothing that you cant do with a few common tools. And yes you can buy aftermarket strut bars that are more expensive but easier to mount. I think neuspeed has them but I am not sure. I think I paid about 86 for the factory bar. If the aftermarket bars are in the 110 area - go that way as your time savings will be worth the extra dollars. IMO. good luck

post #3 of 12 Old 03-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Out of Control

Some have commented that the aftermarket strut bars actually wouldn't be as good as the stock 6-speed ones. They make a good point, and it certainly is possible once you see the design of them. Not proven either way, but something to think about

post #4 of 12 Old 03-28-2005, 03:22 AM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

My question: I've searched on "TL front strut bar" and a few other phrases but keep turning up threads about the TL rear sway bar mod or the Accord V6 6-speed front tower brace.
I've heard other people mention that the TL front tower brace works in the 2003 and up Accords...and it's easier to install because you don't have to remove the 45 degree braces that are in there aready. Any info would be appreciated.

Does anyone have an answer? Sorry to say I do not. If correct this would be an easy mod.
post #5 of 12 Old 03-28-2005, 06:12 AM
radio-pro.ru Sponsor

I've actually sold quite a few of the rears, but not the fronts for some reason. I'm inclined to think that because of that, that it won't work.......
post #6 of 12 Old 03-28-2005, 06:13 AM
6 fwd gears, no reverse

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
has anyone ever, ever thought about a rear strut bar? i mean we got the rear sway bar which connects the wheels underneath the car, but has anyone though about a rear strut bar that connects the top of the two rear struts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack
It seems the only thing folks in NYC understand is lawyers or the taleban.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 Old 03-28-2005, 10:54 AM
1st Gear

Send a message via MSN to Spoon_Inspire
sorry, but i'm not quite getting this thread...i don't think the original question has been answered yet...

so DOES the front TL strut bar fit or not??

how about RL since they have that thick strutbar in the front???

and what's the deal with this 6 speed bar?? is there a different for a 4 banger and a 6?? sorry, newbie here
post #8 of 12 Old 03-28-2005, 11:43 AM
6 fwd gears, no reverse

sorry spoon for not answering your question, here you go, i believe the front tl bar will fit.

if u already have the rear tl bar good for you if not go get it straight away, and get the 20 mm if u can handle a stiffer rear (lil more prone to oversteer)

if u have the i4, then i would suggest getting the front sway from the 6 speed. you can get the tl but i dont know how easy and all it will be to install etc etc.

you can easily get the parts from a honda acura dealer.

owace

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 12 Old 03-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Out of Control

I don't think a rear strut tower bar is going to work. On my friends Prelude, the rear strut towers protrude into the trunk so there are mounting points. Yesterday, I took all the carpeting and stuff out of the trunk to install insulation, and there were no strut towers. I'd say the 7th gen is pretty much the same story.

Sorry can't say much more than that.
post #10 of 12 Old 03-28-2005, 08:10 PM
6 fwd gears, no reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiBoy650
I don't think a rear strut tower bar is going to work. On my friends Prelude, the rear strut towers protrude into the trunk so there are mounting points. Yesterday, I took all the carpeting and stuff out of the trunk to install insulation, and there were no strut towers. I'd say the 7th gen is pretty much the same story.

Sorry can't say much more than that.

it would fit right underneath where the speakers are. when you change out ur rear struts you have to take the whole rear dash out (that big plastic thing behind ur seat all the way to your mirror and houses ur speaker)

should do wonders though if we have it.

Quote:

post #11 of 12 Old 03-28-2005, 09:24 PM
1st Gear

Send a message via MSN to Spoon_Inspire
owace: thanx man
post #12 of 12 Old 04-08-2005, 08:00 AM
2004 Honda Accord EX-L

Smile

Long time guest/newly registerd user

I recently have asked the same question as the OP. I previously purchased the front and rear sway bars from the 2004 Acura TL. I got the rear installed and am about to get the front installed as well. I wanted to get the Front Strut Bar of the TL as well, so I asked around. The answer I got was no. So I bought the Strut bar from the 6 Speed Accord. Funny thing is, the Accord Strut is twice the price of the Acura Strut. So, if someone could provide a definite answer as to if you can install the 2004 Acura TL Front Strut Bar onto an Accord, then I'm gonna return it. BTW, I have a 2004 Accord Sedan.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.