Replacement key? - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 19 Old 06-22-2011, 09:05 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazy View Post
Hye, Iím a new member hereÖ Iíve big prob right now.. Iíve lost both of my car keys.. Iíve tow my car to Honda service centre to keep safe of the car.. and the replacement cost is around rm3450.. I donít know, can I get other solution to replace it that maybe a bit cheaper compare to the original set by honda.. you know guys.. raya is just around the corner.. some more.. my road tax gonna expired by this end of jun.. it will cost me around 3k++.. owhhh please guys.. help me.. accord latest model.. 2010.. plsÖ

pls help me.. can contact me if you dont mind at / 0173966800.
If Google is correct, 3450 rm = 1140 USD... which seems very excessive for one or two new keys. However, not living anywhere near you it's hard to judge what is a "fair cost" for the local area... but that does seem ridiculous...

Are there other Honda dealers near you?

2007 Accord Coupe V6 6-Speed MT
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 06-23-2011, 01:28 AM
4th Gear

and :

judging from the monetary currency, i think he is a Malaysian. Lost both his key, have 8th gen accord....

: get the number given to you on the key set (the number/barcode) when you first purchase your car. The dealer should be able to make a copy of your key.

'87 accord
'92 accord
'96 civic (current car)
'01 accord (current car)
'06 accord (current car)
always been a Honda family :)
post #18 of 19 Old 06-24-2011, 06:04 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadz View Post
Stick it in a bag of rice for a day or two. Rice will absorb the moisture.
+1 on that. I used to sell for Verizon and I would see many phones come back from the dead doing that. I have a piece of equipment that hooks up to me that is supposed to help with the pain and I droped it in the toilet and it stopped working, a couple days in a bag of rice on my cable box and it was good as new.

2006 Honda Accord Sedan VP 2.4L Auto

Mods:
Custom bent 2 1/2" High Performance Catback Exhaust with Cherry Bomb Turbo Muffler, Weapon R Dragon cold air intake with optional ram air charge and heat shield, Chrome Trim around wheel wells, Ugraded Tire Width to 215/60/15 from stock 195/65/15, Rear Wing, Racing stripes, Hood scoop, Pin strips, Honda Windows Logo, AM Rims, Rear Speakers

Planned Mods
Window Tint, New Wheels, TSX Intake Manifold, Coilovers, TSX headers, Body Kit.

post #19 of 19 Old 06-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Murphy was an optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadz View Post
Stick it in a bag of rice for a day or two. Rice will absorb the moisture.
what a true "ricer" solution that is !

2003 Accord i4 AT EX Coupe black/black
97 Isuzu Rodeo 4x4 (00-11) 96 Ford Ranger Xtend (97-00) 88 Maxima wagon (92-97) 85 Toyota Celica (88-92)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.