2004 Accor EX- Where is AUX Input - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-03-2008, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

2004 Accor EX- Where is AUX Input

Hi, I just bought a used 2004 accord coupe EX. And since it didnt have a manual, I cant figure out where the AUX-input is?

Thanx in advance.

Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-03-2008, 06:59 PM
3rd Gear

An MP3/aux jack was not available in pre-'08 Accords.

My silver Honda family:

2008 Honda Accord EXLV6 sedan with Navigation
Alabaster Silver with Gray leather
Installed accessories: splash guards, trunk tray.

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL with moonroof.
Billet Silver with Gray leather
Installed accessories: fog lights, bug deflector, running boards, day/night mirror

Previous Honda/Acura vehicles:
1999 Acura TL with Navigation.
2001 Accord V6 sedan.
2004 Accord V6 sedan.
2004 Accord V6 coupe with Navigation.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-03-2008, 07:08 PM

The Aux input is under the radio. You get to it by removing the cubby.

2007 EX-L 4DR

post #4 of 11 Old 04-04-2008, 04:46 AM
2nd Gear

Is there an Aux input in the NAV unit??

Mine - Pearl Gray 04 EX6AT, w/Nav, illegal tinted widows, TL-S sway bars front and rear, Koni Sports and Eibach Pro-Line Springs

Wifes - 02 Ody (God, I hate vans)
post #5 of 11 Old 04-04-2008, 05:34 AM
Jeeps like to be muddy

Send a message via AIM to Accordtx1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcritter View Post
Is there an Aux input in the NAV unit??
Yes, there is... it is a white 20 pin connector that can be reached by taking out the storage bin.

2004 Ex-L (AT) Navi, 99K
Foglamps,TL-20mm Rear sway bar, Honda MP3 player,
Auto-dimming Mirror, V6-6speed Tower brace,
Parrot 3200 LS Bluetooth, Infinity Kappas 692.7i Rear, Infinity Kappas 50.7 Front
Navi 2.0 -> .5 goodwill from Honda

2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew - 10K
Tool box, Floorliners
[B]AVG MPG: 18.678[B]
post #6 of 11 Old 04-04-2008, 06:33 AM
2008 Acura TL-S

You also need an adapter from Denison or something in order to use the AUX input.
post #7 of 11 Old 04-04-2008, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Couldnt find it inside the cubby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LXV6 View Post
The Aux input is under the radio. You get to it by removing the cubby.
Could someone let me kno if there is one in 2004 Accord Coupe EX. And where exaclty is it.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-04-2008, 05:54 PM

It is not the type of aux input you are probably thinking of. You have to purchase a separate adapter which plugs into the back of your factory radio in the place where a honda cd changer would plug into. Heres a link This will give you rca outputs to which you would attach a rca to headphone jack adapter(which you also need to buy). This jack would then plug into your mp3 players headphone jack.
Here is a site that shows how to get access to the radio.

Current
2006 Honda Accord Lx 4dr 4cyl
Eibach Pro Kit
35% tint in front / 5% tint in back
Ingalls rear camber kit

Past
1998 Honda Civic Ex 2dr
1995 Honda Civic Dx 2dr
1992 Honda Civic Hatch
1993 Honda CRX
1986 Honda Prelude

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 11 Old 04-04-2008, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06accord View Post
It is not the type of aux input you are probably thinking of. You have to purchase a separate adapter which plugs into the back of your factory radio in the place where a honda cd changer would plug into. Heres a link This will give you rca outputs to which you would attach a rca to headphone jack adapter(which you also need to buy). This jack would then plug into your mp3 players headphone jack.
Here is a site that shows how to get access to the radio.
Hi, Thx for the reply. But I read in some website that an IPOD adapter is reqd if we wanna control the IPOD from our car stereo, but the simplest thing to do is to use a cable with two headphones jack one goes to the ipod and the other to the AUX -Input. Does 2004 Accord Coupe EX has an AUX-IN where I can plug the headphone jack as I dont wanna go for an adapter.
Thx
post #10 of 11 Old 04-04-2008, 06:37 PM
1st Gear

You can't. That's what they're saying. There isn't one.

I wanted the same thing with my 2004 Accord EX L but I need to buy a separate adapter to give me the port I want.

I know that you just want to run a cable from the headphone jack to the stereo, but you can't.

I just bought an adapter from ebay that has the aux port, as well as usb and sd slots. Search this forum for MP3 and you'll find the thread quick.

Current:
2004 Honda Accord EX-L

Gone but not forgotten:
1991 Honda Civic DX
1987 Honda Accord S
1981 Honda Civic
post #11 of 11 Old 04-06-2008, 10:05 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda again View Post
You can't. That's what they're saying. There isn't one.

I wanted the same thing with my 2004 Accord EX L but I need to buy a separate adapter to give me the port I want.

I know that you just want to run a cable from the headphone jack to the stereo, but you can't.

I just bought an adapter from ebay that has the aux port, as well as usb and sd slots. Search this forum for MP3 and you'll find the thread quick.
yup, im guessing there must have been an aux input somewher for the euro/japan accords but if those people want an aux, they will have to purchase an adapter like DICE, etc that can be found on ebay

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.