Gold emblems, or no gold emblems? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
View Poll Results: Apply gold emblems to a white Accord?
No, leave it stock. 67 70.53%
Yes, apply all gold emblems. 21 22.11%
Yes, but only the gold "H" and "Accord"; delete "V6" badge 1 1.05%
Yes, but only the gold "H"; delete "Accord" and "V6" badge 6 6.32%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 60 Old 06-07-2007, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Gold emblems, or no gold emblems?

I have my white 04 EX-V6 sedan and ordered some gold "H" and "Accord" emblems because every time I've seen them on other black/white Accords I think they look sharp. It helps that the vehicle has no other chrome on it (save for around the windows). But now I can't decide, because if I remove the chrome-colored emblems I won't be able to put them back on.

What do you think? Go for the gold or not? Full emblemage or not (delete "Accord" and/or "V6" from the back)?

2004 Accord EX-V6 sedan in Taffeta White [
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]
Mods: USA Spec iPod adapter / hardwired Garmin Nuvi 360 / 3ARacing stainless exhaust tips

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 Old 06-07-2007, 01:14 PM

Gold emblems?

post #3 of 60 Old 06-07-2007, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by namegoeshere View Post
Gold emblems?
Oh come on, I *hate* bling and over the top stuff but I kind of like them, so they can't be that bad. They're a Honda OEM part, and sometimes the cars come with them on. You don't think or looks good at all?

]
Mods: USA Spec iPod adapter / hardwired Garmin Nuvi 360 / 3ARacing stainless exhaust tips

|

post #4 of 60 Old 06-07-2007, 01:23 PM
5th Gear

I have gold emblems on my white 2005 Acura MDX and the gold grill center. It looks great.

BUT

In 18 months they aren't as "gold" as they were when new, and the Acura emblem in the center of the grill got a stone ping that is just starting to blister corrosion under the gold.

In my opinion, to have gold emblems, you need to be prepared to change them in a few years to keep them looking fresh

Current cars:
2007 Accord VP Royal Blue/gray int. 4cyl automatic
2005 Acura MDX, no Navi, Gold Package, pearl white
frost, tan leather interior, Bose
1997 BMW Z-3, 1.9. 79,000 miles, Boston Green,
optional hard top
1997 Honda Accord, Red, SE 4 cyl, MINT, Original
80K (Son's car)

post #5 of 60 Old 06-07-2007, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreign_Wide View Post
I have gold emblems on my white 2005 Acura MDX and the gold grill center. It looks great.

BUT

In 18 months they aren't as "gold" as they were when new, and the Acura emblem in the center of the grill got a stone ping that is just starting to blister corrosion under the gold.

In my opinion, to have gold emblems, you need to be prepared to change them in a few years to keep them looking fresh
Yeah I have noticed that sometimes that can be the case. I'm willing to do that if necessary.

]

|
post #6 of 60 Old 06-07-2007, 01:35 PM
4th Gear

My vote was no. I'm not a big fan of emblems in the first place though and sometimes remove them if they're just glued.
post #7 of 60 Old 06-07-2007, 01:59 PM

It looks good on some colors. I have them with my DMM paint

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #8 of 60 Old 06-07-2007, 02:20 PM
6MT+Navi=Win!!

I personally prefer the gold kit on black. But it is your car, so you should do what you like.

'03 Sapphire Blue Pearl Accord 2dr EX V6 6MT w/Navi (90k miles) 18% tint, HFP wheels
'92 red Geo Metro LSi conv. (185k miles)
Current Hondas:
'06 Taffeta White Civic 4dr EX MT w/Navi
'97 Black Currant Pearl Odyssey EX
'86 Gold/Cream Goldwing Aspencade SE-i
Previous Hondas:
02 NBP Accord 4dr Special Edition w/gold pkg*90 HGM Accord 4dr EX MT*82 Cream Accord 4dr MT*1st Gen Accord MT*1st Gen Civic MT*2-3 bikes
post #9 of 60 Old 06-07-2007, 02:39 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordlover
I like the Gold on Green, Black, and White. Esp. Black. I wax mine to prevent sun damage. So far so good.

Not to 'hog' the thread, but here's a nice examples of what I think looks tasteful.

post #10 of 60 Old 06-07-2007, 02:48 PM
6th Gear

I always did like the gold emblems on a white or black car. They also look good with the dark blues, San Marino red and the green pearl. I put gold emblems on the 96 Accord and they dressed the car up very nicely IMO.

The color of the car was also white gold pearl.

1990 Honda Accord LX coupe
130,XXX miles

1989 Honda Accord LX sedan
186,XXX miles

1998 Lexus GS400
170,XXX miles

1992 Cadillac Allante
70,XXX miles

2013 Kia Optima LX
8,xxx miles
post #11 of 60 Old 06-07-2007, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

As fate would have it, I saw my exact car on the way home -- 03/04 white EX-V6 sedan with OEM spoiler and tinted windows -- with gold emblems, and I really liked it. I'm pretty sure I'll go ahead and put them on. As it turns out though, the kit I ordered doesn't have a "V6" badge in it, so I'm going to have to get that now (unless someone here has an unused one they want to sell me).

]

|
post #12 of 60 Old 06-07-2007, 03:21 PM
5th Gear

Wow... y'all are trapped in the early 90s...

Gold kits... HAHAHAHAHAH!

Durka Durka
post #13 of 60 Old 06-07-2007, 03:24 PM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA05LXDriver View Post
Wow... y'all are trapped in the early 90s...

Gold kits... HAHAHAHAHAH!

That must be why almost all manufaturers have them in their accessory catalogs, and why lexus cars have oodles of gold on them. Whatever you say.

It's a preference, and your remark was unnecessary, we're just trying to help a member out here, not dis him; or anyone else for that matter.
post #14 of 60 Old 06-07-2007, 03:26 PM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsaHonda View Post

The color of the car was also white gold pearl.
Your car is beautiful!!!

I really like the rear tails, one day I'll get up the nerve to buy some from TYC.
post #15 of 60 Old 06-07-2007, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

I do appreciate the opinions; and as someone else pointed out, it is my car, so my preference...but I still wanted to get an idea of what everyone else thought. Clearly there's different schools of thought here. I don't think they look good on every car, and trim in any excess is usually bad (Escalade, anyone?). But from what I've seen, it works well on the white/black Accords, adding a hint of color and accent. I'll be putting them on this weekend, hopefully I can acquire a "V6" badge by then.

]

|
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.