Check engine light on but no codes - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-07-2014, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Check engine light on but no codes

The other day my check engine light came on. I took it to 2 auto parts stores for them to scan the code but neither of them could find anything. The car runs fine. Is it safe to ignore it and continue driving?

Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-08-2014, 04:07 AM
I detail my car, a lot.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicyjay View Post
The other day my check engine light came on. I took it to 2 auto parts stores for them to scan the code but neither of them could find anything. The car runs fine. Is it safe to ignore it and continue driving?
Did they reset the light? Did it reappear?

2007 Accord V6 EX-L Navi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4 Door AT ASM
All Factory except: Inspire fogs, dash camera, AUX jack, reverse camera, condenser protection mod, speaker upgrades, interior LED swap, OEM shift boot, 35% tint, WeatherTech mats
Future Dreams: Auto Day/Night mirror, Hybrid side mirrors
120K Miles (as of October2017) - Heath
post #3 of 7 Old 05-08-2014, 12:55 PM
6th Gear

Disconnect battery terminals, connect the terminals together for 10 seconds (off the battery of course), then reconnect them to the battery. Make sure you have your radio code handy. If the CEL pops up again have the code read again.

Carlos
Honda Civic 2009 EX Sedan - Royal Blue Pearl -
Honda Accord 2003 EX Sedan - Taffeta White - Sold 12/15/14

post #4 of 7 Old 05-08-2014, 04:56 PM
1st Gear

Perhaps there is a Honda's Specific trouble code instead of a generic one and their OBD scanners are not able to read it.
If I were you I would take it to the dealer, the light came on for a reason.

Regards
post #5 of 7 Old 05-30-2014, 10:56 AM
3rd Gear

Running into the same issue. Just waiting for the CEL to come on again then it's off to the dealer. My CEL has been turning on every few weeks or so for the last three months and only stays on for about a day or two. I was scheduled to have it checked out today but the light was off this morning. Dealer said to come back when it's on.

'17 Accord EX Sedan I4 6MT MSM
'06 Accord LX Sedan I4 5MT ASM (Traded in at 230,600 miles)
post #6 of 7 Old 05-30-2014, 07:02 PM
Reflections Auto Detail

Am I missing something here or do the Honda specific codes not get stored like the OBD codes? I would think that if a code was set regardless of the particular system that threw it, it would still be in memory.

2003 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 3.0L V6 A/T
220,200 miles on original transmission!
Satin Silver
Full Nose Mask & Bra
SuperBrite Interior LED Kit
Eagle Alloys Chrome 192's
Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 245/45/17 Tires

"You may want to invest in a torque wrench, since your torque by feel only consists of gorilla mode." - Drew03Accord

Eat, Sleep, Detail, Repeat.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-01-2014, 08:34 PM
6th Gear

you probably have a transmission code. generally a pcm code will set with it indicating you to check for a transmission fault but not always.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.