HID kit for noobs - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 11-15-2013, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
HID kit for noobs

Hey guys. I know this topic has been well covered on here but there is a lot of mixed information. I want to get a nice HID upgrade from my halogens but don't know what kind/accessories/relays/harnesses to get with it. I would rather spend a bit on an HID kit that'll last me rather than a 30 dollar eBay kit. If you guys could help me out that'd be great.

I know I want to go with 5000k as the color temperature, but I don't know what the difference between 35/55 watt systems are and all the other details. Thanks for the help in advance.

Black Accord EXL Coupe
YouTube Account: milmast =>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram Account: milmast =>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 11-15-2013, 08:10 PM
4th Gear

well i will say xenondepot hid are pretty good make sure to use a coupon I think is DA. they will give u a $25 off and harness for free. if u want to get a cheaper one, lots of people in here use ddm hid but I cant talk abt it because never own a pari of these.

post #3 of 35 Old 11-15-2013, 08:37 PM
CM6
RIP my Acorn

Garage
You'll want a kit from The Retrofit Source. Wattage determines output at a certain bulb temp. Higher wattage decreases bulb life. I believe that the TRS kit includes a heavy duty harness. I've been through at least a dozen kits in about 4-5 cars and the TRS kit was by far the best. DDM has consistently been the worst that I've had as well as other people I know personally that have used them.

2006 Accord V6 6MT 4D - TOTALED
Carbon Bronze

2014 Ford Focus ST 6MT 5D
Spirit Blue

post #4 of 35 Old 11-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Marcus

Send a message via Skype™ to gillbill2795
DDM is great as a cheap set, I've have had mine in my lows for about a year and a half - left ballast died after a month, had it replaced and it's been running strong since. However, it does have some flickering issues and one won't turn on from time to time, but that's the price to pay for a cheap kit. That doesn't even matter since you don't want cheap - good call.

I have a 5000k Kensun kit in my fogs and I couldn't be happier. They're awesome. I tried the ballasts in my low beams and they fire up perfectly every time, never flicker or anything. They're $60 a set.. Had it for over a year and they're also running strong. Fantastic set of HIDs.

I would say you would definitely be safe with Morimoto and XenonDepot, but those kits are upwards of $120, I believe. Quote me if I'm mistaken. But from my experience, a 35w kit from Kensun is unbeatable for the quality and what you get for the price. Bright, fires up every time, crisp color.

Stick to 35w, 55w is brighter in the foreground, but you're essentially required a relay harness for the extra power it needs; the harness will prevent you from burning your factory harness.

35w is plenty, 55w produces way too much glare (like 35w doesn't already haha) but I'm not gonna give you a hard time about that because EVERYONE hates that shit. Except our beloved Markus.
post #5 of 35 Old 11-15-2013, 09:07 PM
4th Gear

ddm is a cheap kit but it is also worth it, but if you want something that will last you a lifetime get a morimoto kit or since you're in Canada I would go with a lumens hid kit it is designed for Canada. I had the lumens kit for my 09 and it worked great.
post #6 of 35 Old 11-16-2013, 03:48 AM
G26
4th Gear

I've had a volt kit from xenon depot on for a year. They have never flickered or had any issues starting. I believe I got the 4300k which looks like 5k, very clean. I just plugged it into my stock harness. The ballasts are silent as well no buzzing.

I had a ddm slim kit on my ms3. One of the ballasts would buzz pretty loudly, and one side also had issues igniting all the time. That is why I went with a more expensive kit on the accord.

