The Spyder Headlights - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 01-09-2013, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

The Spyder Headlights

What you guys think??

Attached Images
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 01-09-2013, 10:46 PM
5th Gear

Looks great

post #3 of 17 Old 01-09-2013, 11:04 PM
3rd Gear

looks good, but how is the light output?

post #4 of 17 Old 01-10-2013, 12:12 AM
5th Gear

Cutoff pics?
post #5 of 17 Old 01-10-2013, 02:11 AM
Wisdom Born of Age

You can barely read a newspaper with the light output and the light pattern looks like two flashlights. They are all show no go. They do look great, but don't drive at night.

2008 Honda Accord LX-P Sedan Taffeta White
  • XB35 4500K Morimoto HID
  • Morimoto H1 Retrofit
  • Ultra Racing Upper Strut Bar
  • TSX Rear Sway Bar
  • Spyder LED Tail Light w/Tubes
  • PUTCO LED Dome Light Kit
  • Chrome grill overlay
  • Odyssey Lower Grill
  • Stainless steel door sills
  • Crosstour Leather Shift Knob
  • EX-L "Wood" Interior
  • Llumar High Performance 35% Tint
  • Rear Lip

Squirrels ...............nature's speed bump
post #6 of 17 Old 01-10-2013, 03:01 AM
6th Gear

Looks really nice! How are they compared to original headlights? Close up pics please! Loving the grille btw~
post #7 of 17 Old 01-10-2013, 03:48 AM
Wisdom Born of Age

Again let me restate that I love the way they look in the daytime. However, that said, here is a typical review on their usefulness.
Quote:
Spyder Headlight Help
I bought a pair of spyder projector headlights a few weeks ago and I'm having some issues. I know they don't get a lot of love around here and I didn't plan on buying them but I found a pair for extremely cheap. The stock bulbs were horrible (as expected) so I installed 6k HIDs hoping to fix the problem. I've spent the last 2 days trying to adjust them and no matter what I do the output is still horrible. The pattern is all over the place, there's no clean cutoff, and even with them adjusted correctly I'm getting more output on the sides then in front of my car.

Is this expected? Is this why everyone hates them so much? I have extremely bad night vision and these things are keeping me from driving at night. I'm about the order the black housing stockers but wanted to make sure I wasn't screwing something up first.

2008 Honda Accord LX-P Sedan Taffeta White
  • XB35 4500K Morimoto HID
  • Morimoto H1 Retrofit
  • Ultra Racing Upper Strut Bar
  • TSX Rear Sway Bar
  • Spyder LED Tail Light w/Tubes
  • PUTCO LED Dome Light Kit
  • Chrome grill overlay
  • Odyssey Lower Grill
  • Stainless steel door sills
  • Crosstour Leather Shift Knob
  • EX-L "Wood" Interior
  • Llumar High Performance 35% Tint
  • Rear Lip

Squirrels ...............nature's speed bump
post #8 of 17 Old 01-10-2013, 04:27 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksills View Post
Again let me restate that I love the way they look in the daytime. However, that said, here is a typical review on their usefulness.
Yeah, that's true. Most aftermarket headlights do not have the best output... and can blind other drivers. Best to retrofit.
post #9 of 17 Old 01-10-2013, 04:32 AM
4th Gear

agreed, looks nice but overall it's better to retrofit if you want projectors/LED strip, halos, etc...

2008 TW LX 4dr~~~Gone
2010 CBP EX-V6 4dr~~~Current
post #10 of 17 Old 01-10-2013, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

I'll get the cutoff pics tonight but all the LED's (audi strip and halo's) don't produce any light output but the drl's/high beams from the H1 bulbs are fantastic! The low beams could be a little better. I mean they are just as good as the halogen bulbs but no where as good as retrofitted projectors. And the low beams are H1 xenon HID's
post #11 of 17 Old 01-10-2013, 06:59 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMCxEbinx View Post
I'll get the cutoff pics tonight but all the LED's (audi strip and halo's) don't produce any light output but the drl's/high beams from the H1 bulbs are fantastic! The low beams could be a little better. I mean they are just as good as the halogen bulbs but no where as good as retrofitted projectors. And the low beams are H1 xenon HID's
Do you have any plans to retrofit your own projectors?
post #12 of 17 Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

of course! If anything goes wrong with the led's in this one, i'm forced to open them. If that ever has to happen, I'll get new lens and hopefully that will fix the error.

And here are some more pics....For the picture with the light output, I know that it's not even and that's because both sides were damaged from past incidents and we never took it to a body shop....my dad played it cheap and tried doing things his way.
Attached Images
post #13 of 17 Old 01-10-2013, 11:02 PM
5th Gear

Rotation is off on the driver side
post #14 of 17 Old 01-11-2013, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Rotation?
post #15 of 17 Old 01-11-2013, 06:28 AM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to BlitzMob
YIKES. At least you will be able to people see walking in the shoulder without issue.

2010 Accord Coupe, EX-L V6 MT
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.