gps unit says "please check disk" =( ? - Drive Accord Honda Forums |
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-24-2014, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
My First Post

gps unit says "please check disk" =( ?

hello guys! It's a pleasure to be part of this community. I purchased a dark blue 2009 Honda accord coupe 6speed exl model with a navi system and up to this point I have loved the car!! It's definitely all and more I had in mind when I first saw it.

Well with that being said, I've ran into my first road bump with the car..and it's with the Navi system. I got my windows tinted about 2 days ago and for some reason the battery died on us so we had to jump start the car in order to get it running again. Next thing you know the radio and gps unit needed to be rebooted. Easy fix I thought.. until i plugged in the code for the radio and then proceeded to reboot my gps unit.

Problem is that it never makes it past the part that says "please check disk" after spending a minute or two on the "downloading software" screen.

I've tried to pop in and out the cd from the Navi disk drive in the drunk multiple times and no luck. I've also checked the disk and my laptop reads all it's content just fine so I'am thinking it's not the disk either.. so this leaves the dvd drive as the culprit right?...

Anyone encounter this issue before and have some advice for me? I'am scared of going to the dealer and having a ridicules price quoted for this.

any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated guys!

post #2 of 6 Old 03-26-2014, 12:32 PM
1st Gear

I used to have a similar problem when I tried updating my map data, what I had to do was hold the Cancel, Map and Menu button for like 5 seconds for it to go into diagnostic mode and exit into the nav. Ended up going to the dealer to get it fixed for about $65

post #3 of 6 Old 03-31-2014, 07:28 PM
My First Post

I'm also facing the same problem from last weeks... here is my story...

My navigation system says "software downloading" and after few minutues, says "Please check your disk". I verified the GPS navigation CD and verified in my laptop and able to access the data, seem to be CD is working fine.

I tried many times to get into diag mode by pressing "cancel, map, mode" button simultaniously, I don't see diagnostic menu is coming up

I took the dealers, he wants to send the CD drive for check up or repair and he quote the repair cost will be more than $400..

Based on the error message any one confirm me, Is it really a problem with CD drive or any connection/cable issue to CD drive ?

Note: I started seeing the message after my car battery went down last time. After jump start, it never camp up.

Some people suggested me, unplug the car battery for 30 minutes or so and try again. I'm yet to try this ?

post #4 of 6 Old 04-01-2014, 08:07 PM
4th Gear

Disconnecting the battery won't cost you anything. I'd say it's worth a shot.

2009 Honda Accord EX-L w Nav Black on Black Manual
post #5 of 6 Old 09-14-2014, 04:16 PM
1st Gear

any solution found? I'm getting the same error. I've tried disconnecting the battery but that makes no difference. I even get the same message if no disc is in the drive. I've also tried pressing the 3 button reset sequence but it does nothing.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

post #6 of 6 Old 01-16-2015, 05:03 AM
My First Post

I am starting to think it is a "your time has run out, buy a new honda". Mine started doing it also after I installed a new battery.

When I found this link

I tried the ruler remedy and it WORKED! Just be gentle.
I remembered when I bought my new map disk a couple of years ago it listed which model navigation system it would work in so I went to other car models to do the research.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.