Current - 2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Previous - 2010 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe
Previous - 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
post #7 of 35 Old 11-16-2013, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I don't want to buy something cheap. If i'm going to buy a kit, i'm going to buy it once and do it properly. So would an HID Kit from Morimoto differ from XenonDepot? I've never bought/had an HID kit on a car of mine so I'm new to this

Black Accord EXL Coupe
YouTube Account: milmast =>

Instagram Account: milmast =>
post #8 of 35 Old 11-16-2013, 08:03 AM
2009 accord ex 4 cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeskmo View Post
well i will say xenondepot hid are pretty good make sure to use a coupon I think is DA. they will give u a $25 off and harness for free. if u want to get a cheaper one, lots of people in here use ddm hid but I cant talk abt it because never own a pari of these.
Volt kit from xenondepot is by far the best, and also the best warranty broda

-rear spoiler
-all ebay LED interior, license plate, trunk lights
-HID 8000k volt kit
-35% tint
-wireless ebay aftermarket rear view back up camera 7 inches
-plasti dip emblems, grill, rims
-ebay white led rear turn signals, backup lights
-rear white LED "H" emblem
-led laser door projector "H" reflection
- rear shark antenna
-V6 interstate megatron plus battery
-full stereo system upgrade (amps, components, subwoofer box) keep factory headunit
-avital 5303 remote start and alarm
post #9 of 35 Old 11-16-2013, 10:46 AM
4th Gear

if you want to do it right, get some oem ballasts like denso or matsushita
post #10 of 35 Old 11-21-2013, 02:30 PM
radio-pro.ru Sponsor

Thanks guys! I appreciate the support

Save $25 on by using coupon code "DA" upon checkout.

Edit: You way want to have a gander at this thread:

Steve

Use our
tool to find the right lighting for your Accord, and the most up-to-date Honda Accord lamp replacement guide!

1-877-522-2701 |

Last edited by XenonDepot; 11-21-2013 at 02:35 PM.
post #11 of 35 Old 11-21-2013, 03:26 PM
radio-pro.ru Sponsor

Give me a call (314) 205-3033 ext. 206

We have a quality HID conversion kit for $89 and the ballasts are backed with a lifetime warranty.

I can answer any of your questions and help you find what you are looking for

Nick C.

/

Your Source For Accord Lighting
(314) 205-3033

post #12 of 35 Old 11-24-2013, 02:41 AM
3rd Gear

On a side note, I assume you said that you want a 5000K color temp because you're more interested in good light v. looking cool. If that is the case, the one you want is the 4600K...these are the highest quality of light re: actually seeing stuff that you can get. Not that 5000K is bad, just that 4600K is better for illumination.
post #13 of 35 Old 11-24-2013, 03:14 AM
4th Gear

morimoto 35w from Theretrofitsource. Nothing better out there IMO. Ive had the kits from XenonDepot as well, and had no issues, but I'm impressed by the build quality on the Morimoto ballasts. Can't go wrong with either of those. Don't get 55W as they burn very hot and may cause issues in your stock headlight housings. 35w is plenty bright...

2010 ASM Sedan EX-L V6

20x10.5/20x8.5 XXR 521 | AirForce Struts | Accuair E-Level | JDM Inspire Trunk Conversion | LED Rear Conversion | Custom iPad Mini | Audison Bit Ten | Alpine Type-R Speakers and PDX-V9 Amplifier | Custom Fiberglass Subwoofer Enclosure | Honda OEM Head Unit | Mormimoto Mini H1 Retro/Apollo Shrouds/TRS xBA LED Angel Eyes | Takeda SRI | EBC Brakes | OEM Illuminated Door Sills | 35% Tint | Viper 5704 Security/Remote Start | Husky Floorliners
The Following User Says Thank You to Stu71584 For This Useful Post:
JCell5 (02-18-2014)
post #14 of 35 Old 11-24-2013, 11:11 AM
4th Gear

if i buy the volt hid kit by using the coupon DA, can i get a relay harness for free?
post #15 of 35 Old 11-25-2013, 10:02 AM
radio-pro.ru Sponsor

chokking :

Yes, using coupon code DA will get you a relay harness when ordering the .

Steve

Use our
tool to find the right lighting for your Accord, and the most up-to-date Honda Accord lamp replacement guide!

1-877-522-2701 |

The Following User Says Thank You to XenonDepot For This Useful Post:
Advertisement

Tags
bulb, halogen, headlights, hid, xenon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.