Couple of weird issues with my Honda need help - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
  • 1 Post By Miker
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 12-06-2017, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Couple of weird issues with my Honda need help

I recently bought a 2009 Honda Accord LX 4 cylinder. Ive had it about 3 months. First issue was happening when I bought it. When im driving the radio switches to cd player randomly on its own. It happens more when Im making a turn but will also do it when im going straight.

2nd issue now that its cold outside I have noticed a rattling noise when I start the car when its cold after its warmed I can start the car and no rattle. I also notice the rattle when it shifts from 1st to second when its cold but after it warms up no rattle.

3rd and final issue. Some times the brake lights and tail lights dont work. sometimes only one brake light will work sometimes its the opposite one. sometimes both brake lights work and the tail lights dont.

Any help is appreciated

Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-07-2017, 04:55 AM
Elvira - the car

Welcome !

1 does the steering wheel have controls for the radio IDK? Wiring MAY be shorting out causing it to make phantom switching to the CD.

2 Rattle on cold start usually is the VTC actuator problem. Does it rattle for about 2-3 seconds or so then stop?

3 Possible bad brake light switch but I'm leaning toward a MICU problem since it affects tails, brake lights, etc MICU is the multiplexer under the dash.

How many miles on the clock?
Do you know the maintenance records?
How's the oil level ?
Is there a trailer hitch on the car? brake light problem possibly.

slimm1469 likes this.

Mike

2013 EX-L V6/6A (no nav) sedan CBP
"vita est brevis, vado pro V6" - Me
"Speak only when you feel that your words are better than your silence." - Anonymous
"Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."- Benjamin Franklin
post #3 of 4 Old 12-07-2017, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thanks for the response!
Yes it has controls on the steering wheel
Yes the rattle stops after a few seconds of starting but sometimes rattles in the first few minutes of driving when it shifts to a gear but stops all rattles after i drive it for a few minutes. There is a U shaped metal piece in the back under the rear bumper but i wouldnt call that a hitch. Looks more like what you would hook to if you got stuck in a ditch.
Has a 157k miles on it

Thanks Wicked

post #4 of 4 Old 12-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Elvira - the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedJeromy View Post
Thanks for the response!
Yes it has controls on the steering wheel
Yes the rattle stops after a few seconds of starting but sometimes rattles in the first few minutes of driving when it shifts to a gear but stops all rattles after i drive it for a few minutes. There is a U shaped metal piece in the back under the rear bumper but i wouldnt call that a hitch. Looks more like what you would hook to if you got stuck in a ditch.
Has a 157k miles on it

Thanks Wicked
I mentioned hitch thinking that a trailer lighting plug may be causing the tails, brake lights to act erratically.

Could also be as simple as a loose ground, back near the trunk, causing erratic lighting behavior too.

The steering wheel has a wiring "cassette" that wears out sometimes as well as the plugs loosening.

Some folks here can relate.

Check out that TSB I attached and see if it was performed on your car.

Mike

2013 EX-L V6/6A (no nav) sedan CBP
"vita est brevis, vado pro V6" - Me
"Speak only when you feel that your words are better than your silence." - Anonymous
"Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."- Benjamin Franklin
Advertisement

Tags
brakes, engine noise, lights, radio, tail light

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.