Any way to add CarPlay to 2017 Honda Accord BASE Hybrid? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
2Likes
  • 1 Post By SwtAccrd
  • 1 Post By Pieter Vernon
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-31-2018, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Any way to add CarPlay to 2017 Honda Accord BASE Hybrid?

Anyone know a way to get an OEM set-up in one? Want to still be able to use all the steering wheel functions and the second screen functions. Ideas?

Current set up has standard radio/CD where CarPlay screen would be.

Can it be done?

Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-31-2018, 05:50 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by npep View Post
Anyone know a way to get an OEM set-up in one? Want to still be able to use all the steering wheel functions and the second screen functions. Ideas?

Current set up has standard radio/CD where CarPlay screen would be.

Can it be done?
2017 Accord Sport Stereo install with Metra 99-7804

npep likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-02-2018, 12:17 PM
1st Gear

I am contemplating the same, with an Alpine ILX 107. Do note that the Metra instructions say you'll lose the ability to view MPG in the i-mid display. You can still see it on the speedometer though.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-02-2018, 04:09 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by netw0rks View Post
I am contemplating the same, with an Alpine ILX 107. Do note that the Metra instructions say you'll lose the ability to view MPG in the i-mid display. You can still see it on the speedometer though.
Providing I can locate the appropriate harness, I will be pulling the trigger on the ILX 107 this coming week for a Friday install.

If you want to hold-off for a couple days I'll be your guinea pig.
npep likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pieter Vernon For This Useful Post:
netw0rks (02-05-2018), npep (Yesterday)
post #5 of 7 Old 02-05-2018, 05:46 PM
1st Gear

I recently found out (by accident actually) that there is a version of the Metra Kit that comes in the high gloss black which is what you want if you've got a sport model.Part number is 99-7804HG

I have a 2017 Sport SE and it's got the glossy trim. I was going to get this through Crutchfield, but they only sell the black 99-7804B
post #6 of 7 Old Yesterday, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Any update on your install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter Vernon View Post
Providing I can locate the appropriate harness, I will be pulling the trigger on the ILX 107 this coming week for a Friday install.

If you want to hold-off for a couple days I'll be your guinea pig.
post #7 of 7 Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by netw0rks View Post
I recently found out (by accident actually) that there is a version of the Metra Kit that comes in the high gloss black which is what you want if you've got a sport model.Part number is 99-7804HG

I have a 2017 Sport SE and it's got the glossy trim. I was going to get this through Crutchfield, but they only sell the black 99-7804B
They both of them now, the 99-7804B and the 99-7804HG. Currently the pictures and descriptions of the colors are wrong. They confirmed that over the phone yesterday (after me pushing and pushing to point it out to them). Don't know when they'll update their site. The HG is black on black, the B is black with silver.

2014 Accord Hybrid EX-L in Obsidian Blue Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.