Code P2279: Intake Air System Leak - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-20-2014, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Code P2279: Intake Air System Leak

I just got done doing a valve adjustment and I got this code. I've checked all the hoses, there are no tears in the intake tube, and even redid everything by changing out the intake manifold gasket and cleaning the mating surfaces. When I let go of the gas, there's a slight bucking, with means it might be the IAC. On the V6, there are two hoses running to the IAC on the bottom of the throttle body and they both look fine. My only other option now is to replace the Honda plate gasket on top of the manifold. But besides that, do you guys have any ideas on what to look for? I've performed an idle relearn procedure as well.

Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-20-2014, 07:59 PM
Out of Control

The 2 hoses on the IAC are coolant lines. The computer has detected a condition that might indicate an intake air system leak.

Check for vacuum leaks at these parts

PCV Valve
PCV hose
Purge line
Throttle body
Intake manifold
Brake booster hose

If those all check ok
Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3000 rpm without load in park or neutral until the radiator fan comes on and let idle 1 minute.

Current Honda vehicles
2010 Acura RDX Turbo AWD/Tech 67k miles - Daily Driver
2013 Accord EX-L I4 Auto 53k miles Black Pearl - Wife's car
2005 Acura TSX Auto 208k miles - Youngest Daughter
2013 FIT Sport Auto - 24k miles - Oldest Daughters car
Former Honda Vehicles
2001 Acura MDX Totaled t223k
1991 Accord LX auto sold 185k miles
1995 GSR sold miles
1991 Civic SI Crushed by a tree during a tornado 1997
1989 Prelude SI soldr miles
1986 Civic 5 speed sold miles
The Following User Says Thank You to greg1c For This Useful Post:
RickBlaine (06-10-2014)
post #3 of 4 Old 06-09-2014, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Just wanted to update this thread in case anyone ever runs across this issue. I spent a lot of time looking over the hoses near the back of the engine and throttle body since a lot of them had to be removed during the valve adjustment process but everything was fine. I saw an oil leak near my dipstick and thought my valve cover gaskets were leaking even though I just changed them. Took off the plastic engine cover and my PCV valve was missing! The little sticker diagram under the hood threw me off because it was so small and I mistakenly thought the little hose next to the PCV valve was the valve itself. Simple fix. I took this change to replace it anyways as it's a wear item.

Thanks to greg1c for the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to nuron For This Useful Post:
RickBlaine (06-10-2014)

post #4 of 4 Old 06-10-2014, 06:37 AM

Are you seeing oil mist accumulating around the intake manifold top cover?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.