USA 2006 accord to jap/euro accord tsx front end conversion. - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 01-13-2014, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Question USA 2006 accord to jap/euro accord tsx front end conversion.

I've been looking for info as if it can be done or not. I wanna swap the front end from the 06 accord with the one overseas. The headlights are shaped better and aren't the huge triangular shape like with the USA ones. I think the overseas ones have smaller dimensions so Idk if it would.

Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 01-13-2014, 08:38 AM
5th Gear

Sorry, but why would you even want to try such a thing? Different cars have different looks. IMO, it is a waste of money to attempt this.

2012 Toyota Avalon Limited, Magnetic Grey - Wife's Car
2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite, Alabaster Silver - Family Hauler/My daily ride
2003 Accord EXV6, 5AT Sedan- Sold

Current OEM: Moonroof Visor, Window Visors, Roof Rails, Crossbars, Body Side Moldings, Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Door-Sill Garnish, All-Weather Floor Mats, Wheel Locks
Future OEM: Remote Engine Start

"Performance modifications are not worth the hassle on an old daily ride. Buy a performance car instead " - Accord_Rules
post #3 of 20 Old 01-13-2014, 08:51 AM
Bob's your UNCLE ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterDroski View Post
I've been looking for info as if it can be done or not. I wanna swap the front end from the 06 accord with the one overseas. The headlights are shaped better and aren't the huge triangular shape like with the USA ones. I think the overseas ones have smaller dimensions so Idk if it would.
I would think that a decent '06 Acura TSX, and a Honda emblems swap would probably come out to around the same price no ?

Someone might correct me, but wouldn't this entale MAJOR fab work to the hood, quarter panels, fascia, mounting ; and electrial ... Anything can be done with the right amount of money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-'07 K24/AT SE CM5

P&P 08 TSX IM|P&P OEM Injector Base|08 TSX TB|HPS short ram intake w/ K&N|wrapped headers
6-6 strut tower brace|Megan Racing strut tower brace|TL-S FSB|TL-S RSB
HDR grills|JDM emblems|HFP front lip|Inspire fogs|Mugen side sills|OEM deck-lid spoiler|OEM Hybrid tails|17"x7" EP-R5 (HFP) rims
ELM 327 Bluetooth|USA Spec BT-35 HON|Kicker CS65's|Kicker CS693's|LED interior bulbs

post #4 of 20 Old 01-13-2014, 09:41 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
I would think that a decent '06 Acura TSX, and a Honda emblems swap would probably come out to around the same price no ?

Someone might correct me, but wouldn't this entale MAJOR fab work to the hood, quarter panels, fascia, mounting ; and electrial ... Anything can be done with the right amount of money.
Yes, it would be much easier for OP to sell his Accord, buy a TSX, and swap the Acura emblems to Honda ones.

I know of many Integra Type-R and NSX owners who do this, and since a TSX is basically a rebadged European Accord Type S, it would make more sense to get a TSX if you like that look.

There are even threads on other forums from people who have done the TSX --> European Accord conversion

2003 EX-L I4 5AT Sedan
2007 LX I4 5AT Sedan
post #5 of 20 Old 01-13-2014, 09:46 AM
5th Gear

Egzaktly! TSX is the same as European Accord. Getting a TSX would be a better option.

2012 Toyota Avalon Limited, Magnetic Grey - Wife's Car
2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite, Alabaster Silver - Family Hauler/My daily ride
2003 Accord EXV6, 5AT Sedan- Sold

Current OEM: Moonroof Visor, Window Visors, Roof Rails, Crossbars, Body Side Moldings, Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Door-Sill Garnish, All-Weather Floor Mats, Wheel Locks
Future OEM: Remote Engine Start

"Performance modifications are not worth the hassle on an old daily ride. Buy a performance car instead " - Accord_Rules
post #6 of 20 Old 01-13-2014, 10:18 AM
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterDroski View Post

Ignore what most people in this thread have said. This level of conversion or modification isn't really what this site is accustomed to.

This is very possible. There are three or four people over on V6P that have full (or very close to full) JDM Inspire builds on their US Accord. It is very pricey as must parts need to be shipped from Japan but it is definitely doable and several people have done it to great success. Look up users ADI, toinkee69, turbo_holic, and Arielit0oo to name a few on V6P.
The Following User Says Thank You to ikethegreat For This Useful Post:
Denver (01-13-2014)
post #7 of 20 Old 01-13-2014, 10:28 AM
6th Gear

Garage
Like Ike said, it definitely is possible, but extremely pricey. You just need to buy all the parts (i.e hood, grill, fogs, bumper cover, and headlights.)

You need to have the hood in order to have the grill since the grill is shaped for that particular hood and is also bigger.

