XM Button does not work at all - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 12-24-2017, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

XM Button does not work at all

Hi, Iím new to the forums. I would like to run this by some of you and see if this is what I think it is. I have searched this forum, but saw nothing exactly like my issue.

Today, I got in my car, XM was on but was silent and not showing any display items. I pressed the FM button, and it worked as it should. I pressed the XM button and I get nothing. It will not select that mode at all. The button does depress and return. If I select the mode with my steering wheel itíll run through the cycle (FM, AM, CD, AUX) but no XM. I canít even get back to the preview channel.

So, the major points.
We are working on a 2010 Accord EX-L, no navigation, XM equipped.
I do have an XM subscription (7 years specifically on this car), and it is active.
I have not recently been involved in a wreck that involved the right rear of the vehicle. I have checked the XM module, it is plugged in.
The car has not had any trauma like being flooded or anything.
The radio has NEVER been out. There is no reason for it to be unplugged on the radio end.
Friday afternoon, I left work with XM working. This morning, nothing.

Head unit?
XM module?

Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-24-2017, 01:20 PM
Elvira - the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaBart View Post
Hi, I’m new to the forums. I would like to run this by some of you and see if this is what I think it is. I have searched this forum, but saw nothing exactly like my issue.

Today, I got in my car, XM was on but was silent and not showing any display items. I pressed the FM button, and it worked as it should. I pressed the XM button and I get nothing. It will not select that mode at all. The button does depress and return. If I select the mode with my steering wheel it’ll run through the cycle (FM, AM, CD, AUX) but no XM. I can’t even get back to the preview channel.

So, the major points.
We are working on a 2010 Accord EX-L, no navigation, XM equipped.
I do have an XM subscription (7 years specifically on this car), and it is active.
I have not recently been involved in a wreck that involved the right rear of the vehicle. I have checked the XM module, it is plugged in.
The car has not had any trauma like being flooded or anything.
The radio has NEVER been out. There is no reason for it to be unplugged on the radio end.
Friday afternoon, I left work with XM working. This morning, nothing.

Head unit?
XM module?
You've have been searching !?

To lose the choice of XM is different. In that case you can't have them refresh your radio OTA unless you have it on channel 1.

I'm guessing you have tried removing the battery cables to see if the radio resets? Have the code before trying this !

This might help as this shows AM FM receive levels. Does the XM button in your car show up on this radio ?

Mike

2013 EX-L V6/6A (no nav) sedan CBP
"vita est brevis, vado pro V6" - Me
"Speak only when you feel that your words are better than your silence." - Anonymous
"Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."- Benjamin Franklin
"Never walk past a mistake " - Colin Powell, retired four-star General
The Following User Says Thank You to Miker For This Useful Post:
HondaBart (12-24-2017)
post #3 of 4 Old 12-24-2017, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Knew I forgot to add something in the original post! I have unplugged the battery, that didn’t do anything for me.

That diagnostic video was very helpful. When I did the key recognition part, it did recognize the XM key. So that leads me to believe the HU isn’t the problem and it’s the XM module that has gone 10-7. On these cars, if XM isn’t hooked up will it just not even try? Does it not give a message like “sat radio not available” etc?

post #4 of 4 Old 01-11-2018, 09:03 AM
My First Post

Any luck with this? Just happened to me as well.

Followup: Fixed it tonight. FYI I've got a 2010 Accord V6 (premium audio system). I removed the head unit, disconnected and reconnected all the cables, re-entered the security code. Works fine now. Very unlikely it was a loose connection so I assume I would have gotten the same result by disconnecting the car battery, but I'll never know.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.