2Likes
  • 1 Post By David Lee Allis
  • 1 Post By aahalblooshi
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 02-10-2018, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Can't Disable ACC in accord 2017

Hello,
I recently bought a new Honda Accord Coupe with honda sense (LKAS, ACC), i've been trying to use the standard cruise control, but i cannot disable ACC for some reason. According to what I've read in the internet. holding the "distance" button for few seconds will disable it. but it doesn't do anything for me.
I contacted the dealer, they said the standard cruise control option is not available in your model only in base models.., That is actually very stupid..

Anyhow i think its just a software issue to enable this option, since the car is fully loaded with all options. for some reason the stupid dealer in my country decided to remove this option.

do you guys have any idea how can i enable this standard cruise control instead of ACC?, is it possible to get the software and flash it into my car to enable this feature, any workaround?

Note: By clicking mode, i can disable ACC & LKAS, but i cannot use cruise control with ACC off

Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-11-2018, 08:50 AM
Elvira - the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahalblooshi View Post
Hello,
I recently bought a new Honda Accord Coupe with honda sense (LKAS, ACC), i've been trying to use the standard cruise control, but i cannot disable ACC for some reason. According to what I've read in the internet. holding the "distance" button for few seconds will disable it. but it doesn't do anything for me.
I contacted the dealer, they said the standard cruise control option is not available in your model only in base models.., That is actually very stupid..

Anyhow i think its just a software issue to enable this option, since the car is fully loaded with all options. for some reason the stupid dealer in my country decided to remove this option.

do you guys have any idea how can i enable this standard cruise control instead of ACC?, is it possible to get the software and flash it into my car to enable this feature, any workaround?

Note: By clicking mode, i can disable ACC & LKAS, but i cannot use cruise control with ACC off
Try hitting the distance button quickly, as in blip, not hold it down for any longer.

The 2013 OM and 2017 video online BOTH say 1.0 second to switch between ACC and regular Cruise.

Sometimes a slight blip is all that's needed.

Good luck!

By the way, I personally don't have ACC so this is not from my own experience.

Mike

2013 EX-L V6/6A (no nav) sedan CBP
"vita est brevis, vado pro V6" - Me
"Speak only when you feel that your words are better than your silence." - Anonymous
"Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."- Benjamin Franklin
"Never walk past a mistake " - Colin Powell, retired four-star General
post #3 of 15 Old 02-11-2018, 07:36 PM
3rd Gear

From, of all things, the manual;

To Switch ACC to Cruise Control
Press and hold the distance button for one second.

Cruise Mode Selected appears on the multi-information display for two seconds,
and then the mode switches to Cruise.

To switch back to ACC, press and hold the distance button again for one second.

2016 Accord Touring Coupe
Deep Blue Opal Metallic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 15 Old 02-11-2018, 07:52 PM
BRWNFLSH now

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahalblooshi View Post
Sounds like a typical response, designed just to make you go away. I doubt it's true.
I forgot to try it out on my car today. I like ACC though, so don't think I would use the non-adaptive cruise.

92 EX Sedan auto (RBM) - sold after 12 years (140k miles)
03 EX V6 Sedan auto (NBP, then Ford Blue) - traded in after 13 years (135k miles)
16 EX I4 CVT with sensing (KCM) - 15,000 miles so far
post #5 of 15 Old 02-11-2018, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLCKFLSH View Post
Sounds like a typical response, designed just to make you go away. I doubt it's true.
I forgot to try it out on my car today. I like ACC though, so don't think I would use the non-adaptive cruise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordant View Post
From, of all things, the manual;

To Switch ACC to Cruise Control
Press and hold the distance button for one second.

Cruise Mode Selected appears on the multi-information display for two seconds,
and then the mode switches to Cruise.

To switch back to ACC, press and hold the distance button again for one second.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker View Post
Try hitting the distance button quickly, as in blip, not hold it down for any longer.

The 2013 OM and 2017 video online BOTH say 1.0 second to switch between ACC and regular Cruise.

Sometimes a slight blip is all that's needed.

Good luck!

By the way, I personally don't have ACC so this is not from my own experience.
I tried everything, it really seems like the option is not available. i tried holding for 1 second.. pressing quickly. i spent an hour just clicking theses buttons.. nothing.

I saw a video in youtube, and i did the exact same thing..

I'm really not sure if i can do anything. like a software flashing or something do enable this option.

I owned a dodge car previously, when i update the uconnect display, it also affects the multi-information display, so i though if honda has the same thing, where i can get a software online and update the system i may get this option.

if you guys have any ideas.. please share them, i'm really willing to try anything. even if i ended up removing the radar and the ACC option permanently
post #6 of 15 Old 02-11-2018, 09:49 PM
BRWNFLSH now

Seems like you should be able to use it on the shortest setting, without it being so annoying to you. The only time I hate it, is when people on crowded freeways cut right in front of you. If I have to keep hitting the brake pedal (or cancel) then resume, over and over it's time to turn it off. In those situations I simply use my foot on the accelerator until the traffic opens up.

03 EX V6 Sedan auto (NBP, then Ford Blue) - traded in after 13 years (135k miles)
post #7 of 15 Old 02-11-2018, 09:53 PM
1st Gear

Garage
Take to the dealer and tell them to fix it. Or, do what they will most likely do. Reboot your car. Remove your neg battery cable for 10 minutes. When you reconnect it, everything will be back to factory default which should clear up your problem.
post #8 of 15 Old 02-11-2018, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Seems like you should be able to use it on the shortest setting, without it being so annoying to you. The only time I hate it, is when people on crowded freeways cut right in front of you. If I have to keep hitting the brake pedal (or cancel) then resume, over and over it's time to turn it off. In those situations I simply use my foot on the accelerator until the traffic opens up.
i am using it on the shortest setting, i drive daily 200km to work, and 200km back home. so thats 400km daily. on a 7 lanes road that is ALWAYS crowded. in my country, highway driving is really not fun. The speed limit is 140 km/h and you find people cutting in front of you for no reason and with a speed of 80 or 100..