: I've definitely noticed the level of conversion on DA is much lower then over at v6p. I only had my account for maybe an hour before I started noticing that lol

-Ricardo-
2006 Honda Accord EX Coupe w/o Navi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3.0L V6 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Front & Rear OEM HFP Lips
Acura RL Advics BBK Upgrade
Acura TL-S Front & Rear Sway bars
Megan EZ Racing Coilovers
18x10 STR609 Wheels Squared
Megan Adjustable Upper Camber Arms
NRG Rear Engine Torque Dampener
JDM Honda Inspire Headlights
115,000 Miles - They grow up so fast :(
Alabaster Silver Metallic
post #8 of 20 Old 01-13-2014, 10:39 AM
6th Gear

LOL just get a TSX
post #9 of 20 Old 01-13-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikethegreat View Post
Ignore what most people in this thread have said. This level of conversion or modification isn't really what this site is accustomed to.

This is very possible. There are three or four people over on V6P that have full (or very close to full) JDM Inspire builds on their US Accord. It is very pricey as must parts need to be shipped from Japan but it is definitely doable and several people have done it to great success. Look up users ADI, toinkee69, turbo_holic, and Arielit0oo to name a few on V6P.
The OP isn't looking to do an Inspire conversion. Based on the comment about "the huge triangular shape" headlights, the OP is looking to do a Euro Accord conversion which is known as the TSX here in the U.S.

You're confusing the Honda Inspire

with the Euro Accord

Is such a conversion possible? Many things are, given the time and money. It will require a lot of fabrication work though since the width of the cars are different and none of the body panels/parts will line up easily like with an Inspire conversion
The Following User Says Thank You to namegoeshere For This Useful Post:
bobbo (01-13-2014)
post #10 of 20 Old 01-13-2014, 11:38 AM
6th Gear

The TSX is pretty much the exact same car. I'd look to sell the Accord and buy a TSX.

Carlos
Honda Civic 2009 EX Sedan - Royal Blue Pearl -
Honda Accord 2003 EX Sedan - Taffeta White - Sold 12/15/14
post #11 of 20 Old 01-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by namegoeshere View Post
The OP isn't looking to do an Inspire conversion. Based on the comment about "the huge triangular shape" headlights, the OP is looking to do a Euro Accord conversion which is known as the TSX here in the U.S.

You're confusing the Honda Inspire

[IMG]http :/ /> [IMG]htt :/ />
with the Euro Accord

[IMG]htt p:/ />

Is such a conversion possible? Many things are, given the time and money. It will require a lot of fabrication work though since the width of the cars are different and none of the body panels/parts will line up easily like with an Inspire conversion
Oh ok, if that is what he is talking about then I stand corrected. The "jap/euro" in the thread title is confusing.

So to sum it up for the OP:

US Accord -> JDM Inspire Accord = very doable with the right budget

US Accord -> Euro Accord (aka TSX) = a no go.
post #12 of 20 Old 01-26-2014, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Sweet thanks for all the input. I really hate the headlight shape on my 06 accord. It bugs me everytime I see them. I guess its not really worth all the money and time to do it to this accord. Plus its my daily driven. Gotta save everything for the project car :P
post #13 of 20 Old 01-26-2014, 09:15 AM
Fear The Turtle!

I look at the 7th gen Accords compared to almost any other family sedan and can't help but think about how slippery (low drag coefficient) the shape is. Even the headlights were designed to aid in the low drag coefficient rather than being a thin, upright strip like most other competitors. I appreciate it.

Mike

2006 Accord EX-L K24 5MT ASM -

1961 Impala 2 Door Sedan Flat Roof 3MT -

2011 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Wife's
2008 Hyundai Sonata SE V6
2012 Tacoma TRD Sport CCSB 1GR 6MT 4WD MGM
2011 Civic Si K20 6MT CBP
2001 Pathfinder SE VQ35 5MT SB
2006 Excursion Limited V10 4WD 4AT
1997 Pathfinder SE VG33 5AT
1999 ML320 5AT
1996 Accord LX F22 4AT
post #14 of 20 Old 02-04-2014, 07:57 AM
5th Gear

03 accord coupe front to tsx front

was wondering if you could change the 03 accord coupe front to the 04 tsx front. (fenders hood, headlights and front bumper

2003 2.4l Coupe
HID Projector Retrofit
Rockford Fosgate 6x9 rears
2 Kenwood excelon subs powered by kenwood amp
18x7.5 enkei wheels 225 40 r18 front 235 40 r18 rear
Afermarket pedals
resonator delete
TSX intake manifold
AEM cold air intake
Tower Strut Bar
Straight pipe
post #15 of 20 Old 02-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
was wondering if you could change the 03 accord coupe front to the 04 tsx front. (fenders hood, headlights and front bumper
Yes. I would estimate it will cost you at least $10,000 with the custom bodywork needed and it probably won't look right, but anything is possible.

It does not make any financial sense.

Mike

2006 Accord EX-L K24 5MT ASM -

1961 Impala 2 Door Sedan Flat Roof 3MT -

2011 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Wife's
2008 Hyundai Sonata SE V6
2012 Tacoma TRD Sport CCSB 1GR 6MT 4WD MGM
2011 Civic Si K20 6MT CBP
2001 Pathfinder SE VQ35 5MT SB
2006 Excursion Limited V10 4WD 4AT
1997 Pathfinder SE VG33 5AT
1999 ML320 5AT
1996 Accord LX F22 4AT
Advertisement

Tags
2006, cl7, honda accord

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.