Mounting HID Ballasts - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 02-03-2013, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
EarthDreams

Garage
Mounting HID Ballasts

Hey, I've done lots of searching on here and I can't seem to find pictures or anything regarding a good place to mount my HID ballasts. Anyone have pics or a detailed description of where I should be mounting these bad boys? Thanks ahead of time!

Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 02-03-2013, 09:25 AM
4th Gear

Passenger side using factory threaded hole that wasn't used. Just get a bolt and secure it there.:

Driver side, attached to a wiring:

The relay wires were ran behind the bumper. The install is not noticeable if you just open the hood. All wires were covered and look like stock

Attached Images
post #3 of 20 Old 02-03-2013, 03:22 PM
4th Gear

Wow, dun have to remove the whole bumper to hidden blast.

2013 Honda Accord I4 CVT - Alabaster Silver Metallic
- Fully customize
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, D2Racing Coilovers, VelgenWheels, AVS Ventvisor, HID low beam, M3 roof spoiler, Deck lid spoiler, Replace stock speakers, Painted Splash guards, Dealer installed factory 2nd alarm. Dual Magnaflows Mufflers with Dual CTX tips, Painted EZ-Lip,

post #4 of 20 Old 02-03-2013, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
EarthDreams

Garage
Mounting HID Ballasts

Damn you guys went all in with these responses. Thanks for the help!!
post #5 of 20 Old 02-03-2013, 08:31 PM
2nd Gear

Hid install

Why would one go through the trouble in tacking off the bumper to instal your ballast or relays when there is so much room in the engine bay to instal. Once you put it back together, lets say a week later a ballast goes out, then you will have to go through all that work to take off, put back stock lights, reinstal bumper, wait for the new ballast to come in, then repeat. What a waste of time. JAT
post #6 of 20 Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 AM
4th Gear

I don't get it either fwiw....
post #7 of 20 Old 02-04-2013, 08:32 AM
5th Gear

Re: Mounting HID Ballasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minidude View Post
Why would one go through the trouble in tacking off the bumper to instal your ballast or relays when there is so much room in the engine bay to instal. Once you put it back together, lets say a week later a ballast goes out, then you will have to go through all that work to take off, put back stock lights, reinstal bumper, wait for the new ballast to come in, then repeat. What a waste of time. JAT
It took me and a friend 15 minutes to pull it off so why not. I also did the fogs and set them up to run leds in the future. All I have to do is change the bulbs. I don't like crappy installs.

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Nav
Crystal Black Pearl/Black Interior
Splash Guards - Wheel Locks - HID's in Lows (6K) and fogs (3k) - Weather Tech Digital FLoor Mats - ExLed Custom Interior Lights.

Previous 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Nav, Crystal Black Pearll/Black Interior

Previous 2008 Honda Accord EX-L I4 Nav, Nighthawk Black/Black Interior
post #8 of 20 Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 AM
2013 Sedan Sport

at least now i can see how to take out the air intake resonator box? lol

but yeah thats a legit install. nothing wrong with that! nice work.
post #9 of 20 Old 02-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Retired from Car Biz....

I have an HID kit coming that Lockeed recommended and installed. There is plenty of room to move around the bay and mount ballasts with #M Dual lock, VHB tape or Contractor zip ties, I'll figure out what I use when I get in there.

But I'm not removing the bumper for one reason; I had 2011 Civic that I took off the bumper to install horns and two other times to do a few things.After about a year it was slightly loose even though every button was new, pushed in and tight. The seams looked a bit uneven. It was my OCD, as no one else could tell but me. But that was enuf that I'll leave this one tight and installed from Marysville.

My DD:'16 Camaro
post #10 of 20 Old 02-04-2013, 09:10 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen e View Post
I have an HID kit coming that Lockeed recommended and installed. There is plenty of room to move around the bay and mount ballasts with #M Dual lock, VHB tape or Contractor zip ties, I'll figure out what I use when I get in there.

But I'm not removing the bumper for one reason; I had 2011 Civic that I took off the bumper to install horns and two other times to do a few things.After about a year it was slightly loose even though every button was new, pushed in and tight. The seams looked a bit uneven. It was my OCD, as no one else could tell but me. But that was enuf that I'll leave this one tight and installed from Marysville.
If you need my help let me know

Splash Guards - Wheel Locks - HID's in Lows (6K) and fogs (3k) - Weather Tech Digital FLoor Mats - ExLed Custom Interior Lights.

post #11 of 20 Old 02-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Retired from Car Biz....

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulja4187 View Post
If you need my help let me know
I absolutely will ....you should come over and grab some my LED's.... they're just sitting in the drawer....or the O2 wrench...LOL

post #12 of 20 Old 02-04-2013, 09:32 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
I absolutely will ....you should come over and grab some my LED's.... they're just sitting in the drawer....or the O2 wrench...LOL
When do you want to do this? I work saturday until 4pm

post #13 of 20 Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Retired from Car Biz....

Quote:
When do you want to do this? I work saturday until 4pm
In LA for work from this sat thru the next sat but anytime after that...

post #14 of 20 Old 02-04-2013, 10:37 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
In LA for work from this sat thru the next sat but anytime after that...
Nice where are your keys so I can take your car for a drive lol

post #15 of 20 Old 02-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Retired from Car Biz....

Quote:
Nice where are your keys so I can take your car for a drive lol
will be down at ft laud apt off site long term parking with the cruise ship crowd (Yecch)

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.