My other Accord, 86 S Hatchback - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
4Likes
  • 4 Post By L3G10N
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-12-2015, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Send a message via MSN to L3G10N
My other Accord, 86 S Hatchback

I never been a lot in here since I registered in 2011 i think. Same if I look new here, well in fact, I am not. I am actual co-owner of the Quebec Accord Club and into Accord world since 95-ish. Some saw it into the 9th section, I am owner of a 2014 Touring Sedan CVT I4 since few months. Had before many other Accord gen mixed. But there is one I always kept with me. And it is my good old 1986 S hatchback. I first bought it from an old lady. Car didn't had 100 000km on it. She was not doing 5000 km a year. And I did some modification that, since all those years.... are still undone.... shame on me! lol

Here it is! My soooo long... too long... project!

I miss her SOOOOO much.
Here'S some pics of the progression
Preparing the shaving and the custom side skirt.

And the result on Primer.

Shaving the top!

Next step, molding the front 88-89 bumper with the custom lip.

the bumper is 4" too long on the side. It come from a 4th gen Accord. But well, the rear one is almost done!

Now about the front one. He's on the car only to see what's needed to modify. He's not yet started! As you can see, he have a yellow tape. The part behind this tape need to be cut to give the car a great shape to the wing and let the 18" get in there easily. The front bumper is SOOOOOO round compared with the OEM one. So, it will be impossible to get the bumper "square" as the OEM. The corner light get almost over the bumper.... So, we will work to modify the bumper to get a bigger corner without destroying the general look of the bumper. Where you can see the horn, will be filled with a fog light. Can't be better than Hondaman87 did! (props to him as always!!!) There's A LOT of work to fit this 90-93 accord bumper there and keeping a great look. AS IS right now, the headlight can't close. The bumper get under the light too far.... Hondaman87, what did you do?!?!??! What have you changed to get this awesome look?!?!

Look at this POOR car.... We can almost say tha she is smiling saying:"WOohoo!!! I got some bumper!!!" lololol

and WAY WAY WAY more!!! lol

1986 Accord Hatchback S
5Zigen SC3000 18"x7.5"

2014 Accord Sedan Touring 4Cyl
5Zigen SC3000 19"x8.5"
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-12-2015, 07:35 PM
"April" silver 07 Accord

Garage
Looks good!

Check my car domain to see my mods and pics-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Yes, I'm a girl.

That's a lot of work!

~Jen~
2008 EX-L V6 Coupe - BBP
2004 EX-L V6 Coupe - SMR - RIP :(

post #4 of 7 Old 02-12-2015, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Send a message via MSN to L3G10N
yeah and it's not done. Now I want to remove this damn front bumper to put back the OEM 88-89 and add a Kaminari lip(they were discontinued back in time but they start doing it again). Also, neet to custom buld the JDm b20A that goes in it with it dual weber setup. Rear disk brake convertion and lot lot lot of other stuff lol

1986 Accord Hatchback S
5Zigen SC3000 18"x7.5"

2014 Accord Sedan Touring 4Cyl
5Zigen SC3000 19"x8.5"
post #5 of 7 Old 01-13-2016, 05:05 AM
Industrial Designer

I was curious about what I'm assuming is yellow adhesive you used on the side skirt.

I need something like that with a strong bond for an upcoming project. If it is adhesive, what did you use?

Looks good so far!
post #6 of 7 Old 01-14-2016, 04:06 AM
Don't drink and drive

Garage
Good job on the body work. Gonna redo the inside too?

2005 Honda Accord V6 LX - 177k
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2003 Ford F-150
2015 Rocky Mountain Soul (Runs on fat)

2005 Toyota Corolla
2011 Ninja 250R
2006 Cadillac CTS
1999 Nissan Altima

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Ordinary people have big TVs. Extraordinary people have big libraries." - Robin Sharma
post #7 of 7 Old 04-09-2016, 01:53 PM
5th Gear

Sweet! I still miss my little 87 Hatchback. Best car I ever owned.

2016 Accord Sport
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.