Audio control question - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-12-2015, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Audio control question

I'm putting together my system for my 8th gen coupe I recently came across an audio control dq61 for a good deal. My intention was to get LC7i but got the dq-61 there's mutli reason why ppl buy this little device. I got it cause I wanna keep my stock radio but make it sound better and louder with the aftermarket speaker and sub setup. My question is can someone explain to me what is the use for the audio control epic center, audio control matrix plus, audio control eqx or eqs... I'm thinking the audio control dq-61 has all that built in plus some but I need another's person opinion... I check the website but I need a little more knowledge

Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-13-2015, 10:41 AM
1st Gear

Hello. The DQ-61 gives you EQ (EQS), some line driving (not as much output as the Matrix Plus - 7.5 Vrms (DQ-61) vs. 9.5 Vrms (Matrix Plus)) and of course, Signal Delay. The EQX has a built in crossover - the DQ-61 does not. The Epicenter is a specialized Bass Restoration processor, which enhances bass in the region of 27 Hz to 63 Hz by creating subharmonic content derived from upper harmonics in your music. The DQ-61 does have a bass compensation feature, called AccuBASS, which is different to the Epicenter. AccuBASS is more or a low frequency boost to content that is already present (whereas the Epicenter is creating subharmonic content). AccuBASS can be used to recover some bass lost when your factory head unit rolls bass off at higher volumes.

To recap:
EQS - Six Channel EQ
EQX - 2 Channel EQ with Crossover
Matrix Plus - 6 Channel Line Driver
Epicenter - Digital Bass Restoration Processor

DQ-61 - 6 Channel line output converter with EQ, Signal Delay, Signal Summing, AccuBASS and line driving

Hope this helps!

Dan

The Following User Says Thank You to AudioControl For This Useful Post:
red8thgen12 (05-17-2015)
post #3 of 3 Old 05-17-2015, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioControl View Post
Hello. The DQ-61 gives you EQ (EQS), some line driving (not as much output as the Matrix Plus - 7.5 Vrms (DQ-61) vs. 9.5 Vrms (Matrix Plus)) and of course, Signal Delay. The EQX has a built in crossover - the DQ-61 does not. The Epicenter is a specialized Bass Restoration processor, which enhances bass in the region of 27 Hz to 63 Hz by creating subharmonic content derived from upper harmonics in your music. The DQ-61 does have a bass compensation feature, called AccuBASS, which is different to the Epicenter. AccuBASS is more or a low frequency boost to content that is already present (whereas the Epicenter is creating subharmonic content). AccuBASS can be used to recover some bass lost when your factory head unit rolls bass off at higher volumes.

To recap:
EQS - Six Channel EQ
EQX - 2 Channel EQ with Crossover
Matrix Plus - 6 Channel Line Driver
Epicenter - Digital Bass Restoration Processor

DQ-61 - 6 Channel line output converter with EQ, Signal Delay, Signal Summing, AccuBASS and line driving

Hope this helps!

Dan
So with the DQ-61 it gives me a little of everything besides the crossover correct

so do you think if i was suppose to get the epic center and 6xs with my dq-61 would that be over kill

setup up would be use for show and tell i like the ability to have options and to enjoy my music the way i want to enjoy it
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.