So using ACC is impossible, and putting my foot on the accelerator 4 hours a day will cause health trouble and knee pain. (i'm a tall person (202cm)
post #9 of 15 Old 02-11-2018, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcglos View Post
Take to the dealer and tell them to fix it. Or, do what they will most likely do. Reboot your car. Remove your neg battery cable for 10 minutes. When you reconnect it, everything will be back to factory default which should clear up your problem.
According to the dealer this is not an option in the car. i actually went back to the showroom, and took a test drive car.. same thing. it turns out, they really removed the standard cruise control option.. i really can't believe how stupid that is.. but that's the case.

I'm trying to find an alternative, if i couldn't find any, i might go back to them and try to remove the whole honda sense system and get a normal cruise control.. hopefully they can do that.
post #10 of 15 Old 02-12-2018, 02:33 PM
BRWNFLSH now

So driving down the road today I decided to try switching to non-adaptive cruise control. I tried long presses, short presses (of the distance button), and had given up, thinking they really did remove it from the car. I waited a while, then tried again, and it worked, I got to normal cruise control. You can't short press, or long press, it's one second exactly, just like the owner's manual says. After I got it to switch to normal cruise control, it was pretty easy to do it again, and I noticed it beeps when the change happens.
Sorry, you haven't been able to get your car to make the switch aahalblooshi, but at least I got something out of it. Yea!

Picture is a little small, but it says cruise mode in the little box, and unlike ACC it doesn't show you the set speed. You have to go by the speedo. The speed is not set in the picture. The box white's out when you set the speed.

The Following User Says Thank You to BLCKFLSH For This Useful Post:
Miker (02-12-2018)
post #11 of 15 Old 02-12-2018, 04:22 PM
1st Gear

Is it possible that you have to be rolling with the system on and activated before switching between modes. I got the impression from the ops post that he was sitting still in the car pressing the distance button. You will note that blckflsh was rolling when it worked for him. I've never tried to turn off mine, I really do like it but you can bet Ill be trying to turn it off next time I drive it🤠

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Miker likes this.
post #12 of 15 Old 02-12-2018, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
So driving down the road today I decided to try switching to non-adaptive cruise control. I tried long presses, short presses (of the distance button), and had given up, thinking they really did remove it from the car. I waited a while, then tried again, and it worked, I got to normal cruise control. You can't short press, or long press, it's one second exactly, just like the owner's manual says. After I got it to switch to normal cruise control, it was pretty easy to do it again, and I noticed it beeps when the change happens.
Sorry, you haven't been able to get your car to make the switch aahalblooshi, but at least I got something out of it. Yea!

Picture is a little small, but it says cruise mode in the little box, and unlike ACC it doesn't show you the set speed. You have to go by the speedo. The speed is not set in the picture. The box white's out when you set the speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lee Allis View Post
Is it possible that you have to be rolling with the system on and activated before switching between modes. I got the impression from the ops post that he was sitting still in the car pressing the distance button. You will note that blckflsh was rolling when it worked for him. I've never tried to turn off mine, I really do like it but you can bet Ill be trying to turn it off next time I drive it🤠

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks guys for the reply.

i tried when the car is parked, i also tried on my way to work.. for a long time. unfortunately, nothing. It seems the dealer in my country really did not request this option.

I also noticed, that worldwide, there are different trims. EX, EX-L, and touring. but in my country, we only have EX, HS(Fully loaded)

I'm going back to the dealer in the weekend, i'll show them the document they sent me with the car options, it shows both "Cruise control" under "Interior/Convenience Features" and "Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)" under "Safety Features" (attached). i'll demand an explanation and a solution. i'll hope for the best.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2017_accord_coupe.pdf (114.7 KB, 19 views)
David Lee Allis likes this.
post #13 of 15 Old 02-12-2018, 08:03 PM
3rd Gear

It does work as mentioned in the manual on my 2016 Touring Coupe.

I suppose it's likely that different countries have different software installed that may correspond to marketing and governing laws.

But what's up with these options-
  • Power Adjustable Mirrors (With Power Folding)
  • Reverse Auto Tilt Door Mirror

I would rather have both those options than standard cruise. In fact, a wiring diagram would be very helpful in determining how it is configured.

2016 Accord Touring Coupe
Deep Blue Opal Metallic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 15 Old 02-12-2018, 08:59 PM
BRWNFLSH now

Quote:

I suppose it's likely that different countries have different software installed that may correspond to marketing and governing laws.

I would rather have both those options than standard cruise. In fact, a wiring diagram would be very helpful in determining how it is configured.
No way. I guess it depends on where you park, but I don't need folding mirrors. I'm not parking that close to anything, and I can see through the door mirrors just fine at my normal setting.
I'll keep my cruise control, thanks anyway.

post #15 of 15 Old 02-16-2018, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:

Quote:
No way. I guess it depends on where you park, but I don't need folding mirrors. I'm not parking that close to anything, and I can see through the door mirrors just fine at my normal setting.
I'll keep my cruise control, thanks anyway.
I went to the dealer, they said that previous customers complained about the same thing. and they contacted honda. but according to dealer, honda are unable to bring this feature to 2017 model. and you cannot modify anything in honda sense, because everything is interlinked. this issue is for the whole gulf counties.

dealer = useless. if i have a chance it would be modification shops.

Anyhow, thanks every one for your share and opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to aahalblooshi For This Useful Post:
Miker (02-16-2018)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.