Aftermarket Seat Install - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-05-2014, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Aftermarket Seat Install

hello, i have been looking for a step by step diy on installing aftermarket seats for the 7th gen but cant seem to find one. i got an i4 se sedan with cloth seats. Here are my concerns:

1. Do my oem cloth seats have airbags in them?
2. If so, will i only be getting the srs light and passenger weight sensor light?
3. Lastly, as long as the airbags dont deploy WHILE and AFTER install, then im good, i can deal with the lights and bypass later.

I dont wanna hear any of your rants if you havent done the install yourself or any experience at all. I just wanna know what i have to deal with to install my recaros, thanks!

Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Roll Tide!

Thanked 1,004 Times in 758 Posts
Good gawd man! Why two threads on the same exact topic? Recommend you get some patience and do some light reading until someone comes along and tells you what you want to hear.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 01-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Car so nice, bought twice

It seems with the 7G (at least the early years of it), side airbags were an option. If your car has them, then YES there's an airbag in the seat and the headliner (which is why seat covers aren't recommended for side airbag equipped vehicles):

YES you probably will get a warning light for replacing the seat. With the 8G disconnecting the yellow seat connector triggers a light that won't go away even if you reconnect it.

My car has a small (1/2" long x 1/4" wide) tag along the seat edge that says SRS or something on it. There's also a stamp at the top of the A pillar that says SRS something or other.

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

post #4 of 11 Old 01-06-2014, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijam View Post
Good gawd man! Why two threads on the same exact topic? Recommend you get some patience and do some light reading until someone comes along and tells you what you want to hear.
i think there was a glitch when i made the thread, i didnt wanna post 2 threads in the first place, calm your tits
post #5 of 11 Old 01-06-2014, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowned12 View Post
It seems with the 7G (at least the early years of it), side airbags were an option. If your car has them, then YES there's an airbag in the seat and the headliner (which is why seat covers aren't recommended for side airbag equipped vehicles):

YES you probably will get a warning light for replacing the seat. With the 8G disconnecting the yellow seat connector triggers a light that won't go away even if you reconnect it.

My car has a small (1/2" long x 1/4" wide) tag along the seat edge that says SRS or something on it. There's also a stamp at the top of the A pillar that says SRS something or other.
thanks for the feedback!
post #6 of 11 Old 01-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Car so nice, bought twice

If you do remove the seat...would you mind weighing it? I've considered removing my passenger seat since I rarely drive with any passengers to save weight, but if it's only 20 pounds I wouldn't bother.

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

post #7 of 11 Old 01-06-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowned12 View Post
you MUST disconnect the battery first if you want to disconnect that yellow plug.

From my experience of installing heating elements on my front seats on an 8G, disconnect the battery first, then unbolt the 4 bolts (14mm) that hold down the seat, tilt the seat back and unplug all connectors, and then remove the seat. Do what you want with it, then put the chair back, plug all connectors, and then bolt it down. reconnect the battery again.

Accord Coupe EX 2010 - Alabaster Silver on black interior
---
Smoked headlights & tail lights | Eyelids | HID headlights & Fog lights | 4th Brake Light | LED map lights, license plate | Cree LED reverse lights | Backup Camera | G35 Forged Rays Staged Wheels | 5% tints | Black Roof | Red interior trim
post #8 of 11 Old 01-06-2014, 03:07 PM

Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbas05 View Post
hello, i have been looking for a step by step diy on installing aftermarket seats for the 7th gen but cant seem to find one.

I dont wanna hear any of your rants if you havent done the install yourself or any experience at all. I just wanna know what i have to deal with to install my recaros, thanks!
Oh, I found the link that has photos and a nice write-up (did you even bother searching?, really? Tell the truth....'cause this has been done to death)

.....but I don't have seat install experience so I shant speak of it.

2005 Accord EX-L
2-door Coupe
PZEV emission vehicle (!)
4-cylinder, 5-speed Automatic Transmission
16.5 pound Acura RSX 16 inch wheels & 215/55R 16 Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires
145k miles (as of Jan '18)
post #9 of 11 Old 01-07-2014, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
Oh, I found the link that has photos and a nice write-up (did you even bother searching?, really? Tell the truth....'cause this has been done to death)

.....but I don't have seat install experience so I shant speak of it.
ive seen lots on other cars but not on a 7th gen,where abouts is this link? thanks
post #10 of 11 Old 01-07-2014, 06:25 AM

Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,377 Posts
The land of Oz, kind sir...."Aftermarket Seat Install with no Airbag Warning". Dude also has a huge pic of a tank of Nos in the back seat. He installed Recaro seats.

Hope this helps:

post #11 of 11 Old 01-07-2014, 08:19 AM
Bob's your UNCLE ...

Crazy Aussies - strapping a bottle of NOS down with the seat belt ... almost ... criminal ?

"I come from the land down unda" ...

-'07 K24/AT SE CM5

P&P 08 TSX IM|P&P OEM Injector Base|08 TSX TB|HPS short ram intake w/ K&N|wrapped headers
6-6 strut tower brace|Megan Racing strut tower brace|TL-S FSB|TL-S RSB
HDR grills|JDM emblems|HFP front lip|Inspire fogs|Mugen side sills|OEM deck-lid spoiler|OEM Hybrid tails|17"x7" EP-R5 (HFP) rims
ELM 327 Bluetooth|USA Spec BT-35 HON|Kicker CS65's|Kicker CS693's|LED interior bulbs
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.